+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

Re: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

I am curious why she thought she couldn't go back to dancing. Just sign up for some classes and enjoy yourself. Seems all rather silly and overly dramatic to me.

Maybe she'll do a pole dance as her favorite year dance... LOL.... sorry I couldn't help myself with that one! poledancey.gif

We might all view her dancing abilities a bit differently, but one thing is for sure, she is clearly enjoying herself and that does count for something.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

That's hilarious Mesa. It really is, and who knows, maybe that was her favourite year. She danced in 2008, she isn't a stranger to dance, so she is doing something she likes
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 10-10-2013 at 06:01 PM.
    mesachick likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

To the Point

Oh goodness Mesa.....that's all I've got.
    mesachick likes this.

Tee hee! Glad ya'll have a good sense of humor! I don't know if she would actually consider the year her movie Showgirls came out as a memorable year - but I guess you never know. Long live Nomi Malone!
    Fanny Mare and Jaceegirl like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Elizabeth hosted a dance show, but has not performed in front of an audience in 20 years. [yes, mod delete]
    Last edited by Arielflies; 10-11-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Being happy with scores is one thing - Val is a natural competitor. Enjoying your partner can be something completely different. I guess some people just have that natural charisma about them, and Elizabeth just doesn't seem to exude that very well and instead she's coming across as a bit nutters. I personally didn't think the routine was worth the 9's they gave. She seems very heavy in her legs. I love Val though. I think he choreography is amazing.
    I agree mesa and earlier in the thread I mentioned that the stare down to me felt like overkill to show people we do have a connection that is not really there. It may be her “process” to get into character, but the whole thing struck me as awkward - particularly for Val. I actually feel a bit sorry for Val, because I think he’s having a hard time really bonding with Elizabeth – as others have mentioned I feel like he had a good, friendly bond with Sherri, Kelly, and Zendaya, but his interactions with Elizabeth just seem rather forced and uncomfortable. I felt that the mood of their Argentine tango – although Elizabeth may have been technically quite good, the chemistry just felt kind of forced and robotic. I personally thought the beginning was more robotic then later in the dance. I also mentioned earlier how I felt Elizabeth was seriously hunched over during parts of the dance which may be because of her height, but imo didn't make it pretty looking. I watched it again and still feel that way. I was wondering why Val didn't put any lifts in the Argentine Tango because that is what you see so often. I know it's not mandatory, but just curious.

Since my earlier post I watched After Buzz TV for this week and so many of the things I had felt about this pairing and the dance itself were discussed and they felt very much like I did. They all talk about the stare down being uncomfortable for them and during their discussion Anna Trebunskaya brought up that in her opinion Elizabeth seems to compare her dancing to Val (because Val is such a beautiful dancer) which she said is silly because he is a boy and she is a girl - Anna's words and Henry Byalikov thought she might be comparing herself to the other females in the competition. Anna also brought up the lifts and wondered where they were. To be fair they did say it was a well choreographed dance and deserving of the score of 27. Yet, they agreed with everyone's scores the judges gave that night except for Corbin's dance which they felt deserved at least one 10.

Link to this weeks After Buzz show that I always enjoy watching and listening to especially when they have guests like Anna, Henry and Sharna, etc.

Dancing with the Stars S:17 | Week 4 E:4 | AfterBuzz TV AfterShow - YouTube
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 10-11-2013 at 11:27 AM.
    mesachick and Fanny Mare like this.

Great link! I agree with what they said, and what you posted . It was an awkward moment, and if Elizabeth is a perfectionist that could be hard on them both. I loved what they said about Mark and Derek and Amber. Anna and Henry bring a different( behind the scene) perspective to all this..thanks Jacee
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Great link! I agree with what they said, and what you posted . It was an awkward moment, and if Elizabeth is a perfectionist that could be hard on them both. I loved what they said about Mark and Derek and Amber. Anna and Henry bring a different( behind the scene) perspective to all this..thanks Jacee
    YW Fanny and for me this is always a much watch for me because of Anna who is just about a regular this season since she is pregnant and I don't believe she is dancing this season at all. Sharna has been on now that she has been eliminated and Henry has been there the last two weeks. I agree with you it does bring a different (behind the scene) perspective. I love it when the different pros are on because they really know both the stars and the other pros as well.

Afterbuzz is just ridiculous. They never gave Zendaya any credit, but it's run by that shrill Maria Menounous so it's not worth much except to Hough fans. A thousand ytube views is nothing. Anna sounds a lot more convincing of what she's talking about in her blogs for ABC. She gets a lot more notice and readership than some bitch fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    YW Fanny and for me this is always a much watch for me because of Anna who is just about a regular this season since she is pregnant and I don't believe she is dancing this season at all. Sharna has been on now that she has been eliminated and Henry has been there the last two weeks. I agree with you it does bring a different (behind the scene) perspective. I love it when the different pros are on because they really know both the stars and the other pros as well.
    I like Anna, I like what she has to say .Plus Henry sees all the rehearsals etc and is friends with most of them. I don't think they said a bad thing about any of them really. They know how hard it is ..
    NCLurker and Jaceegirl like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread