+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132 LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: 5/21 DWTS 16 Finale Show **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/21 DWTS 16 Finale Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I didn't even miss him
    When Maks is behaving pleasantly, and especially when Maks is dancing, he is an asset to the show. He doesn't have to dance shirtless or in leather - I think he has a sophiscated, debonaire air and manner about him with the elegant dances, and a masterful air with some of the Latin dances. It may have to do with his height and build, though.
    Therefore, I do miss Maks when he is not on the show.
    Nice'n'Easy likes this.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    When Maks is behaving pleasantly, and especially when Maks is dancing, he is an asset to the show. He doesn't have to dance shirtless or in leather - I think he has a sophiscated, debonaire air and manner about him with the elegant dances, and a masterful air with some of the Latin dances. It may have to do with his height and build, though.
    Therefore, I do miss Maks when he is not on the show.
    I know, he has fans. It's just like if Derek was gone. I would miss him, and not watch the show.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I know, he has fans. It's just like if Derek was gone. I would miss him, and not watch the show.
    I am not going overboard here. The whole show is not predicated around one dancer no matter how handsome, gifted or charismatic that person is. There is more to Dancing with the Stars than just one unique, exceptional person. I really like the show, and if I were going to quit watching, it would be over some of the things that sometimes irk me like some of the judging - occasionally - and those type things. I do miss Maks, I would really miss Tony because he is so nice, and Derek is so very gifted in choreography, but there is an entire cast of fantastic dancers who I enjoy watching!
    Florimel and ilja like this.

I am not going overboard here. The whole show is not predicated around one dancer no matter how handsome, gifted or charismatic that person is. There is more to Dancing with the Stars than just one unique, exceptional person. I really like the show, and if I were going to quit watching, it would be over some of the things that sometimes irk me like some of the judging - occasionally - and those type things. I do miss Maks, I would really miss Tony because he is so nice, and Derek is so very gifted in choreography, but there is an entire cast of fantastic dancers who I enjoy watching!
    Well others stopped watching because Maks wasn't on. I would likely do the same if Derek left. I don't enjoy the judges, and we all said numerous times the show needs an overhaul . I do enjoy Tristan, and might record it to see how he does. I like Gleb as well . I have no idea which direction this show will go next season, I feel like I need a break from it. If its good, it will still be on, if not, no real loss
    -Andy Rooney-

Maks is in my life via twitter lol season is not as interesting without Maks. Now if only I can get both Derek & spats to take a season off together. I will be in heaven.
    sunshine3331 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Maks is in my life via twitter lol season is not as interesting without Maks. Now if only I can get both Derek & spats to take a season off together. I will be in heaven.
    I think that might happen. For me it would be a delicious season without Maks and Val. Then I would be in heaven

I thought the show seemed friendlier without Maks, less tense.
    -Andy Rooney-

Well I wouldn't miss Brooke and I think a new band/orchestra wouldn't be bad.

I wouldn't miss Peta something about her rubs me wrong. and I just wasn't that crazy about Gleb.

I just feel that Maks, Derek, Tony and Mark ... and Cheryl, Anna, Kim and Karina are the mainstays of the pros.

Val & Tristan are great additions ... and troupe guy Henry is one I like.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Spatz leave? Doubt it. He's biding his time, waiting for all his pals to leave so he can (in his mind) be the alpha male pro. Which is something he will never be, no matter how hard he tries. And he tries really hard -- too hard.
    ness, MsDiva2007 and Nice'n'Easy like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

You see, I think "the characters", the ones that are pointed out by different posters as being irksome in some way or the other and as being a good elimination prospect for the show are what help to make the show what it is!

Not to be too rational or to make too much common sense here, but let's take a look at this...
    If we eliminate Derek, Maks, Val, Mark, the new dancer Gleb, Brooke, the judges, and the singers, what staple items of interest do we have left to really tear into with any kind of controversial discussion?
    One season the producers gave us a non-controversial celeb cast - no political characters, no one who acted out, no one with a particularly outrageous reputation. We didn't have anyone on the celeb cast to rail against, and the only thing left to discuss was the show's standard cast! If we eliminate them, we might end up with nothing!

You see, I think "the characters", the ones that are pointed out by different posters as being irksome in some way or the other and as being a good elimination prospect for the show are what help to make the show what it is!

Not to be too rational or to make too much common sense here, but let's take a look at this...
    If we eliminate Derek, Maks, Val, Mark, the new dancer Gleb, Brooke, the judges, and the singers, what staple items of interest do we have left to really tear into with any kind of controversial discussion?
    One season the producers gave us a non-controversial celeb cast - no political characters, no one who acted out, no one with a particularly outrageous reputation. We didn't have anyone on the celeb cast to rail against, and the only thing left to discuss was the shows standard cast! If we eliminate them, we might end up with nothing!
    I think at one time talk was mostly about the celebs, or so called stars .The stars in the past few seasons haven't been very exciting, so we talk about the judges etc.There are more comments about CA than anyone . that's why I am taking a break, and to please the FORT I am talking her with me. We are off to find some decent singers . If the show keeps theses judges, I honestly think we will end up with nothing anyway
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread