+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: 5/21 DWTS 16 Finale Show **West Coast Spoilers**

To the Point

Re: 5/21 DWTS 16 Finale Show **West Coast Spoilers**

That does surprise me that Kellie was winning the polls. I was happy with her win, but that still surprises me. Good to know.

While we were heavily favoring Zen, unbeknownst to us others were favoring Kellie.
    I never favored Zen even lightly ... so I kind of stayed away until the end.

I favored Kellie ... and I also favored Ali over Jacoby . Jacoby had two or three moves. Jumping over Karina & others ... or sliding under them and that knee thing he did in almost every dance. Ali really grew over the season and her height and squarish build were huge disadvantages.
    maude~flanders likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I never favored Zen even lightly ... so I kind of stayed away until the end.

I favored Kellie ... and I also favored Ali over Jacoby . Jacoby had two or three moves. Jumping over Karina & others ... or sliding under them and that knee thing he did in almost every dance. Ali really grew over the season and her height and squarish build were huge disadvantages.
    I didn't favor her either. Ali made me smile, because this show was good for her. Jacoby was okay, he had a wonderful body. He enjoyed himself, the F4 all enjoyed themselves, which, in the end is the main thing
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't think this was an overwhelmingly Zen-leaning group, but Zen's fans were much more vocal about what they liked about her. If you actually like Derek (like me), you learn to keep your head down and only speak when necessary, and that's true all over the internet, not just here.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I was quite surprised to hear people say that the boards or twitter were abuzz for zendaya winning because I have a twitter account and I watched the trends and hashtags and all I saw was love for Kellie. And, after her freestyle, twitter went wild for her. So, it wasn't a surprise to me. When we watched the finale, I told my husband that whomever got the votes for the encore dance would probably win, and it was true. The love for Kellie on Twitter was huge! People also loved Jacoby's spirit, and Allie's spunk, but Kellie seemed to have the hearts of the fans, and that is what won her the trophy. I didn't see much on Zendaya on Twitter. A little bit of good notes, but a lot of criticism about DWTS casting a 16 yr old. I hope they will stick to at least 18 and over from now on.

On the Donald Driver win, I remember that the polls showed that he was so far ahead in votes the entire season, that there was never a question on whether he would win. Maybe the judges were harder on him because they see the voting and wanted him to get up to the level that would justify his guaranteed win. I don't know sports, but whatever team he played for had a huge fan base that voted like crazy. Nobody else had a chance. I was wondering if that would happen this year with Jacoby, especially after the Super Bowl, but was relieved that it didn't. I think the results were as they should have been - except Allie should have been in 3rd place and Jacoby in 4th. (IMO)
    Need40winks likes this.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I don't think this was an overwhelmingly Zen-leaning group, but Zen's fans were much more vocal about what they liked about her. If you actually like Derek (like me), you learn to keep your head down and only speak when necessary, and that's true all over the internet, not just here.
    I hear ya!! I have rooted for Derek every season because I think he is talented and does amazing things with his celebrities. But, sometimes it is hard to say that without having to run for cover and duck.

But this season he became even better as a teacher. He learned to showcase his student more and really grew. When I saw Kellie on the first episode run upstairs and hug Brooke full-on with pure sweetness, I knew she was different. Brooke was surprised by it, and I think that Kellie's personality was a breath of fresh air to many of them.

Hey, if you love Derek, love Derek!! He may not be my favorite, but he is one heck of a dancer and choreographer!

Mark, as much as it pains me to say (kidding!), is also extremely talented...he just needs to tone himself down a bit, which I found he did once or twice this season.

It's always been to each his own with this show!

For instance, I'm not really a Maks fan (like him, don't love him) and I know most the posters here are!

I like and respect them all well enough, and I try my best to always give credit where credit is due for amazing dances...but my favorites are: Cheryl, Karina, Kym, Chelsie, Anna, Tristan, Val (per this season), and Tony(love/like moments...more love than like though )

I also think I'll like Gleb should he ever get a contender...if he gets one before Tristan though I'll be upset!! I'm ready to see everything he can bring to the table!!
    Last edited by KrazeeKy07; 05-28-2013 at 08:11 AM.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I hear ya!! I have rooted for Derek every season because I think he is talented and does amazing things with his celebrities. But, sometimes it is hard to say that without having to run for cover and duck.

But this season he became even better as a teacher. He learned to showcase his student more and really grew. When I saw Kellie on the first episode run upstairs and hug Brooke full-on with pure sweetness, I knew she was different. Brooke was surprised by it, and I think that Kellie's personality was a breath of fresh air to many of them.
    Well said, very well said- thank you.

I also think I'll like Gleb should he ever get a contender...if he gets one before Tristan though I'll be upset!! I'm ready to see everything he can bring to the table!!
    ICAM Tristan is one of my new faves, along with Gleb.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I was trying to generalize I believe, and I (too) well understand after so many seasons on the Bachelor board how folks can get terribly emotionally involved to the point that when that person doesn't win, it almost feels like a personal loss! Also, the human tendency is to look for the reasons why and maybe even to scout around and try to rational first that the vote wasn't legit and second there were other faulty factors involved, even to the point of blaming/accusing the competition. It is just hard all the way around, and I understand when you really get caught up in backing that person, you think that one is going to make it, and then he/she doesn't. I am compassionate enough, I hope, to understand for those Zen fans since in the past, I have done the same thing. ( sigh)
    The interesting thing to me ( gentle smile) is that I think Zen took it better than her fans did.....

That said, I am also well aware that there were Kellie fans, Jacoby fans, Ali fans, Sean fans ( big time Bachelor fans!), and even some of the others......

I was impressed with Mark this season. I think he handled himself well. I think he tried hard to showcase Ali and tone down the antics that aggrevated folks so much. He is not a Derek, but Mark too really is a talented young dancer. I do like him with more hair!
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Regular

Thanks for whoever mentioned the pure dwts website. I've ever seen that site before.
    Interesting about the polls for final votes. I never once thought Kellie's win was rigged, but I was a little surprised to see how far ahead she was in the polls.
    Also I found it curious that Aly was ahead of Jacoby in every poll. Granted it was only a slight lead, but still a lead in every poll. I think Aly over had more points throughout the season too. Wonder how she ended up in 4th and not 3rd.

+ Reply to Thread