+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: 5/13 DWTS 16 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 5/13 DWTS 16 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Carrie Ann is reminding me more and more of Paula Abdul, and that's kind of scary! Maybe they're on the same meds.
    NCLurker and ness like this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I agree with EnglishCadbury's analysis of the dances almost completely. I still don't like hip hop and never will, but I do agree that Val did a great job. I've watched him in professional ballroom contests and I hoped for years that he'd be joining Maks on this show.

I stopped voting years ago, but I'll be very surprised if the final four are not Kellie, Zendaya, Aly, and Jacoby. I suspect they decided on four finalists so they would have at least one male finalist. I don't recall any season where the final three were all of the same gender.

If only they would get rid of Carrie Ann who appears dumber and crazier with every show. She won't shut up for a minute. If she's not on meds, she should be. I think she's trying to shows the excitement that Mary Murphy shows on SYTYCD, but Mary knows what she's talking about and is clearly qualified to judge. Carrie Ann isn't qualified to judge the hokey-pokey.
    CA, even if she was qualified, drives me crazy. I have to mute her, she is that irritating. I don't know anyone that likes her, so why is she still there??
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I haven't catching up with this season, but why is that there is a somewhat 'agreement' that Aly is going to win? Are the judges pushing her to win or something?

IMO, I think if there is a surprise elimination I would expect it to be Aly and Mark. I really can't see them winning, nor Jacoby or Karina. I also can't see Zendaya and Val winning (although I would be very happy for them )

The only possible pairing that I can see winning is Kellie and Derek, my gut is telling me that xD

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    CA, even if she was qualified, drives me crazy. I have to mute her, she is that irritating. I don't know anyone that likes her, so why is she still there??
    AGREE!

I don't why CA is still there, she's so bias, if she 'sees' something that most people don't she points it out, but somehow she misses something that most people can see, and doesn't point it out. When she talks I just flip the channel.

Frankly the only two that I would be satisfied winning would be Kellie or Z. I am not a fan of Derek...no matter how good he is...but, she is a good dancer with beautiful lines, works hard, is improving weekly and has a nice personality. The same applies to Z. Either of them would be fine. Allie has done well but for the most part her dances don't do it for me. I enjoy Jacoby's dancing a lot more than hers so I would prefer him in the F3.

This season has really been a bust for me. There is nobody that I am rooting for ... contestant or pro. The dancing seems subpar for some reason even though Kellie and Z were standouts from the start. The judging has seemed more consistant ... with the exception of Derek and Kellie last week and last nights fiasco. However, they seem to be bickering way more and it's getting really old. I now PVR the show, start watching late and fast forward through the judges and Brooke and most of the intro packages. I read FORT as I catch up and am usually with you for the last 30 minutes or so. I PVR the results show as well. I follow on here and then watch it later. I pretty much FF through most of it, unless, people here talk about something that interests me. Thankfully, I read that next season they are doing away with the results show and will have the results by the end of Monday's show. Apparently how that will be managed has yet to be worked out. Hopefully, that will cut away a lot of the fluff and tighten/improve the show.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Random, off-the-top-of-the-head thoughts . . .

Aly as a person? Cool. She seems VERY nice and likeable. Aly as a DANCER?

Hell, no.

Not in THIS life, or any other.

ITA --- now that MFW pointed it out --- that what's always bothered me (without realizing it) about Aly is how muscular she is. And I absolutely agree with Coco, too that that's what's probably most likely thrown me off REALLY liking and appreciating her as a dancer. I mean, I truly don't want to see a dancing stick of dynamite, and frankly, with her build, etc., that's pretty much what it boils down to, with Aly, I think. NOT her fault, it just is what it is.

And frankly, I DON'T remember Shawn being that muscular when she was on. Could be wrong about that, but I'm not gonna look up any YouTube vids of her dances right now to confirm. I DO remember that Shawn didn't seem to --- like Coco said --- hit my eye wrong, like Aly does when she dances.

I HAVE, however, noticed that Spatz hasn't irritated me by seeming to overdance Aly as much as he usually does with most of his partners. If anybody else thinks differently, give a shout-out.

That Afro-Jazz routine?

Please.

No WAY did that deserve a 29.

Oh, and BTW, I thought those silver/gold/whatever flats she had on while doing the Rhumba were absolutely hideous. If I were Spatz, barring some sort of foot injury, I'd've INSISTED she wear heels. Bluntly, I have YET to have EVER seen ANYONE dance a Rhumba in flat sandals. And SILVER/GOLD/WHATEVER ones, at that. At the very least, I think she should've worn nude ones, so her feet didn't stand out so much, in SUCH a distracting manner.

If the shoes were Spatz' call in the first place (I mean, he HAD to've OK'd her wearing them to dance in, at least), then his spats have obviously cut off the circulation to his brain, at long last.

I'm so sorry, but when I saw the silhouette segment that Derek started out with in his AT with Kellie, I checked my brain at the door right then. These pros overuse gimmicks to sell their dances, at least sometimes, I think. I LIKED the silhouette dancing he did with Ricki at the beginning AND end of their "Psycho" number. But I'd been there, done that, and didn't need or want to see it again. Nothing personal or against Kellie. I just love her and think she'll at LEAST make F2. But --- just like with the fog machine --- looks to me like Derek needs to give at least SOME of his gimmicks, tricks, etc., a REST. Besides, he's such a talented dancer/choreographer, he really doesn't NEED to redo himself in various ways with each partner he dances with.

Oh, well . . .

At least I DID like the slam-down on the floor at the end!

The Flamenco? They could've kept it.

Z and V? That was one HELL of a QS! First, WHY a race car motif? Secondly, yep, I DID buy it (i.e., the DANCE) as a QS, but why in the name of God Almighty did they speed it up to where it looked like they were two blind rats trying to get the hell out of a burning house?

Well, everybody steps in it sooner, or later. And if Val was responsible for that theme and hyperspeed, then, bless his heart, much as I adore him, not ONLY did he step in it, but he smeared it around, too.

Oh, and the costuming? I GET that they were trying to channel a traditional QS feminine outfit by having those ridiculous-looking bellbottoms on the bottom of Z's pant legs. But as far as I'm concerned, either they were going to race cars, OR do a standard QS. RIGHT DOWN TO THE COSTUMING. If VAL was the one that suggested/OK'd those pant legs, he should hang his head in well-earned shame.

Yes, I DID love their Hip Hop, and Val did real well for himself by edging Z. GOOD FOR HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ingo and Kym?

I like and love them, both.

That said . . .

I could've cared less about their Samba. And while I thought their Charleston was cute, I didn't do cartwheels over it, either.

I think/hope Ingo's gone.

Jacoby and Karina?

First off, I'm REALLY glad she was OK to dance. OTOH, I kind of figured that Karina being Karina, pretty much nothing short of being pronounced dead in the ER at the hospital would've kept her from the ballroom floor.

And I loved Jacoby's comment about how nothing mattered, no MBT, NOTHING, but that Karina was OK.

I really DID love/like/enjoy BOTH of their dances. I DON'T think their AT warranted a 30, but then again, go figure. Their Lindy Hop? ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!! Karina? The girl's got some choreo chops, THAT'S for sure!

And Jacoby?

BOY, has he IMPROVED!!! I'm liking seeing the interaction between him and Karina, too.

More later, if I think of anything.
    Last edited by ness; 05-14-2013 at 05:39 PM.
    ilja likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Ness have to agree with you on pretty much everything. Specifically regarding Derek, I think, to me at least, he seems to have checked out mentally this year. Usually he has some very creative choreography going on, however, this season is just so so. Too much fog and now the silhouette again. He just seems tired and flat creatively. As for Val and Z's QS...I thought it was the music that threw if off so much. Horrid choice of song, but, nothing new there. The whole season has been ho hum for me.
    ness likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Season Three, your finalists were Emmitt Smith Mario Lopez and Joey Lawrence. And then the All-Star season of course, the finalists were Shawn, Melissa and Kelly

I loved the AT ness, it was far superior than the one he did with Ricki, but it was the red shadow thing again. The fog is too much, but that's who controls the fog machine, Derek even complained about it.. Talking of gimmicks though- horns with Jacoby and how long was that, they were not dancing???. Race cars, I thought Val didn't believe in all that

The hip hop was not as good as expected, she has been dancing that for 8 years, it looked like a solo ( side by side) like Aly and Mark, but nothing was said of course

It's been a ho hum season, very flat- the judges I FF because they all make me crazy. The scoring has been ridiculous, all season, but last night was really OTT

This show needs an overhaul- I think its lost me for good
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    CA is seriously stupid. They were not in sync. When my DH can see that they aren't in sync, they aren't in sync.
    Thank you! After the dance, I told my husband they weren't in sync. When CA said they were, I made him rewind and pause during the dance in a few places and you could see they were out of sync.

+ Reply to Thread