+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: 5/21 DWTS 16 Finale Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/21 DWTS 16 Finale Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    So, if he goes overboard he is wrong and if he doesn't he is wrong The MacDonald's super sized freeestyle were a real let down, boring & crowed . UGH!

Kellie nearly quit the show before it started, her hubby talked her into it. I am so so so glad, I would have missed that fantastic , brilliant freestyle that just about everyone loved, unless they were eating sour grapes at the time

on Derek and Kellie you won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Fanny Mare;

ITA
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Just a thought (wasn't sure WHERE to put this, so I thought here'd be OK, maybe?) . . .

Val and Maks SERIOUSLY need to get their own reality show.

I'm sorry, I don't recall right this second WHICH poster it was that made the comparison, but the two of them are ABSOLUTELY The Smothers Brothers for the new millenium! They are funny as hell, what with their giving each other the business at the drop of a hat, and, no, it DOESN'T hurt that the both of them are drop-dead gorgeous and talented as all get-out, to boot!

Plus, I think it'd be a hoot to meet Mama, Papa, and whoever the rest of the Chmerkovskiy clan might be.

And I, for one, would LOVE to see Mama handling Maks and giving HIM what for about his "baby" bro, Val!

LOLOLOL!
    ilja and EnglishCadbury like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I didn't think Mark and Ali did a super-sized one. The others were too crowded & messy -and hid all their flaws
    That stripper pole, or "vertical bar" certainly was "supersized" to ungainly effect.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I didn't feel it was that great and I was not mad with the outcome. I truthfully did not like any of the freestyles. I am betting though if anyone other than Derek decided to non super size their dance cranky Len would have reared his ugly head.

The truth is the light and the light must shine!

Cranky pants does have a way of sucking all the air out of the room.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-26-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I thought that Mark and Allie's freestyle was very beautiful, and the judges said that it was incredibly difficult to synchronize that type of routine. It was fun to watch and was my second favorite after Kellie's dance. Jacoby's was a fun, party scene, but Zendaya's was pretty boring to me. I thought it was her worst dance. I guess she got second place because of her performances on the whole show, because based on that alone, there was no way she deserved it.
    I had to watch it a couple of times. It was a very difficult routine. I didn't appreciate it until I saw it again. Jacoby's was okay, I lost interest in his and Zendaya, as already stated it was all very busy.
    One thing I loved about Ally was what she gained from all this, she was never cocky- she never thought she had won this. I see she wants to put more dance into her floor routines, that's good!

I also have a new found respect for Andy, I hope he continues the path he is on. I heard him interviewed, he was thrilled with Kellie winning- the two of them became very close.
    maude~flanders likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Just a thought (wasn't sure WHERE to put this, so I thought here'd be OK, maybe?) . . .

I'm sorry, I don't recall right this second WHICH poster it was that made the comparison, but the two of them are ABSOLUTELY The Smothers Brothers for the new millenium! They are funny as hell, what with their giving each other the business at the drop of a hat, and, no, it DOESN'T hurt that the both of them are drop-dead gorgeous and talented as all get-out, to boot!

Plus, I think it'd be a hoot to meet Mama, Papa, and whoever the rest of the Chmerkovskiy clan might be.

And I, for one, would LOVE to see Mama handling Maks and giving HIM what for about his "baby" bro, Val!

LOLOLOL!
    It was I who originally posted calling them the Ukrainian version of the Smothers Brothers. Thanks for remembering, ness. I agree that their banter is so entertaining.
    ness likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

It has always been my opinion that no matter what they call it - including "Supersized" - the Freestyle meant that the couple was FREE do whatever they wanted to do in their routine which is why we saw hip hop appear for the first time on DWTS in one of the earlier seasons. With that in mind, Mark and Ali could do strength dancing on a pole by themselves, Jacoby and Karina could dance with street dancers from New Orleans, Zen and Val could show off what she had learned over the season while dancing with the kids, and Kellie and Derek could perform a simple, but emotionally intense lyrical routine.
    If indeed they were free to perform however and whatever they wished on their freestyles, then no the judges would not have chastised Derek and Kellie for failure to perform a "Supersized" Freestyle.

I, too, will note that the criticism aimed earlier in the season at Derek was that his performances were clouded by the smoke machines - viewers could not see the dancers' bodies and feet. Their freestyle had no props and no smoke, and still he was criticized.

Perhaps it is because if Kellie won, Derek also won, and if Derek won, it was his 4th time. Yes, it would have been nice for someone else to have had a chance, but then Kellie would not have won, and Kellie worked just as hard as all of the rest of them. Kellie won her trophy. I don't see where begrudging Derek is very helpful for Zen and Val.

I am sorry Zen could not have won as well. She was quite worthy. She is an excellent dancer, a beautiful girl, and she has a wonderful attiude and disposition. Her professional life is just starting. I see great things ahead for her.
    NCLurker likes this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I just want to add that Kellie didn't win on her first "talent show" either and look at her now. She's come a long way from being the "minx" that couldn't pronounce salmon and didn't know what calamari was ... however she is still absolutely adorable.

I think Zendaya's loss may be good for character building. She is remarkably well rounded for someone who seems to have had a privileged life. She too is memorable as a contestant on DWTS which introduced her to an adult audience .... and she's adorable too in her own way.
    Florimel likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Perhaps it is because if Kellie won, Derek also won, and if Derek won, it was his 4th time. Yes, it would have been nice for someone else to have had a chance, but then Kellie would not have won, and Kellie worked just as hard as all of the rest of them. Kellie won her trophy. I don't see where begrudging Derek is very helpful for Zen and Val.
    Derek calls it Kellies win. I thought they were great with one another when interviewed. Respectful, kind and they had fun!!
    Need40winks likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    It was I who originally posted calling them the Ukrainian version of the Smothers Brothers. Thanks for remembering, ness. I agree that their banter is so entertaining.
    Thanks SO much, Flo!

I was hoping that whoever owned that comparison would step up and take a bow! It was priceless, and SO dead on target!

Thanks for the comparison, AND the stepping up!

n
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post

LOLOLOL!
    Ya know I am not a fan of either of them( perhaps liking Val a tad more ) but if Honey Boo Boo can do a show, they could - I just don't find them funny or entertaining. I haven't seen Maks in anything since he left this season, so maybe he would take up that offer
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread