+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

Re: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Oprah has said that she feels that along with the blessing of stardom comes the responsibility, and sometimes burden, of carrying it forward. If I were famous, I'd rather be in a position to choose my own platform than to be the face of a disease, like "my" Michael J Fox.
    IF they use their celebrity to promote awareness ( Jack Osborne) , its fine with me
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    IF they use their celebrity to promote awareness ( Jack Osborne) , its fine with me
    Yup, there's definitely nothing wrong with that. I think I just heard this morning that Elton John has raised over 300 million for his AIDs foundation! And what I was getting at is that if you are famous and you want to pay your blessings forward, it's so much nicer when you get to pick your platform that when it is chosen for you because e.g. you fall ill, like in the case of Jack, Michael J, and so many others. Even if they were already working on a cause, it often pales in comparison to what they get thrust into. What a stinky thing that Jack can never just be "Jack" again. Now he's always going to be "Jack with MS." I can't imagine never being able to turn that off. I guess that's why I feel he and the others deserve the recognition that they get: it's such a noble and selfless way to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Yup, there's definitely nothing wrong with that. I think I just heard this morning that Elton John has raised over 300 million for his AIDs foundation! And what I was getting at is that if you are famous and you want to pay your blessings forward, it's so much nicer when you get to pick your platform that when it is chosen for you because e.g. you fall ill, like in the case of Jack, Michael J, and so many others. Even if they were already working on a cause, it often pales in comparison to what they get thrust into. What a stinky thing that Jack can never just be "Jack" again. Now he's always going to be "Jack with MS." I can't imagine never being able to turn that off. I guess that's why I feel he and the others deserve the recognition that they get: it's such a noble and selfless way to live.
    BB what a wonderful thing to say and I totally agree. Without going into it I am a person like Jack, Valerie, Michael J. Fox (love him too) or countless others. I feel that I am no longer who I was, but a person who has _____. It stinks being labeled like that and I hate it. I hate it for anyone who doesn't ask for what life has dealt them. At least I am not famous and not in the news as these people are. I don't have the recognition nor the money these people have, but I did in my small way have my own platform that I wanted to do.
    Coco46 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Elizabeth and Val are dancing last tonight. It's the first time all season that this team is dancing in the last half of the show. Hopefully it will be a good dance for them and hopefully she'll have an opportunity moving forward to speak to her work with Ask Elizabeth. Tonight is all about SBTB and nostalgia fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    BB what a wonderful thing to say and I totally agree. Without going into it I am a person like Jack, Valerie, Michael J. Fox (love him too) or countless others. I feel that I am no longer who I was, but a person who has _____. It stinks being labeled like that and I hate it. I hate it for anyone who doesn't ask for what life has dealt them. At least I am not famous and not in the news as these people are. I don't have the recognition nor the money these people have, but I did in my small way have my own platform that I wanted to do.
    I agree with the others - to use one's celebrity status to bring light to important issues is great. So many don't bother. Sorry to hear about whatever it is you are going thru Jaceegirl. Rest assured, you are just Jaceegirl here, no labels allowed!
    Coco46 and Jaceegirl like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Thank you for sharing this. You're reminding all of us that we need to make sure that we let you just be you, and not a person who has __________. My heart goes out to you.

I hope you enjoy tonight's show. I think we'll be seeing some 10s, and hopefully a couple of them will be in my favor, because I'm slowly sinking in the pool!
    Coco46 and Jaceegirl like this.

FORT Fogey

Love the Saved By the Bell Jive tonight. It was corny and it was fun. Not her best dance but certainly a lot of content, and I applaud them for going for it despite all the show hype. That must have been nerve wracking, especially when the troupe does a pro jive bumper to I'm so excited BEFORE Eliz and Val danced. Voting to keep her safe.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I thought the dance was okay. Definitely not her best, but it was a cute reminder of the episode from SBTB
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I didn't either!!!, if it hadn't been for that awful Showgirls, I wouldn't have known who she was. Plus she has grown up since then. This is either going to be good, or really horrible -I guess we will see on Monday.
    I hate to quote myself but this was horrible and it was a hot mess The only thing difference between Liz and Christiana is Liz looks like she is enjoying herself. - that doesn't mean I am enjoying her, and she was scored according to what the judges saw. Len scored too high, but he did that all night. She said they were going to incorporate something from SBTB( check) and Showgirls I am hoping they leave showgirls way way out of this show. She thinks she dances better than she does . I think a guy will go home next week, not Liz.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 10-15-2013 at 11:35 AM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I thought the dance was okay. Definitely not her best, but it was a cute reminder of the episode from SBTB
    Right, I agree with that. Also, both Bruno and Len gave her a 9 and I think that was about right. I'm certainly enjoying her, and she's someone that has a lot of dance content. That in itself is fantastic, given that she and the others who did prescribed dances especially the guys who danced in hold, should be rewarded for really working at dance technique instead of becoming a one-trick pony.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread