+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Dancing with the Stars 17 - Premieres Mon. Sept 16th (News & Speculation)

Re: Dancing with the Stars 17 - Fall 2013 (News & Speculation)

LOL well the news sites have already latched onto to Corbin and Elizabeth, calling them trained dancers and saying that they have an unfair advantage over the others.

I'm not sure because I think the popularity of Bill, Jack, Valerie and some of the others may trump their prior training.

Disney produces/owns this show, right? So maybe they wanted to finally get themselves a win by getting a trained dancer from one of their most popular shows? I don't know. I'm just feeling a bit cynical about these two, maybe.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    LOL well the news sites have already latched onto to Corbin and Elizabeth, calling them trained dancers and saying that they have an unfair advantage over the others.

I'm not sure because I think the popularity of Bill, Jack, Valerie and some of the others may trump their prior training.

Disney produces/owns this show, right? So maybe they wanted to finally get themselves a win by getting a trained dancer from one of their most popular shows? I don't know. I'm just feeling a bit cynical about these two, maybe.
    Berkley is with Val so it wont matter, if she was with Derek it would the worst thing to ever happen .I love her new face
    The judges are the same - they held out for more money, damn!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Every Disney star can sing and dance...and all have been considered trained in the past. Sabrina, Roshon, Zendaya, etc.

ETA: *Almost every..Kyle Massey I'm sure wasn't trained!

And Corbin hasn't done much since HSM...only downfall....but he def can dance! That's 100% true!

Christina Milian can dance too. Just throwing that out there...idk if she is trained though!

I like MW's final 4 call, unless someone else is a true suprise, which I always love when that happens! Watch Snooki really knows how to samba!

And I applaud Valerie for doing this! So brave and awesome!

And I'm glad ol' Tony got Leah!
    Last edited by KrazeeKy07; 09-04-2013 at 12:19 PM.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    Every Disney star can sing and dance...and all have been considered trained in the past. Sabrina, Roshon, Zendaya, etc.

ETA: *Almost every..Kyle Massey I'm sure wasn't trained!

And Corbin hasn't done much since HSM...only downfall....but he def can dance! That's 100% true!

Christina Milian can dance too. Just throwing that out there...idk if she is trained though!

I like MW's final 4 call, unless someone else is a true suprise, which I always love when that happens! Watch Snooki really knows how to samba!

And I applaud Valerie for doing this! So brave and awesome!

And I'm glad ol' Tony got Leah!
    I will have to google Corbin, I don't know him at all
    -Andy Rooney-

OK putting this out there so we don't get a bunch of ringer screams lol (even though I am annoyed at how trained some of these guys are, at least with so many of them? It levels things out).

Elizabeth - contemporary
    Valerie - Broadway (and something else, I forget but very trained)
    Corbin - hiphop
    Bill Nye - Swing dance (just social though and not formal training)
    Christiana - trained (not sure yet what kind)
    Amber - considered the best natural dancer on Glee AND she'd dedicating the season to Corey.

I'm sure we will unearth more with training.

The sob week is going to be EPIC this season, folks. Have your hankies ready.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I'm liking this cast, but I'm LOVING that Bill Engvall is one of the dancers.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Berkley is with Val so it wont matter, if she was with Derek it would the worst thing to ever happen .I love her new face
    The judges are the same - they held out for more money, damn!
    How so? Do you like Derek? I used to hate him but not so much since he's toned it down and seems to not copy the annoyance that is Mark B as much anymore.

I just read that him getting Amber is actually setting him up to win again. The odds are in favor of an Elizabeth/Christiana finale. However, I think Amber will be in there. She's got natural dance ability, musicality, and she's used to learning choreography quickly. Then, there is the whole Gleeks fanbase and Corey to factor in. She will be unstoppable and that is why she was given to Derek.

I actually like her but I would have liked her with somebody else. I feel dirty supporting somebody who is with Derek, lol.

I'm excited for this season, I sat out the last one because I didn't like anybody on the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    How so? Do you like Derek? I used to hate him but not so much since he's toned it down and seems to not copy the annoyance that is Mark B as much anymore.

I just read that him getting Amber is actually setting him up to win again. The odds are in favor of an Elizabeth/Christiana finale. However, I think Amber will be in there. She's got natural dance ability, musicality, and she's used to learning choreography quickly. Then, there is the whole Gleeks fanbase and Corey to factor in. She will be unstoppable and that is why she was given to Derek.

I actually like her but I would have liked her with somebody else. I feel dirty supporting somebody who is with Derek, lol.

I'm excited for this season, I sat out the last one because I didn't like anybody on the cast.
    I like Derek very much, I like Mark as well .
    -Andy Rooney-

I still hate Mark but I don't hate Derek as much. It was the mugging and honestly? I just started to get annoyed how they always got the best celebs who were almost guaranteed to win.

Now? I can admit that Derek is the most talented choreographer on this show. His routines are always leaps ahead of the others. I think I would be OK with Amber winning with him, it would feel "dirty" lol but I'd be fine with it.

It is always interesting to see how this all pans out. Sometimes we predict that somebody is a ringer and then find out that they can barely dance. Then other times? People just amaze us with natural ability.

I can't wait! LOL

That's true, remember how Andy grew each week last season?? that was pretty cool.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread