+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Leah Remini & Tony Dovolani - Season 17

Leah Remini & Tony Dovolani - Season 17

Leah Remini
    Season 17

Pro: Tony Dovolani

For nine seasons, Leah Remini starred in the hit comedy series, The King of Queens. The show continues to enjoy huge success through daily syndication, airing in over 33 countries. Remini produced and starred in the one of the earliest and most successful comedic web series, In the Motherhood. She co-produced a series of webisodes for the Suave/Sprint brands under the In the Motherhood banner. The highly successful series drew over 5 million viewers to the site.

In her first jump behind the camera, Remini co-produced the Inside Out: Leah Remini wedding and baby specials for VH1. On the big screen, Remini starred in Old School, alongside Luke Wilson, Vince Vaughn and Will Ferrell. In 2010, Remini helped launch and was co-host of the first season of the daytime talk show, The Talk and recently starred in the ABC series Family Tools.

A fixture on television since the age of 18, Remini has had memorable recurring roles on NYPD Blue, Friends, Saved by the Bell, Who’s the Boss?, Fired Up, Evening Shade, and Cheers. She landed her first starring role in the Who’s the Boss? spin-off series, Living Dolls opposite Halle Berry, and her first appearance on network television was on an episode of ABC’s Head of the Class.

Remini got her start as an actress on HBO’s anthology series Vietnam War Story. Remini finds great joy in her philanthropic work with numerous and diverse military, women and children’s charities. She resides in Los Angeles with her husband and daughter.

Meet the Season 17 Cast - ABC.com

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Re: Leah Remini & Tony Dovolani - Season 17

I like her and I like Tony.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

FORT Fogey

Oh my man, Tony, I love him, but he needs to shave. He looks like a bum in that picture. Not his best look, I don't think.
    I hope this is a great season for Tony. It looks like she has plenty of acting experience, but does she have any natural dance ability?
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Love BOTH of 'em!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Love this pairing! (So far, anyway) Hope she can dance and that Tony gets more creative.

FORT Fogey

I'm very excited for these two too! The only thing that could make this better is if Maks came back and he was her partner.

I just love her! I know that she can dance fairly well. I remember reading an article about her and her husband doing alot of salsa dancing.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

That's right! I had forgotten about that. Another good sign for her is that after everything that has happened with her and the Church of Scientology, and to some degree the fallout of being fired from The Talk last year, she's got a lot of drive to use the show as a vehicle to win fans and give her career a kickstart. I wish she wasn't going up against so many people who have song/dance performing backgrounds. It kind of feels like a season filled with ringers. But I hope she does well. If no one blows me away with dancing from the start, she'll be getting my votes early on based on likability.

I guess I am in team careless but now I understand why she renounced Scientology. Dodn't she report the police to say the leader's wife was "missing"?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

Yes. First she made a big deal over it at a wedding, and was required to go through auditing, or whatever they call counseling for her behavior. She decided after a while that she didn't want to be counseled for saying things didn't make sense so she left the church very publicly. Shortly after that, she filed a missing persons report which the LA police declared a closed case fairly quickly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast