+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: 5/20 DWTS 16 Final Four Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/20 DWTS 16 Final Four Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't see any difference, but I am huge Derek fan, and love his work ethic, I would love to be his student
    Me, too.

No, I DON'T appreciate the "Teacher's Pet" angle, the overuse of the fog machine, etc.

But I don't think anybody in their right mind can deny the guy's genuine talent. He's been able to MORE than back up that "I'm deadly on the dance floor!" statement that he made in his very first intro clip for DWTS. Also, his ability to be able to understand that with his different partners he has to work differently, and thus always seems to be able to get the absolute best out of them that he can get has always been apparent to me. He also understands that his partner is the one that matters.

Sure, I remember him showing his ass on at least one occasion, but then again, I think that's called being human. Plus, the very next show, he DID apologize in front of God and everybody for losing his temper and going off like he did. Also, I recall him royally pissing a couple of his partners off during their seasons, but being able to work with them and move past that.

I have to honestly say, though, that I'd REALLY like to see him work his magic at least ONE season with a partner that'd be an absolute hopeless case on the dance floor.

Mark?

Frankly, I've always got to wonder about HIM what it must be like to be a friend and brother to somebody like Derek, who CLEARLY outshines him in their chosen, mutual profession. Add to that the fact that Derek actually lived under his roof for a few years, under the wings of HIS parents, who taught him, Derek AND Julianne. And now, it's plain to see that while Mark is GOOD, he's definitely no Derek, and never WILL be.

I've always wondered if --- besides the need to draw attention away from somebody like, say, Kim Kardashian --- the continuing use of the spats when they don't really seem to fit in with the costuming style of a particular dance, the overdancing, the mugging, the putting on of a BIG "show" when one of his partners (Katherine) got injured during a routine are his desperate ways, possibly without him even being actively conscious of it, of trying to show that he's JUST as good as Derek. That HE'S the flip side of Derek's particular coin, if you will. That while Derek is the golden-haired Golden Boy of the Ballroom, then HE'S the dark, Cellblock D-hairdo-and-tat-sleeve-wearing Ballroom Bad Boy Wannabe?

I dunno.

Sorry.

Didn't mean to threadjack or offend.

I just turned my mind loose for a minute (or twenty), I guess.

And I, too, think it's going to be a right-down-to-the-wire call between Z and Kellie for first place.

As it SHOULD be.

And yes, I DO hope Jacoby takes third spot over Aly, too. I like Aly, but I HAVE enjoyed Jacoby and his dancing more over the course of the entire season. I've loved experiencing him as a person and entertainer, his growth on the dance floor, and his partnership with Karina.

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 05-21-2013 at 12:52 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I only saw two clips of the show Kellie's freestyle and that bit where Len was coaching Jacoby.

"Len: Kick the peanut" Tom: And Ingo's son is wondering "what did I do?" LOL A few tears were shed during Kellie's dance. Weird, dancing doesn't ever make me cry.

Gooooooooooooo Kellie!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Well, I finally caught up on all the free styles. Kellie and Derek were the best IMO...by far! I don't know if I'm just becoming old and crotchetty like Len, but, while the rest all had their own merits, I was somewhat disappointed. I don't know if the freestyles in years past were better or if I'm just remembering them that way. Maybe it is just this super size thing that is making the dances less memorable? I feel as if they are concentrating so much on all the extra stuff that they are losing out on the dance aspect...Derek and Kellie proved that to me tonight. Simpler is better.

Wow- that was incredible If anyone else takes the MBT- no matter after that dance. I don't even mind having the obvious in the pimp spot. Less is more- I didn't care for any other of the super-sized dances, way way too many kids.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 05-21-2013 at 01:07 AM.
    Need40winks likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

well this sucks, I can't vote through facebook >_<, why is their site down of all nights?

Hmm, yes, I have to agree, I actually like Derek this season xD, I'm not the biggest fan of his, but, yeah, I enjoyed his partnership with Kellie this year and his dances. So, I wouldn't be too surprised if they ended up winning the entire thing tommorow.
    Last edited by Daisoo; 05-21-2013 at 01:05 AM.

I ran into the ABC problem earlier this evening when looking at another show site. It froze on me...I mean it froze my computer so I had to perform the dreaded CTL ALT DEL. I haven't checked but I hope everyone can vote. Didn't Tom mention early in the show about voting (text?) being open until 11 AM tomorrow?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Wonder if there're gonna be any formal disclaimers/statements from Tom tomorrow about the the ABC site conveniently blowing up right before (or around the time) voting for the finals started being an "act of God", a "coincidence", nothing TPTB had ANYTHING to do with, or whatever?

Wouldn't really surprise me in the least if that happened.

Or NOT.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I never phone or text vote, and when I went to ABC.com it redirected to their Facebook page with all its scary HERE'S WHAT YOU WILL SHARE WITH US message before you can vote. So, no votes from me.

Congrats on tainting the results, ABC. We'll never know who actually would have won with open voting. At least re-open the phone/text lines in all time zones for a while!
    So true. It is 3:00 am on the east coast and it is still down. I just read on the abc message boards that the west coast couldn't even get their phone votes in. What I would like to know is why is the message board working and the voting part is not? People are pretty furious because many don't have Facebook and it's not like you can sign up for it last minute. Some who have Facebook said they couldn't even get that to work. Such a shame that this happened and so far I haven't seen any apology from ABC. So unfair to all the contestants. No matter who wins people are always going to wonder.

In lieu of what happened in Oklahoma it doesn't mean a thing. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by the tragedy.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 05-21-2013 at 03:15 AM.
    Midol likes this.

FORT Fogey

This is a huge mess. I wonder how they will handle this. Certainly the results will not be a true representation. Who is going to allow FB/ABC to access your FB information!? And this nonsense about only being able to text if you have ATT is nuts, as well. Other shows do this, too. Allow everyone to text for cryin' out loud and stop being greedy.
    Midol and Jaceegirl like this.

It all comes down to money. AT&T gives the show money to be the exclusive carrier for calls/texts. ABC can't make money off people voting at their own website, but they can make money off people voting on their FB page. I think "the website went down" is a huge lie. Expect this to be the only way to vote next season.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    It all comes down to money. AT&T gives the show money to be the exclusive carrier for calls/texts. ABC can't make money off people voting at their own website, but they can make money off people voting on their FB page. I think "the website went down" is a huge lie. Expect this to be the only way to vote next season.
    Yes, I know ATT is a sponsor and source of revenue, thus the greedy comment. That said, I get it that this is a business.

Interesting point about their site "going down."

+ Reply to Thread