+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Dancing with the Stars 17 - Premieres Mon. Sept 16th (News & Speculation)

Re: Dancing with the Stars 17 - Fall 2013 (News & Speculation)

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Since the show is only on once a week now instead of having separate performance/results shows, the scoring/voting process has changed to something a little more complex:

Full details here: Dancing With The Stars - ABC.com
    Interesting.
    Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but it looks to me like the judges will now be able to control the ousters way more than before. If who they want to stay is about to go, 10-10-10. If someone they want to go is close, but not the one they want going, 4-4-4. They can also keep someone from being "in jeopardy" (We need Alex Trebek on this show )

Our votes now count for less than ever.
    karalott and jucamer like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    Every Disney star can sing and dance...and all have been considered trained in the past. Sabrina, Roshon, Zendaya, etc.

ETA: *Almost every..Kyle Massey I'm sure wasn't trained!

And Corbin hasn't done much since HSM...only downfall....but he def can dance! That's 100% true!

Christina Milian can dance too. Just throwing that out there...idk if she is trained though!

I like MW's final 4 call, unless someone else is a true suprise, which I always love when that happens! Watch Snooki really knows how to samba!

And I applaud Valerie for doing this! So brave and awesome!

And I'm glad ol' Tony got Leah!
    I don't know about that but I did watch a special on her on E! in the last few years, and she did cheerleading and poms in school - so the girl does have potential on that front.

I'm actually not disappointed with anyone in this cast. Even Snooki who used to drive me nuts has really toned it down since having a kid. She seems to have left the hard partying behind, which I'm sure helped with her weight loss. I'm willing to give her a chance.

My prediction is that the two worst dancers will be the Bills. I agree with whoever said upstream that Bill Engvall may have a pretty decent built in fan base. The Blue Collar Comedy Tour is very popular - and I personally think it is a toss up between him and Ron White as to which of the two of them is the funniest part of that tour! So my money is on Bill Nye the Science Guy going home first. But as my friend said, maybe he will incorporate some cool science experiment into his dance!!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    my money is on Bill Nye the Science Guy going home first. But as my friend said, maybe he will incorporate some cool science experiment into his dance!!
    He might be better off to use his science knowledge to do something to rig the voting!!
    Install a beacon that directs all calls going to the first four contestant phone numbers to his line so he gets the votes.

Since the show is only on once a week now instead of having separate performance/results shows, the scoring/voting process has changed to something a little more complex:

Hmm sounds a lot like SYTYCD! that didn't go over very well, but I wont miss the dragged out result show
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Thanks for the info! Doesn't make me want to vote this season, I'll say that... Takes some of the fun away when the judges/producers have that much power.

Re: Dancing with the Stars 17 - Premieres Mon. Sept 16th (News & Speculation)

Don't count the Science Guy out just yet. While searching for the list from work (because I couldn't get any sites with videos to load), I stumbled upon a few sites that were pretty excited about him. He's got a fan base. I think the one in most danger are the very two that the producers are predicting for the final two, Elizabeth and Christiana. I think the women voters (not here but the ones who are quick to vote-off women) are going to hate them and they will be quick to leave.

There are tons of ringers in this season, I said that up thread, but there are also ones with strong fan bases. It will be interesting to see what wins out in the end.

Oh and the athlete may be in danger of falling early due to the fanbases of the others.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Valerie Harper has ton of fans , friends and followers cheering her on. ( including me ) I have always loved her.
    jucamer likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

The cast gets worse and worse every season.

Snooki??????? Are they serious?

Elizabeth Berkeley? She a highly trained dancer with a serious ballet background. She danced professionally in Swan Lake on stage and she even hosted and helped judge a realty tv dance show a few years back. But at least she's not a reality show joke.

The ones I'm interested in watching at least to start: Valerie Harper (of course). Bill Engvall (he should be entertaining for as along as he stays around). Keyshawn Johnson (the nflers almost always try hard and are fun to watch). Bill Nye (he qualifies as a start to me with his 18 emmy awards and has accomplished a lot in trying to interested youngsters in science). I don't particularly like Leah Remini, but she does qualify as a star. Amber Riley also qualifies as a star. It will be interesting to see Derek paired with someone who carries a little extra weight although I'm sure she's learned some movement techniques during her time with Glee, a show I do not watch.

I'm saddened that we won't have Maks, Louis, Kym, or Chelsie as pros this season.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Elizabeth Berkeley? She a highly trained dancer with a serious ballet background. She danced professionally in Swan Lake on stage and she even hosted and helped judge a realty tv dance show a few years back. But at least she's not a reality show joke
    Not to mention( and they haven't) she appeared topless in a really really bad movie

Hilarious!
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Don't count the Science Guy out just yet. While searching for the list from work (because I couldn't get any sites with videos to load), I stumbled upon a few sites that were pretty excited about him. He's got a fan base. I think the one in most danger are the very two that the producers are predicting for the final two, Elizabeth and Christiana. I think the women voters (not here but the ones who are quick to vote-off women) are going to hate them and they will be quick to leave.

There are tons of ringers in this season, I said that up thread, but there are also ones with strong fan bases. It will be interesting to see what wins out in the end.

Oh and the athlete may be in danger of falling early due to the fanbases of the others.
    I guess it depends with her. She definitely turned people off with Showgirls. But that was her attempt to move as far away from Jessie Spano as she could. I think she will be a very good dancer. I also think Saved by the Bell fans (like me) will give her a chance. The part I am interested to see is that she seems to have become a bit snobby, shall we say, in recent years. Maybe it is because of who she married. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I also believe she recently (like within the last 6 months) had a baby. IF so, and if the picture is accurate - she looks good (although I could have done without the plastic surgery, given her age)!

+ Reply to Thread