+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: 5/21 DWTS 16 Finale Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: 5/21 DWTS 16 Finale Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Thrilled for Kellie! Based on last night, she earned it!
    sunshine3331 likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    So my question would when did the online voting go down? I did vote online on Facebook using my iPad. Before the show went off in California. Does that mean my votes did not get counted? I voted for Jacoby. I figured he would not win I just happened to like him. I think he is a great guy. Who is to say he is not the one to suffer missing votes over the online voting snafu.
    I think what happened is that the voting page on ABC.com went down soon after the show ended, and ABC decided to redirect people straight to the Facebook voting page while it was down. But they never fixed it, and left it that way, making Facebook the only way to vote online.

Tom said that the votes cast on ABC.com weren't counted, so I assume that didn't include the Facebook votes.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    [re: Kelly]
    Also ... who was the older gentleman kind of crying in the audience last night when Kellie danced?
    That is her husband.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Based on the public's reaction to last night's freestyles, I don't think that Kellie's win will have any shadow around it. All day long, I have seen tons of tweets and posts everywhere about how much it touched people. So, she probably got a lot of votes from people who normally wouldn't have bothered, and those are the people who use phone lines. Plus, they say that the freestyle will win or lose the trophy for any contestant, and we have seen that happen. Her freestyle was in a class by itself last night. The other three were a whole different show. She fully deserved that trophy, and I'm happy for her. She is the sweetest, most humble lady! And, she came in with no dance experience. Well deserved!

I'm gutted for Zendaya and Val. Their final Instant Jive was top drawer jiving. I thought the relentless rigid on for a 16 year old to get off the show, even when a 17 year old won it just a few seasons ago was insufferable, but she soldiered on. She is my all time favorite celebrity because she was just so talented, and Val worked with her so well. Up until now she was not jaded by the machinations outside of her control. However, I was gearing up to be disappointed ever since the selections of the redemption dances.

I'm not convinced a major website goes down on the east coast for hours on end when it was needed the most. Nor that it was simply a "glitch". Moreover, it's well known that teens don't use Facebook, in fact they've turned to other social media like tumblr and twitter so they don't have to see their parents on line. Poll: Teens migrating to Twitter to avoid parents on Facbeook | abc7news.com
    So it was interesting to me that when you got online at the abc website to vote you were automatically defaulted to Facebook, the one social media tool that ABC knows teens avoid.

Facebook is used primarily by older adults, so those kids who made those emails for abc.com got shutdown real quick, and the international kids were shut out of the phone vote as well.

I also saw this analysis of the overnight trending of the Encore hashtag which had been recording the trending throughout the season and something's very fishy Topsy Free Analytics

I'd be more accepting if these things weren't such a "coincidence" however it's over and done with. All I know is I am glad we don't have to rely on network television, I'll be spending more time at HBO and AMC
    luvlady345 and MountainBreeze like this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    ...it's well known that teens don't use Facebook, in fact they've turned to other social media like tumblr and twitter so they don't have to see their parents on line. Poll: Teens migrating to Twitter to avoid parents on Facbeook | abc7news.com
    You make a interesting case! However, there is no compelling evidence that teens are even watching DWTS, let alone voting for contestants. The reality is they are more likely watching and voting for contestants on The Voice.
    NCLurker and Florimel like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FYI: The top 4 couples are currently flying cross-country, and will appear on Good Morning America in a few hours.

After that, Kellie & Derek will dance on Live with Kellie & Michael.

Photo by zendayamaree • Instagram

4 warriors I love very much.. #fam #pros #dwts @iamValC @Karina_Smirnoff @derekhough by Mark Ballas (MarkBallas) on Mobypicture

Photo by derekhough • Instagram
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I was rooting for Kellie at the beginning but Zen really won me over so was rooting for her to win. But I have to say that either win would have been good. Kellie and Zen are both excellent dancers. They both really improved in their dancing abilities throughout the season. And they both are humble exceptional people. They both deserved the win. I don't think we've seeen the last of Zen....she is going to go places big. I just pray she doesn't become another disney kid to adult....and make the mistakes that those before her have made.

That said, I do think Kellie won due to her freestyle. I have seen it 4 times and am still awed by it. I really think she could go on SYTYCD and give them long term dancers a run for their money.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    That is her husband.
    Her husband was crying, but there was another gentleman who was older who was also quite emotional. It wasn't her husband and I honestly didn't think it looked like her dad but it could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Her husband was crying, but there was another gentleman who was older who was also quite emotional. It wasn't her husband and I honestly didn't think it looked like her dad but it could have been.
    I saw him but I wasn't sure if that is her father or grandfather. Is he the same one they showed, during her reviews of the previous night, her telling him how happy she was that he was there.

+ Reply to Thread