+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Dancing with the Stars 17 - Premieres Mon. Sept 16th (News & Speculation)

Re: Dancing with the Stars 17 - Premieres Mon. Sept 16th (News & Speculation)

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I guess it depends with her. She definitely turned people off with Showgirls. But that was her attempt to move as far away from Jessie Spano as she could. I think she will be a very good dancer. I also think Saved by the Bell fans (like me) will give her a chance. The part I am interested to see is that she seems to have become a bit snobby, shall we say, in recent years. Maybe it is because of who she married. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I also believe she recently (like within the last 6 months) had a baby. IF so, and if the picture is accurate - she looks good (although I could have done without the plastic surgery, given her age)!
    She was pretty already, now she has a new face, I don't like her look. I guess we will see, no doubt she dance (even without a pole)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

You guys are going to make me google Elizabeth to see this new face, aren't you?

The good thing about her being a new mommy? Hopefully, we won't be subjected to Val and the producers shoving the Show Girls thing at us. I've also read that she regrets making that movie and has tried to distance herself from it. So, maybe she will be able to stick to her guns and not let them exploit that angle.

There will be plenty of exploiting going on with the three ready made sob stories anyways to the point where if they are not careful? They will turn people off.

Focus on the dancing, show, just focus on the dancing and you and I will get along just fine this season.
    EnglishCadbury likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Happened to catch the live cast reveal but wasn't even aware that most had already been spoiled. Shows how much I care about this show, eh?

Some interesting choices here with Bill Engvall, Bill Nye and Valerie Harper being the biggest surprises of all.

How in the world does Valerie go from basically a death sentence to DWTS? Wish I had even one half of her attitude and fortitude.

Still I don't understand why Tristan cannot be given a partner who was born in the same decade as himself? Why do his partners have to be at least 30 years older?

Love Bill Engvall! Here's your sign! Bill&TravisTritt-Here's Your Sign
    I just hope he's no Kenny Mayne or Master P type of dancer.

Bill Nye I hope the same for him, but if he swingdances maybe he's got some rhythm.

I guess Jack is another who I will probably like, hope he gets as much out of the experience as Kelly did.

Christina Milian? Ugh. At least I won't have to suffer through her attempts to "be social" on The Voice, so that's a plus!

Berkley, Snooki and Amber couldn't care less about any of them.

Even though I have a PVR I won't be recording this season, I'll just check out the videos online so I should be able to watch who I want in about 15 minutes each week. YAY!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I am not surprised that Elizabeth Berkley gets dissed before she even dances. The last time she was on stage dancing was 20 years ago. How anyone can deduce she's a snob is mind boggling. I heard her interviews and she's very sweet, has a self esteem program for teen girls. Corbin Bleu was the headliner on Macy's Stars of Dance in 2011, if that's not ringerdom than nothing is. Christina Milian is a hip hop dancer and singer, and Amber danced on Glee. These are RECENT examples of performances. As for appearing topless, let's ask Karina how last year's photoshoot for Playboy went.
    nanarama and MountainBreeze like this.

FORT Fogey

Junkiegirl thanks for that link to Bill. I only know 4 (now 5 ) of them. I like Lea and Valerie and know of Jack, and oh yeah, Snookie. Oh my.

I like the new format. Two shows a week was redundant. I also like the new voting. Valerie is going to get massive amounts of votes due to her brain tumor, for sure. With the judges having more power it ensures good dancers advance. How many weeks was Master T on? And if truth be known I watch this on DVR and in FF mode, a lot. I am fine however it goes. The contestants are there for exposure and really only want to stay as long as they can. I don't think they aim for bragging rights or a desire to win that tacky disco ball.

I think that's true that a lot of them don't feel the need to get the mirrorball, but at the same time I think the good dancers get very competitive and they do want to win for the bragging rights, and especially for their professional partner. A win for the pro can really boost their careers in terms of commanding more dollars for their choreography services, personal appearances or raising the profile of their dance studios.

I agree, if the judges are consistent, which is never the case, they should advance the stronger dancers, but I'm sure there will be the temptation to keep the ratings grabbers around, regardless of ability, so we'll see how the new format goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Junkiegirl thanks for that link to Bill. I only know 4 (now 5 ) of them. I like Lea and Valerie and know of Jack, and oh yeah, Snookie. Oh my.

I like the new format. Two shows a week was redundant. I also like the new voting. Valerie is going to get massive amounts of votes due to her brain tumor, for sure. With the judges having more power it ensures good dancers advance. How many weeks was Master T on? And if truth be known I watch this on DVR and in FF mode, a lot. I am fine however it goes. The contestants are there for exposure and really only want to stay as long as they can. I don't think they aim for bragging rights or a desire to win that tacky disco ball.
    I will vote for Valerie if she is good to watch, and she learns well .She wants to be treated as normal as the next person- so be it.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I will vote for Valerie if she is good to watch, and she learns well .She wants to be treated as normal as the next person- so be it.
    I totally agree. I have a hunch she will be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I totally agree. I have a hunch she will be pretty good.
    I hope so Shoepie Under the Tristan and Valerie thread I put a link , where some rag called her the cancer dancer, you should check that out my friend
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789