+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Valerie Harper & Tristan MacManus - Season 17

Re: Valerie Harper & Tristan MacManus - Season 17

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Do you mean American football or do you mean soccer? Because he's Irish, I would think the latter, but I'd like know for sure. Thanks, Fanny Mare.

Hi Florimel- It's soccer, he called it football in an interview.
    Florimel likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Valerie and Tristan have Rumba next. It will be better for her not to be dancing out of hold too much as she loses her centre.

Valerie said her knees were really hurting. She also takes medication right after the show. I think she left at the right time- her hubby was applauding so hard, I bet he is proud of her
    jucamer likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Although sad to see Valerie go I think it was getting harder for her to perform. What an inspiration to all and "Rhoda" thank you for all the laughs you gave me over the years.
    ilja and jucamer like this.

During her rehearsal time, I thought I heard her say something like, "There was bad news, but I'm not ready to leave." If I heard correctly, I wonder if it meant that her remission is fading. Did anyone else hear that?

I'm so glad she had the chance to do this show and to demonstrate what a special person she is in addition to be a talented actress. My admiration for her has grown exponentially.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

No, she was talking about the initial diagnosis and how she has been fighting it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The only reason I was sad to see Valerie go is that means there is no more Tristan (again *sigh*)

Nothing against Valerie but IMHO she was in no shape to come on a show like this. She barely moved, forgot the majority of the choreography and she looked like she was in pain for a lot of the time. It was painful for me to watch her struggle. Kudo's to her and her fight with cancer, but millions of people are fighting the same battle.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    No, she was talking about the initial diagnosis and how she has been fighting it.
    So she hasn't had anymore bad news. That's good to know. I will remember the season, because of her. Her hubby was cheering her on , each and every week.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    The only reason I was sad to see Valerie go is that means there is no more Tristan (again *sigh*)

Nothing against Valerie but IMHO she was in no shape to come on a show like this. She barely moved, forgot the majority of the choreography and she looked like she was in pain for a lot of the time. It was painful for me to watch her struggle.

Kudo's to her and her fight with cancer, but millions of people are fighting the same battle.
    Yes. My mother and aunt had terminal cancer and given an expiration date. The media didn't pick up on it though, no standing ovation either. Funny, that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Yes. My mother and aunt had terminal cancer and given an expiration date. The media didn't pick up on it though, no standing ovation either. Funny, that.
    My ex sister in law has it, but she was never on TV. She never played Rhoda, but she is doing well and we are applauding her in our own way.
    NCLurker, Shoepie and mesachick like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread