+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: 5/20 DWTS 16 Final Four Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: 5/20 DWTS 16 Final Four Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

I cried watching Kellie/Derek's dance. I've now watched it three more times and I cry every time. It is so beautiful. The contractions and expansions done to perfection with the words of the song; such an honest interpretation.
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I have long been a critic of the special treatment Derek receives from this show and I still fee that way. That being said, however, for this week and last, his choreography and Kellie's execution of it have been spectacular. No gimmicks, no rule-breaking, just dance done well. The quickstep was outstanding and their freestyle was just breathtaking. The other freestyles were good, although I didn't care for Jacoby's, but all of them paled by comparison. I must give praise where praise is due. Beautiful dance can often bring tears to my eyes and that freestyle did.
    Midol likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Regular

Thats too bad about the voting. It'll be interesting to see how the handle it. I live on the east coast and got my internet votes from one email address in, but when I tried to do the second email address the voting wasn't working. My roommate let me use her phone to call in votes though so I felt like that made up from my loss of 5 from the website.

Kellie and Dereks freestyle! AMAZING!!!!

While Aly is my favorite and I always give all my votes to her, I think the final outcome should be 1. Kellie 2. Zendaya 3. Aly 4. Jacoby

I honestly don't care who wins. I want Z or Kellie, but Aly and Jacoby have worked just as hard, so I take nothing away from them either. I may feel like its a tad of an upset if one of them do, but I'm not going to get depressed or anything. Lawd, if I threw a fit every time someone I didn't want to win won, wheeeewwww...I'd have quit watching this show when Helio upset (I use upset loosely, since she did forget her freestyle!) Mel B! Season 4, right?!

It's all in good fun and everyone has tried their best!

Good luck to the final 4 tonight!!! I probably won't watch til the last 5 minutes!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Have they ever really explained just how the judges votes and public votes weigh out?
    I believe there is information out there explaining how it all weighs out and how they divide different percentages. I know I saw it ... so perhaps you can search it or someone else here will have it bookmarked.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

For anyone still wondering according to the abc website these are the rules regarding voting and final outcome. On the Dancing with the Stars Results Show, the couple with the lowest combined score from judges and viewer votes will be eliminated from the competition. The scoring is divided evenly between the judges and the viewers at home, ensuring unpredictable outcomes at the end of every show. When the final two couples remain, the ultimate dance-off will determine who wins the trophy. They still say that abc.com was a valid method for voting, but as we all know that didn't work so I will be curious what they say tonight on how everything will be handled.

Also read that all votes that people were able to get through while the site was still working will NOT be counted since the data is gone. I guess the only votes that will count are the Facebook ones and the telephone votes that did get through. Still saw comments by people saying their Facebook account did not work and the already mentioned telephone problems of others.

I just think that whoever they want to win will win and I am going to join others who have already stopped voting. I did it for years because I questioned another season where my friends and myself who happened to be voting for the same person were only allowed to vote the same amount of times and were then told we had reached our maximum limit. It was several votes lower than the maximum. I just started voting again last season and this season. Going back to not voting and just enjoying everyone's performance is my plan. In my eyes they are all winners because they came on this show trying to do something outside of their comfort zone. Some lasted longer than others, but it doesn't make any of them lesser in my eyes. Good job to each and every one of them. jmho

FORT Regular

Kellie and Derek's dance was the most beautiful thing I've seen on this show. It was just so peaceful and beautiful. Watching this team has been a joy!!
    Baby's Breath likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I haven't watched this season so I can only base my opinion on last night's show. Based on last night, Kelly Pickler deserves the mirror ball according to any criteria you choose to apply.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I haven't watched this season so I can only base my opinion on last night's show. Based on last night, Kelly Pickler deserves the mirror ball according to any criteria you choose to apply.
    She's probably got it since the web voting was down.

I have been watching all season and I'm definitely for Zendaya. I do like Derek and don't mind him winning when he deserves it.
    KrazeeKy07 likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I have long been a critic of the special treatment Derek receives from this show and I still fee that way. That being said, however, for this week and last, his choreography and Kellie's execution of it have been spectacular. No gimmicks, no rule-breaking, just dance done well. The quickstep was outstanding and their freestyle was just breathtaking. The other freestyles were good, although I didn't care for Jacoby's, but all of them paled by comparison. I must give praise where praise is due. Beautiful dance can often bring tears to my eyes and that freestyle did.
    I have been quite vocal in the past about (1) The fact that Derek has yet to receive a really poor dancer and/or progress; that is, Derek in my opinion is still untested as a master teacher because he has yet to have what the board calls unkindly but probably affectionately "a clunker" (2) Derek has in the past displayed a poor attitutude ( sometimes cockiness and arrogance about following the rules), and (3) last but not least, I had said unequivocably that in my opinion Derek is an immensely talented, creative choreographer and a fabulous dancer.

All of that said, this year Derek seems for whatever reason to have turned over a new leaf. His attitude is much more humble and acceptable, and yet Len ripped him what I thought was absolutely ridiculous in an angry rant and tirade resulting in a 7 based soley it seemed to me on Len's opinion. Derek never reacted, and Len ended up looking petulant and poorly.

Derek still hasn't taken a poor student anywhere because he has yet to be assigned one, but that isn't Derek's fault. The assignments are made by the producers. However, after that treatment he received from Len, I don't think I can call Derek "the golden boy" anymore.

If.....if Kelly wins, Derek does win for the 4th time, but it is Kelly's win - not really Derek's win. He created the choreographies, but Kelly had to do the dancing, and she had to come up with the fans and the votes.

On the other hand, Zen has been very popular too. Going into last night, it was between all 4 of them. Now, I think it is between Zen and Kelly. Zen won the Cha-Cha and the Samba. Kelly won the Quick Step and the Free Style in my opinion.
    Who will win?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

+ Reply to Thread