+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

Re: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    No, he said he preferred "the other girl on SBTB"...meaning Kelly Kapowski.
    Well!! permission to slap him- just once
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Yeah, though with Mario, I find his career didn't really pick up again until after DWTS.

And I mean, since she has the jive for her most memorable year, it's not like she could exactly get real sentimental or anything. I'm sure, for example, the birth of her son far exceeds her "I'm So Excited" episode, but she went with something easy to translate with the style of dance she has.

As long as she explains that Saved By the Bell as a whole was memorable...and not the time Jessie was hooked on caffeine pills though! Cause then it'll just get like Jaleel when he said his most memorable moment was when "Urkel turned into Stefan"...had he said Family Matters as a whole, I don't think people would've taken him as such a joke!

I do like her (I actually like all the contestants this season...I find it much more enjoyable that I'm trying to give them all a chance for once, which isn't something I normally do ) and just hope she sells the crud out of this jive! Hopefully this will be a breakthrough for her and Val's chem!
    I think after showgirls, Elizabeth's career isn't so much about being in the spotlight anymore, it's become about her program for young girls, and getting the support for it to continue to grow. In that respect her and her husband Greg are really successful. She continues to network with Hollywood celebrities to raise the profile of the program, involve them in the workshops, and work with others like Oprah, who have similar programs. I sense this Jive is going to be a lot of fun, it's what people who remember Jesse Spano want to see. .
    MountainBreeze likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    I sense this Jive is going to be a lot of fun, it's what people who remember Jesse Spano want to see. .

Yes, I know I would've been upset had "I'm So Excited" not happened!

It'd be like the guy who played Carlton coming on and not dancing to Tom Jones and doing the "Carlton Dance"! Haha.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Carlton/Alfonso Ribeiro - I would LOVE to see him on DWTS!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Yes, I know I would've been upset had "I'm So Excited" not happened!

It'd be like the guy who played Carlton coming on and not dancing to Tom Jones and doing the "Carlton Dance"! Haha.
    Alfonso was on the show in seasons 4 and 6 supporting Joey Fatone and Lance Bass, he even was in a rehearsal package.
    Joey Fatone & Kym Johnson - Rumba - YouTube
    mesachick likes this.

EnglishCadbury, what can you tell me about Elizabeth's program for young girls? Saved by the Bell was not a program we enjoyed, and honestly, I was unfamiliar with Showgirls until I googled it. I just read an article about how none of her past cast mates have been coming to the show to support her. It might help her if they did, both in the eyes of the voters and to boost her morale. Also, if she does have a platform that is worth mentioning, it could be to her benefit if they did a piece on that too. It just seems a shame that those of us who don't know her at all, aren't getting to know her. It's almost feels like she's trying to keep her life private, but if she wanted to do that, why would she go on the show? I'm just not getting a feel for her personality.

FORT Fogey

Aw, yeah, well she's promoting anti-bullying, self-esteem, but diseases and fist pumps are what producers think are more important so it gets pushed aside.

Access Hollywood Live: Elizabeth Berkley Teaches Girls & Teens Tools To Build Self-Esteem | Access Hollywood
    MountainBreeze likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Alfonso was on the show in seasons 4 and 6 supporting Joey Fatone and Lance Bass, he even was in a rehearsal package.
    Joey Fatone & Kym Johnson - Rumba - YouTube
    He was also in the audience last season supporting Zendaya. He guest-starred on Shake It Up w/ Tyra Banks. Would love to see him on DWTS.

Back on topic, I'm loking forward to some SBTB nostalgia. Was thrilled when I found out they were dancing to ISE! Should be a good one!
    EnglishCadbury likes this.

Oprah has said that she feels that along with the blessing of stardom comes the responsibility, and sometimes burden, of carrying it forward. If I were famous, I'd rather be in a position to choose my own platform than to be the face of a disease, like "my" Michael J Fox.

Thank you for the link. I found it interesting.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Oprah has said that she feels that along with the blessing of stardom comes the responsibility, and sometimes burden, of carrying it forward. If I were famous, I'd rather be in a position to choose my own platform than to be the face of a disease, like "my" Michael J Fox.

Thank you for the link. I found it interesting.
    You're welcome, I understand why this isn't a quick insert into a video package before they dance, it's easier to make fun of her eyes or whatever. But you make a good point about it needing to get out there. Elizabeth is super generous with her time on the show, she's retweeting everyone else's agendas, maybe she could somehow get the producers to focus a bit on Ask Elizabeth. As for Oprah it was really nice to see her support of Elizabeth on twitter, they do share common goals and have worked together around empowerment for young women.

+ Reply to Thread