+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Dancing with the Stars 17 - Premieres Mon. Sept 16th (News & Speculation)

Re: DWTS Media Thread

I heard they wanted the tanning mom- again, why? Seth MacFarlane and John Stamos are rumored to be on it. There are a few names I have no clue who they are.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I heard they wanted the tanning mom- again, why?
    This is the kind of stunt casting I absolutely abhor. This woman isn't a "star", nor is she a public figure of any kind. She's just the recipient & cause for stupid sensational gossip. I don't want to see her on my TV.
    Same thing with Paula Deen. Back before the scandal, I wouldn't have minded her. But now she's just scandal fodder.
    Sex scandals, drug dependency scandals, spoiled self centered reality show idiots who think they're something they're not, people who open their big mouths & say shocking cruel things. These people are just the freak of the month (or year).

These are the kind of people who would keep me from watching, not bring me in. I don't want them getting any more attention or notoriety than they already have.

Now the Duck Dynasty bunch, they're fun & good people. I'd LOVE to see one of them.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think DWTS has finally hit the bottom of the barrell where casting is concerned, even though there are likeable and watchable celebs who want to do the show. For whatever reason, they don't get cast. And I'm not crazy with the producers saying they want to skew to the younger demo. They need to get over the fact that they will never come close to having the ratings they want in that stupid and overrated 18-49 demo.

Supposedly, Maks is also out this season again It sounds like troupe members Sasha and Emma are joining the ranks of pros (Emma was supposed to do Strictly Come Dancing, but they took another SYTYCD alumni). I think our British counterpart as the better idea on how to improve ratings. There ratings were going down, so they did some adjustments and have seen their ratings increase over the last few seasons. Us? The same old pros, same old judges, dances that no one knows how to do (but hey! Contemporary appeals to the younger group!), 10s for breaking the rules, horrible stunt casting, a two hour too long show, and a predictable outcome in the end.

FORT Fogey

Well the new people are starting to be leaked-----for far for the females, we have heard about a) the old b) the has- been and c) the overweight ....

Snooki
    Jack Osborne and Christina Milian- great so far
    -Andy Rooney-

WOW!!! Valerie Harper...what an inspiration

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    WOW!!! Valerie Harper...what an inspiration
    Yes. But with Tristan? Ugh. He will never get a break. I'm so bummed. PUT HER WITH DEREK!
    JavaJo and AlwaysVeg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom View Post
    Yes. But with Tristan? Ugh. He will never get a break. I'm so bummed. PUT HER WITH DEREK!
    I don't know - given her backstory she may be the one to pull for this time.

Other names I saw today (from TMZ) - Leah Remini, Elizabeth Berkley and Amber Riley.

Where did you see this? Anyone have a link?
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Where did you see this? Anyone have a link?
    I just googled it and the names came up.

Other names I saw today (from TMZ) - Leah Remini, Elizabeth Berkley and Amber Riley.
    I only know Berkeley from doing that awful thing- *Showgirls*- oh no she has danced before!! LOL
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread