+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: 5/21 DWTS 16 Finale Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/21 DWTS 16 Finale Show **West Coast Spoilers**

I had no idea that Zen was part African American until I saw her parents either. I too think it does matter to some people, I would be naive if I did not think that even in 2013 race is a prevalent issue. I live it everyday. I do not think race played apart in this outcome but it does rear its ugly head. I mean if something so simple as being on a disney show is something to take umbrage with yeah race can to. I just think voting Hijinx is at play here.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Okay, folks, we've had enough with the talk about Zendaya's (or any other contestant's) race. From our FAQ: "3) No discussions of racism, sexism, ageism, or any other ism."

In other words, knock off the race talk and get back to discussing this show's the finale. Otherwise, we'll close down the forum until next season.
    maude~flanders and annettejt like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

To the Point

In my sincerest posting voice, Critical, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Thank you, Critical, for adding some sanity in to this thread. It has become ridiculous.

Congratulations to Kellie and Derek! They grew together in a beautiful way and I think that her sweetness made him a better man.

Quote Originally Posted by Maude~flanders View Post
    Thank you, Critical, for adding some sanity in to this thread. It has become ridiculous.

Congratulations to Kellie and Derek! They grew together in a beautiful way and I think that her sweetness made him a better man.
    They certainly did Maude and were deserving of their win.
    maude~flanders likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

**** BTW, Critical, you ROCK! ****

The move by Derek to do a stripped-down, no-frills freestyle that showcased Kellie's amazing physical abilities and Derek's choreography skills is what got them the win, I think.

Strategy. If Derek plays chess at all, I bet he's one HELL of a chess player.

Plus, Kellie could execute what Derek created, and he KNEW she'd be able to.

They went in a totally different direction from what might've been expected of them. Same as with Donald and Peta. Like DONALD said: "The LAST thing anybody'd be expecting ME to do would be a COUNTRY freestyle!" And Peta was smart enough to see the genius in what Donald said, and they ran with his idea.

And they blew up the ballroom, and won.

Just like Kellie and Derek.

Again: CONGRATULATIONS TO THEM!!!

Maybe future DWTS finalists should take note, huh?
    Last edited by ness; 05-23-2013 at 10:46 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Congratulations to Kellie and Derek! Their freestyle dance was the best I've seen of any season and I've watched most of the seasons of DWTS. So glad that Kelly won though all of the final 4 were amazing. I really enjoyed this season.

Wow, best season as far as who was supposed to go when. The only elimination I disagreed with was Aly going before Jacoby. Kellie and Derek's freestyle was absolutely fabulous. That won them the Mirror Ball. Congratulations to them both and for Kellie being such a great partner that Derek didn't once look like a douche this season when dealing with her.
    Florimel and maude~flanders like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    This doesn't surprise me one bit that it was the lowest rated finale ever. I watch The Voice and the fact that it was opposite DWTS and obviously a very popular show I expected that to be one of the reasons for less viewers. I watch DWTS from my DVR when it is convenient for me. Another thought is that with the voting problem I wonder if some people who were use to voting all season a certain way and were not able to vote that same way on performance night just figured they were not interested. Just a guess and who really knows.

I know all shows want to capture that key demographic and it seems to me that they don't care if people who are outside that age group watch or not. I can only speak for myself, but I have watched DWTS all seasons. When it first started I enjoyed it more and this season in particular they seemed to definitely gear to younger viewers. Again, for myself I am not part of the Twitter world and so anything they had involving Twitter I was not part of. Many of the Encore dances that were shown or even dances picked for the various contestants were Twitter based. I have nothing against Twitter for those that want to be part of it, but I am not interested and have no intention in joining something I have no interest in. I preferred it when the judges picked the Encore dances and seemed to spread the dances around so more people seemed to get a chance. I remember when Andy and Sharna performed that jazz routine and IMO was the dance I wanted to see as an Encore dance. Andy was not the best technical dancer, but I thought Sharna was so creative in what she was able to do with Andy and that dance in particular was one of my favorites from Andy. We at least finally got to see it again for the finale. Even Kellie who ended up winning didn't get an Encore until the very end of the season.

We now know that for next season they will only be on for one night and I am sure the reason is because the results show wasn't pulling in the ratings they were looking for. I thought they had to many fillers and was far too long. Not sure how eliminating it completely is going to work, but just a 1/2 hour show giving the results and maybe one guest performer would be plenty. Just speaking for myself, I liked it better when it was all ballroom dancing. I watch SYTYCD and I found this show was starting to be more like that. With some of these new dances the pro was not familiar with the dance, and so had the added burden of learning it themselves, and then be able to learn it well enough to teach their celeb. This was on top of the regular dances. They basically have four days to get ready for the next show, because there are a lot of other things that go into getting ready for that next show.

Another thing I liked better was when they had half doing one ballroom dance and the other half doing another. It was a lot easier for the average viewer to compare other dancers performing the same dance. The way it turned out you had to try and remember how one couple did such and such a dance in week whatever and compare the two from memory. Sometimes, if you were lucky you had at least one other couple doing the same dance. JMO, but enjoyed it more before they incorporated all the changes.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread