+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Valerie Harper & Tristan MacManus - Season 17

Valerie Harper & Tristan MacManus - Season 17

Valerie Harper
    Season 17

Pro: Tristan MacManus

Valerie Harper is best known to audiences for her role as the beloved Rhoda Morgenstern on the classic TV sitcom The Mary Tyler Moore Show and its subsequent spin-off Rhoda. The popularity of the show was enormous and the episode of Rhoda’s wedding set ratings records (52 million viewers). For playing the character of Rhoda, Harper won a total of four Emmy Awards and a Golden Globe.

Harper’s extensive television career includes the self titled sitcom, Valerie and more recently guest roles on hit shows such as Desperate Housewives, Sex and The City, That 70’s Show, Touched by an Angel and Hot in Cleveland. Notable film credits include Blame It On Rio, Freebie and The Bean, Chapter Two and The Last Married Couple In America. In 2010, Harper was seen on Broadway in Looped and received a Tony Award nomination for her portrayal of legendary actress Tallulah Bankhead. In January 2013, Harper published her memoir I Rhoda.

Meet the Season 17 Cast - ABC.com

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Re: Valerie Harper & Tristan MacManus - Season 17

I like that they paired her with Tristan.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    I like that they paired her with Tristan.
    At first glance, she looks a little like Dorothy Hamil with Tristin. I hope she has the stamina and can do this. I just wish her all of God's best through this experience.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Love Tris AND Valerie, and I'm in Valerie's corner, pulling for her!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Who is John Galt?

One of my favorite comedic actresses. I loved her in The Mary Tyler Moore Show and every time she makes an appearance. I hope she can keep up with the pace, which will be pretty draining on her. But, what does she have to lose? She can be on the show and enjoy herself or sit around waiting to die. Good for her!
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

Didn't she just reveal she has a brain tumor and only months to live in People magazine earlier in the year?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Didn't she just reveal she has a brain tumor and only months to live in People magazine earlier in the year?
    Yes, the doctors have said she is in remission, for how long - nobody knows.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I wish the best for her, but I'm a bit disappointed that Tristan got another older partner and has no chance at winning again.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I wish the best for her, but I'm a bit disappointed that Tristan got another older partner and has no chance at winning again.
    Several of the pros are not dancing, and some of them have not danced for a couple or 3 seasons. Tristan seems to end up with older or contestants who need a comforting type personality which Tristan definitely has. I am beginning to wonder if perhaps this is the way that Tristan gets to dance each season... in other words, it may be indirectly or diplomatically (delicately?) put to him in some way that he partners this particular person in order to pro dance the season. Look at the other pros who aren't dancing and haven't for a while. It makes a llittle sense to me and explains maybe why Tristan always gets certain kinds of contestants.

It might also explain why Tony used to frequently get the kind of contestants he got, even the ones that might not have requested him.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Valerie is NOT quite in remission. She will need to rest Tuesdays and part of Wednesdays every week since the medication she must take makes her feel unwell. I'm really disappointed that DWTS were so desperate to cast Valerie. This is not a great situation, she could turn for the worse anytime and we get to be anxious every week. That's not entertainment. That's a morbid ratings grab. Valerie could have been a featured guest, and dance, but a whole competition is not good. Fighting cancer is such a climb that small victories are important, but they don't lend themselves to a popularity contest for an entire season.

As for Tristan getting the older woman, that's really really unfair to him. Just because he has an easy going personality and not the pompous self absorbed win at all costs bratt Derek is, doesn't make it right for him to never get a contender. By never getting a contender, he'll never be able to really expand and show what he is capable of as a choreographer. They did this to Tony for years because of his personality. I say all the pros have to suck it up and get someone who obviously won't make it past top 6 at least once.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 09-06-2013 at 01:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast