+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: 5/21 DWTS 16 Finale Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/21 DWTS 16 Finale Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    There is actually a DWTS Fan store where you can purchase a mirror ball necklace ... and other items that celebrate some of the pros.
    I didn't know that! I thought you were joking at first
    Anyway, I went there and bought us alllllllllllllllllllll ugly MBT necklace's

The fat lady is singing so that ends this thread for me
    NCLurker likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I didn't know that! I thought you were joking at first
    Anyway, I went there and bought us alllllllllllllllllllll ugly MBT necklace's

The fat lady is singing so that ends this thread for me
    She's leaving too to go try-out for American Idol!

ETA: I would never EVER joke about something as important as the Mirror Ball Trophy!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I really don't understand how/why this whole season turned into an age/race thing. In all honesty I do feel 16 is too young and I also feel 80 is just too old to compete. Don't start the race card...sorry I am a mixed mutt myself so sorry I never saw race as a factor. I didn't watch this season because my feelings were that ABC was trying to re-tool this show to attract a younger audience & to be perfectly honest I did not know who 75% of the contestants on it were. Add to that I can not, under any circumstance, critique a child. This show/forum is all about doing just that.

That is why I made a desision to not watch this season. I chose to keep sort of informed solely though this thread. The ferocity in which certain posters defended or defamed certain contestants really had a negative affect on me & my future watching of this show entirely.

Last season I was firmly Team Shawn. I loved her samba which mist people hated. I was a huge Nicole fan & got bashed because she was a ringer & I did agree with that assesment but I enjoyed her dancing.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

The way I see it is that you (in general "you") like who you like, and if you vote, you vote for who you like or for whatever reason you come up with and apply to the situation.
    The person who wins the tacky trophy is not going to be running our country or helping to make laws; therefore, I don't feel like we have to stress too much over whether we are making the absolute most correct choice in whom we choose to support throughout the season. Goodness knows, we have to do enough of that during election times...

I don't know the names of the ballroom steps either. I just enjoy watching, and although I refuse to get too emotionally involved, I usually do not want to see a ringer win, I did pull for the middle-aged Donnie Osment to win, and the flag waving 3rd generation Marine family member that I am pulled for the disfigured Vet to win simply because he had a lot of heart, and I had a lot of heart for him. I actually thought that he danced pretty well, so maybe y'all shouldn't disillusion me!! I can't, though, imagine myself not voting or pulling for someone because he/she is too young.
    As I said, I figure everyone has a reason for pulling for and/or voting for who they support. I just think there are lots of different reasons, and the best dancer is only one of them. BTW, "best" is a judgment word anyway. "Best" in whose opinion?
    Need40winks and ilja like this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I missed the finale and just got to see it this week thanks to a much needed vacation. I'm happy for Kellie! I would have rather Zendaya or Aly won, but Kellie was deserving as well. I really thought Jacoby would win based on votes; glad I was wrong, but wish he had finished 4th. His freestyle was a distracting mess. Aly's was tough, but a little too strange for me. I liked Zendaya's, but it was also a little too much about people other than her and Val for my taste. I loved Kellie's; gorgeous.

All in all, I enjoyed this season more than most in recent memory. And I'm so glad Andy was in the cast. When he was announced, I was so aggravated and disgusted and wanted him gone week one. He totally changed my opinion of him in a great way. I hope and pray his life continues to go well.

Hopefully whatever changes made to the cast and format next season are positive ones, and we get some more great celebs.
    NCLurker likes this.

+ Reply to Thread