+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Valerie Harper & Tristan MacManus - Season 17

Re: Valerie Harper & Tristan MacManus - Season 17

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    My first response the Valerie's performance was, "She's 73?" Wow, she was very good! A good friend of mine, who loves loves loves to dance, let me know today that she has cancer. I shared Valerie's story and her desire to dance. They both are in my thoughts. Go Valerie!
    My thoughts, best wishes and prayers are with your friend, too, Cootie.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    My first response the Valerie's performance was, "She's 73?" Wow, she was very good! A good friend of mine, who loves loves loves to dance, let me know today that she has cancer. I shared Valerie's story and her desire to dance. They both are in my thoughts. Go Valerie!
    Through you, Cootie, Valerie is already accomplishing what she wanted to, and that was to tell/show others going through similar circumstances that you can keep on living, and doing what you love. All the best to you and your friend.
    Florimel, Shoepie and jucamer like this.

I caught most of the Meredith Vieira special about Valerie on NBC the other night -- very moving. She and her husband seem like a perfect match of opposites that attract. Here's a Today article with a couple of clips:

Exclusive: Valerie Harper says cancer conspiracy theories are 'beyond stupid' - TODAY.com
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I caught most of the Meredith Vieira special about Valerie on NBC the other night -- very moving. She and her husband seem like a perfect match of opposites that attract. Here's a Today article with a couple of clips:

Exclusive: Valerie Harper says cancer conspiracy theories are 'beyond stupid' - TODAY.com
    I really like her. I have to say he looks pretty worn - this must be so hard on them both..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Who is John Galt?

I stopped watching DWTS a couple of seasons ago because it just became tedious and I wasn't fond of most of the contestants. However, Valerie Harper has always been a favorite of mine and she has been a personal inspiration to me. I am currently struggling with a terrible disease - C. Diff Colitis. It takes a long long time to recover from and can recur. Although it is usually not fatal (if caught early), it is very hard on the body (some food can become an enemy) and keeps me tied to the house most of the time. I am recovering, but often get depressed and seeing Valerie on the show makes me feel if she can suck it up and get on with her life, regardless of her illness, then I can too. I am not too far behind her in age, but like she said, "What should I do - just wait to die. Why not just dance." Although I was paraphrasing in the quote, it went something like that.

As for Tristan - he is absolutely adorable. I am glad she got such a super sweetie pie for her partner.
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2 View Post
    I stopped watching DWTS a couple of seasons ago because it just became tedious and I wasn't fond of most of the contestants. However, Valerie Harper has always been a favorite of mine and she has been a personal inspiration to me. I am currently struggling with a terrible disease - C. Diff Colitis. It takes a long long time to recover from and can recur. Although it is usually not fatal (if caught early), it is very hard on the body (some food can become an enemy) and keeps me tied to the house most of the time. I am recovering, but often get depressed and seeing Valerie on the show makes me feel if she can suck it up and get on with her life, regardless of her illness, then I can too. I am not too far behind her in age, but like she said, "What should I do - just wait to die. Why not just dance." Although I was paraphrasing in the quote, it went something like that.

As for Tristan - he is absolutely adorable. I am glad she got such a super sweetie pie for her partner.
    I am so sorry to hear that aname2. I hope you are not in pain. I am so happy to hear Valerie is an inspiration for you though. I too am glad she has him as a partner, he is perfect for her.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I am sorry, aname, to hear you are having such a hard time. I hope you will soon be better and able to get out and about more often and easily. I also hope that you can be encouraged by Valerie and Jack who has MS and is facing it with so much courage as well. Warm thoughts and blessings are coming your way!
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Aname2 - wishing you fast healing. Valerie - you and Tristan give me hope and inspiration.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Who is John Galt?

Thanks to all of you for your best wishes. I plan to hang in there and let my body heal at its own pace. I am slowly getting better (month by month) and know it's just a matter of time before I am my old self again. Just a warning to everyone: Watch out for over prescription of antibiotics. That is how this nasty bacteria raised its ugly head (when my body's natural bacteria was killed off by the antibiotics). Also, it is fairly rare so doctors are pretty clueless about it and everybody reacts differently. I never knew it existed before I was diagnosed (except for warnings of side effects on those info sheets that come with the antibiotics - its down at the bottom and says it is a "rare" side effect). All I can say is BE CAREFUL!

Thanks to all of you for your best wishes. I plan to hang in there and let my body heal at its own pace. I am slowly getting better (month by month) and know it's just a matter of time before I am my old self again. Just a warning to everyone: Watch out for over prescription of antibiotics. That is how this nasty bacteria raised its ugly head (when my body's natural bacteria was killed off by the antibiotics). Also, it is fairly rare so doctors are pretty clueless about it and everybody reacts differently. I never knew it existed before I was diagnosed (except for warnings of side effects on those info sheets that come with the antibiotics - its down at the bottom and says it is a "rare" side effect). All I can say is BE CAREFUL!
    That's good to know. I take probiotics, rarely do I take an antibiotic. Be well, and I am glad you are watching the show with us
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread