+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: 5/21 DWTS 16 Finale Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: 5/21 DWTS 16 Finale Show **West Coast Spoilers**

I think in Mel B's case it seemed as though Mel and Maks felt entitled to the trophy where Helio was like a puppy dog who was just thrilled to be there.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Gladys Knight was loved by the viewers. She just wasn't a good enough dancer to win by the time they got to multiple dances per show. I see no racial bias whatsoever on DWTS. I think if the Williams sisters competed and could dance, they would stand as good a chance as anyone for the win depending on the competition that season. I know if Derek Jeter did the show and could dance well enough, I'd vote for him in a minute, and I would not be surprised if he can dance or learn. It's a combination of personality, dance talent development, and pro partner with fan base playing a role.
    NCLurker likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by live4romance View Post
    Wow I'm shocked that Aly went before Jacoby.
    I had a feeling that might happen football players always get a lot of fan votes. But Jacoby was definitely more entertaining to watch throughout the season so i think he deserved to come in 3rd
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    You mean the Disney teen queen didn't win???? Miss Bunny has fainted. I didn't watch this season so I can't judge.
    I have nothing against Zen. By all accounts she is a delightful young lady. My issue is with ABC. If they continue to put younger & younger kids on this show trying to draw in a younger audience that will be a huge miscaculation on their part. Their core viewers are my age group, 40-to-dead. These younger viewers will stay around as long as their favorite is still competing then they will be gone. They won't be like us old biddies posting & facebooking while watching every Monday & Tuesday.
    I can not ever comment in a negative light where it concerns a child which clearly Zen is. 16 is just too young, for me at least.
    OMG, you mean with this birthday I crossed into the age bracket that ends with death!!??
    NCLurker, JunkieGirl and ilja like this.

You are not alone I think Kellie did have the best encore dance but you gotta look at the whole season and In my opinion Zendaya was the best dancer throughout the season plus i really wanted Val to win the trophy Derek has already won several times. But im still happy for Kellie.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Kudos to Kellie! I have watched their freestyle over and over on YouTube. It was and is simply amazing! I stopped watching a few years back, but this year drew me back in.

BRANDY was GREAT ! AND SHOULD HAVE MADE THE FINALS, I WILL NEVER BELIEVE THAT BRISTOL PALIN GOT MORE VOTES THAN HER I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT SHOW WAS DEF RIGGED THAT SEASON ! Yet i still watch it cause i love dancing !
    EnglishCadbury likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I just don't agree that there is a racial angle concerning black women. You have to look at the individuals separately, and also look at who they were competing against. It's a personality-driven competition, and among the upper-tier dancers in the finals, the biggest fanbase will triumph.

Niecy Nash, Gladys Knight, Macy Gray, Toni Braxton, Wendy Williams, and Vivica A. Fox weren't good enough dancers to find out how far their fanbases could carry them. (Niecy's and Gladys' fanbases actually took them further than they probably should have gone from a dancing standpoint)

Brandy was good, but had some negative PR from her stormy partnership with Maks. Lilí Kim was good but was competing against some of the best dancers the show had ever seen. Mya had the "ringer" stigma around her neck, and was up against Donny Osmond, someone so popular he made old people learn how to use the internet. (Someone else can fill in the blanks about why Helio beat Mel B., I wasn't as avid a viewer back then)

Every season is about who is up against who, because at some point, fans have to decide between people they like. Li'l Kim might have won in a different season; Brandy might have won with a different partner. I just don't see a formula or pattern when trying to break down the stars by race/gender.

LilKim missed the finals and who beat her out? Ty Murray, A bullrider with an aw shucks attitude, absolutely abysmal latin dancing and the outright declaration he'd never dance again after the show. Brandy missed the finals and was beat by a polarizing person, Bristol Pallin, the next time she graced the show she was sent packing quickly . The mind boggles at the rationalization people make for not allowing these women to make the finals.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I think in Mel B's case it seemed as though Mel and Maks felt entitled to the trophy where Helio was like a puppy dog who was just thrilled to be there.
    With respect, a little bit of revisionist history maybe? Helio was fun, but Mel B was a very good dancer who hit the bottom 2 very early in competiton and had to fight to get out of that inevitable early send off, so she went on to produce probably the best mambo and one of the most memorable Paso Dobles in the history of the show.

And of course everyone but the black woman was represented in the Season 15 All Star season. Rumor has it Mel B wanted to reprise her partnership with Maks based on the twitter conversations she had with Maks, but Kirstie Alley was keen to dance again and over ruled her.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 05-22-2013 at 07:55 PM.

For those who are disappointed because Val didn't win ... he came in 3rd last season ... came in 2nd this season ... so maybe he's in line to win next season.

Just by the way ... Val din't get old ladies with bunions either.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread