+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: 5/14 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/14 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Yes, the mirrorball is silly. The pay to be on the show is pretty good, but it's the publicity that happens after the win that's the biggest get. So in the grand scheme of things winning this particular trophy isn't all that, but it's the national exposure these celebrities get which becomes the pay-off. The longer you last, the grander the Q rating which translates into a big upswing in endorsements and performance offers.
    ilja likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    LOL What a shocker - not. How predicable has this season been.

Jacoby, Kellie have both been in the pretend jeopardy, why not share that position

Bye Bye Ingo
    I logged backed in to say basically the same thing. Except for Len showing out, this season has been fairly predicatable with people staying a little longer earlier on than we initially think and then falling like dominos from then on neatly one right after the other. They have taken turns being in the bottom 2 - fake or otherwise - with Kelly in last week after Len blew his cork and gave her a 7. Zen had not yet taken a turn in the bottom 2, and she had (for her) a bit of a poor showing on one routine with an ensuing not so favorable critique; therefore, in DWTS' producing logic, predictably it was Zen's time to be in the bottom 2.

What I think might have actually happened is that with the judges' scores so close together, it is possible that the fans' votes were also close together as well. I think Ingo most probably did have the lowest combined number - but maybe by not even that much!

After Monday night, I am not sure there is a really clear front runner at this point. They just may be running in a close pack. It is hard to tell, and I can't remember this happening since Season 8 with Gilles, Melissa, and Shawn, and I can't remember who was in the 4th spot. However, those 3 were running pretty close together depending on which board you were on or to whom you were speaking.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fogey

Ty Murray was 4th, Lil Kim 5th in Season 8

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I'll jump off my soap box, but just want to add one more thing. It is at sixteen, seventeen, and eighteen that kids start getting their college applications rejected, or they don't make the team of their choice in high school, or they run for student government and lose. It's all the same thing and most of those are a bit more important than a silly mirror ball trophy. Every one of them who makes it far on this show works hard and wants it just as badly as the others.
    so true... my son is a junior in high school and just tried out today again for Drum major. probably won't won't get it
    but i give him props for Going for it again. I like all if the final four left on DWTS and they all have worked hard.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Ty Murray was 4th, Lil Kim 5th in Season 8
    Bless his heart, Ty could not dance, but he had a huge fan base in the rodeo crowd. Plus, he was such a sweetheart, and everyone wanted him to do well.

I remember thinking that Lil Kim had some personal shocking things about her that were readily known throughout the media, but I thought she was loaded with natural dance ability. While in retrospect I can not imagine her beating out those top 3, I still can't figure out how she actually went out at F5. I don't think it was her dance ability, so it must have been the fan vote.
    ness likes this.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

I logged backed in to say basically the same thing. Except for Len showing out, this season has been fairly predictable with people staying a little longer earlier on than we initially think and then falling like dominos from then on neatly one right after the other. They have taken turns being in the bottom 2 - fake or otherwise - with Kelly in last week after Len blew his cork and gave her a 7. Zen had not yet taken a turn in the bottom 2, and she had (for her) a bit of a poor showing on one routine with an ensuing not so favorable critique; therefore, in DWTS' producing logic, predictably it was Zen's time to be in the bottom 2.

What I think might have actually happened is that with the judges' scores so close together, it is possible that the fans' votes were also close together as well. I think Ingo most probably did have the lowest combined number - but maybe by not even that much!

I have said this before- they must think we are really dummies to believe this fake out stuff. It irks me to no end, we aren't children for goodness sake, and it cant make those in the fake bottom 2 feel very good, I don't care if you are 16 or 60!
    Meh- who cares anymore
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

This is the first time ever there are 4 in the finals.

Well here's my ranking:

4th Jacoby
    3rd Ali
    2nd Zendaya
    1st Kellie

Let's see if I change my mind next week.
    maude~flanders likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

Seems to me that exactly the right person went home each week, and this is the first season I can say that. I just hate the fake bottom 2 ... it's so obviously phony. Local news "show business buzz" segment tonight said that next season, there will be no Tuesday night results shows. It will be 2 hours on Monday nights only ... both competition and results.

See DWTS Media Thread for conversation about next season.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Well I got to see Kellie and Derek dance again- she really is good . I wish she wasn't so hard on herself
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread