+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 291
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

  1. #121
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,835

    Re: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

    Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Greg Lauren is a designer. He's super hot looking, which is why I wouldn't mind seeing him on the show lol. He comes to all the shows, so watch for him in the audience next week
    Okay, I will do that. I knew who she was married to. I just don't normally check out the audience.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  2. #122
    FORT Friend Baby's Breath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    739

    Re: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

    Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Heh, she's like a Lucy or Katherine Hepburn, just quirky and fun and I hope she never changes. If people want to send her home that's their perrogative, they'll just be missing out on the best ballroom dancer on the show. Val is just working that choreography for her and together they're magic. If Len was judging we'd have seen a 10 paddle.
    I'm not seeing any comparison to a Hepburn, nor am I seeing anything magical. Heck, she's not even fun.

    Florimel said "provincial beliefs of some viewers may send her home too soon" but for me, it would have nothing to do with that. It would be her lack of grace and her inability to connect to her partner and/or her audience.

    She fails to entertain me, and that's why she hasn't been getting any of my votes.
    NCLurker and Jaceegirl like this.

  3. #123
    FORT Fogey EnglishCadbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    923

    Re: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

    I think she's Val's best partner. She has a wonderful graceful and strong demeanor, great footwork, and can match him in intensity that I've never seen from any of his other partners. Oh, and it's really cool this Argentine Tango appears to be a break out for Elizabeth, she's now moving up in a lot of polls and even the betting odds. Zany and fun appears to resonate with a lot of voters.

    Nobody else has entertained me this season, so only Elizabeth and Val have been getting my votes.

  4. #124
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,835

    Re: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    I'm not seeing any comparison to a Hepburn, nor am I seeing anything magical. Heck, she's not even fun.

    Florimel said "provincial beliefs of some viewers may send her home too soon" but for me, it would have nothing to do with that. It would be her lack of grace and her inability to connect to her partner and/or her audience.

    She fails to entertain me, and that's why she hasn't been getting any of my votes.
    Technically she is good, she has no connection with him, no chemistry as we have said. Other forums have said the same as us- she is cold. She is nothing like Hepburn, nothing at all. She was hunched over in the tango, badly. They scored her for her footwork, otherwise she looked awful .I cant believe this stick is glad to lose even more weight

    I think she will be around because Val's fans vote for him, just like Derek's fans vote for him and his partner.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  5. #125
    FORT Fogey EnglishCadbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    923

    Re: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

    Cool Elizabeth and Val were trending on twitter during their Argentine Tango.. and she's such a lovely dancer, I think I've watched that dance 20 times now, and like Julianne, I get chills, such good dancing and choreography.
    Florimel likes this.

  6. #126
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,033

    Re: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

    Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    I think she's Val's best partner. She has a wonderful graceful and strong demeanor, great footwork, and can match him in intensity that I've never seen from any of his other partners. Oh, and it's really cool this Argentine Tango appears to be a break out for Elizabeth, she's now moving up in a lot of polls and even the betting odds. Zany and fun appears to resonate with a lot of voters.

    Nobody else has entertained me this season, so only Elizabeth and Val have been getting my votes.
    Interesting. I think Zendaya was a thousand times better partner for Val. He seemed much more alive with her, happy, goofing around. The choreography was much better as well. Now he seems almost put off a bit. Elizabeth just comes off as dull, especially in comparison to Zendaya.
    ilja and Fanny Mare like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  7. #127
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,835

    Re: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

    Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Interesting. I think Zendaya was a thousand times better partner for Val. He seemed much more alive with her, happy, goofing around. The choreography was much better as well. Now he seems almost put off a bit. Elizabeth just comes off as dull, especially in comparison to Zendaya.
    I agree, he was playful with Zendaya. He looks at a loss with EB, and not all that happy. He does look happy dancing with the guys at the start though
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  8. #128
    FORT Fogey EnglishCadbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    923

    Re: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

    Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Interesting. I think Zendaya was a thousand times better partner for Val. He seemed much more alive with her, happy, goofing around. The choreography was much better as well. Now he seems almost put off a bit. Elizabeth just comes off as dull, especially in comparison to Zendaya.
    As far as Elizabeth is concerned there's a lot more taking notice of her, and there is a lot of vitriol against her, so that in itself is far from dull. Val is over the moon they got 9's -the look on his face after Carrie Anne raised the 9 paddle said it all. He thought they were destined to stay with the 8 paddle. Zendaya was a fun contestant, and naturally talented, but Elizabeth is just beginning to get her confidence back and she is matching him, taking control where the choreography calls for it. She's no longer looking to him for every cue to movement but acting on what the music is telling her. This is a big step forward, and the audience loves a "journey" rather than the contestant scoring extremely high from the beginning.
    Florimel likes this.

  9. #129
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,033

    Re: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

    Being happy with scores is one thing - Val is a natural competitor. Enjoying your partner can be something completely different. I guess some people just have that natural charisma about them, and Elizabeth just doesn't seem to exude that very well and instead she's coming across as a bit nutters. I personally didn't think the routine was worth the 9's they gave. She seems very heavy in her legs. I love Val though. I think he choreography is amazing.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  10. #130
    FORT Fogey EnglishCadbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    923

    Re: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

    I disagree, I thought her legs and feet were particularly on pointe, I felt that it was particularly good given that it can be somewhat difficult for a person who has danced other styles to achieve, and Carrie Anne noted the sharpness, especially in the very fast final sequence and I thought it deserved at least one 10.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.