+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: 5/13 DWTS 16 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/13 DWTS 16 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

I do not like Aly and it has nothing to do with Spatz, although he is not my favorite either. She may be a good athlete, but not a good dancer and never will be. I will really be angry if she wins this contest, as there are more deserving contestants left. I agree that the scoring last night was all over the place. I kept wondering what the judges were smoking!!!!!
    NCLurker, luvlady345 and mandmmom2 like this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    I do not like Aly and it has nothing to do with Spatz, although he is not my favorite either. She may be a good athlete, but not a good dancer and never will be. I will really be angry if she wins this contest, as there are more deserving contestants left. I agree that the scoring last night was all over the place. I kept wondering what the judges were smoking!!!!!
    I don't see them winning. I like Aly, she has improved, but to the point of winning- no.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

As improved as Aly is, there is something that inhibits her from ease of movement in dance, IMO. This is so odd, considering her background in gymnastics. One would think she would have it naturally from all the training. Maybe the training has caused this seeming restraint.

It's as if there is something stiff in her core that prevents her from truly moving with the music. I wonder if it's her short leg length combined with a short torso. I can't help but think that if she had the long legs and torso, she would have it.

Z&V dances weren't as good last night as in past....up until now they've been good every week. I still think they deserve to be in the finals over all but Kellie....I like she is the one to loose this...
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    Z&V dances weren't as good last night as in past....up until now they've been good every week. I still think they deserve to be in the finals over all but Kellie....I like she is the one to loose this...
    Kellie was excellent last night - one of the best nights for her
    ilja likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Nevermind what I said upthread about Aly's height hindering her in her movement. I looked it up and Aly is 5'2'' and Kellie is only 5'1". I guess that's not necessarily true.

It's not so much Aly's height that's an obstacle (Mark's not that tall either) -- it's her rigid frame and musculature, which have been specifically developed for gymnastics. She'd never even worn high heels before coming on the show.
    ilja likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I agree that Aly is too muscular to achieve the dancing ease that Kellie exhibits. The fact that Kellie is very feminine makes her dancing much more appealing to the eye. Aly does not have this trait. Femininity is not required in gymnastics.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Kellie has beautiful extensions when she dances. But I really do see much more from Aly than we did when she was first on the show. For some reason I thought Kellie was taller than that, she is just a teeny gal
    NCLurker likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I agree with EnglishCadbury's analysis of the dances almost completely. I still don't like hip hop and never will, but I do agree that Val did a great job. I've watched him in professional ballroom contests and I hoped for years that he'd be joining Maks on this show.

I stopped voting years ago, but I'll be very surprised if the final four are not Kellie, Zendaya, Aly, and Jacoby. I suspect they decided on four finalists so they would have at least one male finalist. I don't recall any season where the final three were all of the same gender.

If only they would get rid of Carrie Ann who appears dumber and crazier with every show. She won't shut up for a minute. If she's not on meds, she should be. I think she's trying to shows the excitement that Mary Murphy shows on SYTYCD, but Mary knows what she's talking about and is clearly qualified to judge. Carrie Ann isn't qualified to judge the hokey-pokey.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread