+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: 5/13 DWTS 16 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/13 DWTS 16 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Here's to hoping the right four make it to next week: Jacoby, Z, Kellie, & Aly!

I give you props Ingo, but it's your time to go!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Am I the only one that thought Val did better than Zendaya?

I'm relieved they got a 30 but that still doesn't make up for their super-low earlier score. Come on Zen fans do whatever it is you do to vote.
    BTW and Midol like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

To the Point

ilja, I agree about Val being a tad better. There were certain nuances that I liked about his dancing a tad better. I enjoyed the dance and thought they both did really well, but there was something weird about that dance with that music that just felt disconnected, and I'm not sure why I felt that way.

Zandaya is really, really good! I haven't been a close watcher this season, but boy, she's impressive.

That may be why I didn't mind the tribal dance either - haven't gotten a feel for that team, but I thought it was definitely interesting.

Kellie is so cute, and is really good too! I like Aly, Ingo and Jacoby are fun to watch, so all in all, it's a good group they have left.

Brooke always sounds like such a "mom" - almost scolding some of the couples sometimes, and just being judgmental. She's so pretty and should understand their position more, but instead she's snippy to them which makes her less attractive.

ilja and NC, I have to agree.

Hip Hop may be Z's bailiwick, but Val edged her. Frankly, I put it down to his YEARS of dancing and professionalism, which, good as she is, DO outstrip hers.

He NAILED it!

And YES, Z was DEFINITELY in her ball park, TOO, of course!!!!

I LOVED that!
    ilja likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Thoughts on the Dances tonight

Kelly and Derek's Argentine Tango was a very stylized production and well done. The Flamenco was more about Derek than Kelly, unfortunately, I found that he did a lot of dancing to make up for her limitations.

Aly and Mark's Rumba was her best effort to date, now if she could relax a bit more and not show us that she's thinking all the way through...
    The Afro Jazz was interesting, very athletic, but I prefer Jazz with an Alvin Ailey feel to a couple of white dancers going tribal. And yes, you can have connections in Afro Jazz. Len had a good point.

Jacoby and Karina Argentine Tango - This was my favorite of the two Tangos. This one looked like what you would see in Argentina. Jacoby did a great job! And Karina, she's just a rag doll when he lifts her, holy. Lindy Hop was great, but I found myself thinking it was a lot like his Jazz- the Five Guys named Moe number he did early in the season, so it didn't seem as fresh.

Ingo and Kym's Samba What a great improvement on Ingo's attention to detail and his flow. I thought the 24 was a little underscored. I wasn't as crazy about the Charleston, I thought he was very mechanical but the theme was fun.

Zendaya and Val The good, great hold and posture, but it was just a bad Quickstep, going so fast there's no way you can remain in close body contact. I didn't like the concept, going 90 miles an hour isn't what Quickstep is supposed to be about. I was sort of hoping they would do a 40's style sort of Zendaya as a starlet like Dorthy Dandridge or Lena Horne, and then the contrast with today's Hip Hop would have been sort of cool. So I think this was their first clunker of the season. The scores were fair.

The Hip Hop was simply great. How fine is Val dancing?

Going to vote some more.

Wow just watched Kellie & Derek AT..wow! That -was- great and she can dance!!! 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We are all voting like crazy
    Baby's Breath and Debb70 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I really, really liked Aly and Mark's rhumba. That was so romantic.
    \

I really liked it as well. She has improved and grown during this competition. I am happy for her/them
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I loved, loved, loved Val and Zendaya's hip hop ... but I do love me some lyrical hip hop. So impressed with Val doing so well on his first time doing this dance!

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Thoughts on the Dances tonight

Kelly and Derek's Argentine Tango was a very stylized production and well done. The Flamenco was more about Derek than Kelly, unfortunately, I found that he did a lot of dancing to make up for her limitations.

Aly and Mark's Rumba was her best effort to date, now if she could relax a bit more and not show us that she's thinking all the way through...
    The Afro Jazz was interesting, very athletic, but I prefer Jazz with an Alvin Ailey feel to a couple of white dancers going tribal. And yes, you can have connections in Afro Jazz. Len had a good point.

Jacoby and Karina Argentine Tango - This was my favorite of the two Tangos. This one looked like what you would see in Argentina. Jacoby did a great job! And Karina, she's just a rag doll when he lifts her, holy. Lindy Hop was great, but I found myself thinking it was a lot like his Jazz- the Five Guys named Moe number he did early in the season, so it didn't seem as fresh.

Ingo and Kym's Samba What a great improvement on Ingo's attention to detail and his flow. I thought the 24 was a little underscored. I wasn't as crazy about the Charleston, I thought he was very mechanical but the theme was fun.

Zendaya and Val The good, great hold and posture, but it was just a bad Quickstep, going so fast there's no way you can remain in close body contact. I didn't like the concept, going 90 miles an hour isn't what Quickstep is supposed to be about. I was sort of hoping they would do a 40's style sort of Zendaya as a starlet like Dorthy Dandridge or Lena Horne, and then the contrast with today's Hip Hop would have been sort of cool. So I think this was their first clunker of the season. The scores were fair.

The Hip Hop was simply great. How fine is Val dancing?

Going to vote some more.
    I agree with your whole review of the dances. I really liked Kellie and Derek's AT. I don't know anything about the Flamenco, but your statement about Derek doing more of the dancing was exactly how I felt viewing it, but when you are not familiar with a dance I wasn't sure if I would have been correct saying it as I wasn't sure of the women's role in the dance.

Aly is definitely improving and I only wondered about her hip action being enough in the rumba. Again, know nothing about the afro jazz to be able to make a comment.

I loved Jacoby and Karina's AT. So agree about the way he lifts her just like a rag doll. He is such a big guy, but seems so gentle with her. I loved the Lindy Hop as well, but wondered if Karina spent more time with the AT and then because of her injury didn't get to spend as much time with this dance. He is such an entertainer IMO.

I agree with what you said regarding Ingo and Kym. Ingo always tries really hard and I really like him.

Zandaya and Val I was expecting their Quick Step to be very much like the one you preferred to see. Those are the type I prefer as well. I saw some comments on various sites where some people thought Val danced the hip hop as well as Zandaya - meant as a total complement to him by them and not putting Zanaya down at all.

Would love the finals to be Kellie/Zandaya/Aly/Jacoby. I think they would give us some wonderful dancing, but not sure about fan bases for Ingo and Jacoby. Ingo has General Hospital and they were strong last season with Kelly Monaco. Jacoby has the Ravens, and I know he really helped them regarding this year's Super Bowl, but he is at the beginning of his career where players like Donald Driver, Hines Ward and Emmitt Smith were at the end and extremely popular players even if you were not a fan of the teams they played for. They were household names if you came from a family who followed football. I think Kellie/Zandaya and Aly will make it without a doubt. Guess we will know tomorrow night.

+ Reply to Thread