+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: 5/07 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/07 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I may have missed a bit of the show, but did Len say anything about his behavior? I did see some of it reviewed----you have to love how smoothly Tom carried on.

I saw Len laughing after the review, but it did look like he was getting personal in some of his comments. He said something to Bruno about not speaking unless he is standing up and I did see him point to Bruno's zipper and you know that had to be some kind of insult.
    The judges argued after we saw the scores- that Len shouldn't have given D&K a 7. He said he had given out three 10's, maybe there's a limit . He had also said Bruno has a stick up his @**, which was crass, but certainly par for the course the way this show is going.
    Derek didn't look very upset. He said it was like parents fighting with their children. I still think it was bit staged. To say Derek was no better than Sean is BS. We all know that, even those rooting for another team.
    ness likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I may have missed a bit of the show, but did Len say anything about his behavior? I did see some of it reviewed----you have to love how smoothly Tom carried on.

I saw Len laughing after the review, but it did look like he was getting personal in some of his comments. He said something to Bruno about not speaking unless he is standing up and I did see him point to Bruno's zipper and you know that had to be some kind of insult.
    I admit I haven't watched the show for a while, and yesterday it was just sheer luck I was home to see it.

Based on what I was hearing in the comments afterward - Len felt in his opinion that Derek didn't have enough of the style of dance in his dance and it was worth knocking him down to a "7." Now, sure Sean also got a 7 in his scoring, but to me that doesn't matter - if a judge feels the way he or she does about their scoring, so be it.

Honestly, I felt it a bit refreshing to see that even Len is getting a little irritated with the cheats Derek and Mark have put into their dances and is knocking them for it. If Carrie-Ann knocks a point or two off for a "lift" - even in many cases there ISN'T one - then Len is entitled to vote the way he did for his own reasons.

And honestly this season - it is looking to be a Derek and Mark for sure final with one other person, whom I hope is Zendaya and Val. Yes, I know she is Disney and can be seen as a "ringer" but she's doing this at 18, not after many years such as Jennifer Gray for example.

Sadly, watch the powers that be manipulate the ratings to where Z&V get knocked out the next round or they find a way to where the true "golden boy" (Derek) wins. I like his partner well enough; however, I'm tired of the show trying to always make it where Derek or Mark has a guaranteed spot in the final three. It's really annoying when you can clearly see too that anyone who is not named Derek, Mark or Cheryl wins this contest they are given dancers who either have to drop out or are bad enough dancers they're eliminated early the next season.
    Florimel likes this.

Derek didn't win last season, Tony did. Not Mark, not Derek- Tony
    -Andy Rooney-

Okay, you made me look. If and I say that since anybody can edit them anytime they want, Wiki is correct, here is the list of DWTS winners.

Season 1 - Kelly Monaco and Alec Mazo
    Season 2 - Drew Lachey and Cheryl Burke
    Season 3 - Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke
    Season 4 - Apolo Anton Ohno and Julianne Hough
    Season 5 - Helio Castroneves and Julianne Hough
    Season 6 - Kristi Yamaguchi and Mark Ballas
    Season 7 - Brooke Burke and Derek Hough
    Season 8 - Shawn Johnson and Mark Balllas
    Season 9 - Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson
    Season 10 - Nicole Scherezinger and Derek Hough
    Season 11 - Jennifer Grey and Derek Hough*
    Season 12 - Hines Ward and Kym Johnson
    Season 13 - JR Martinez and Karina Smirnoff
    Season 14 - Donald Driver and Petra Murgatroyd
    Season 15 (All-Stars) - Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani

2nd Place
    Season 1 - John O'Hurley and Charlotte Jorgensen
    Season 2 - Jerry Rice and Anna Trebunskaya
    Season 3 - Mario Lopez and Karina Smirnoff
    Season 4 - Joey Fatone and Kym Johnson
    Season 5 - Mel B and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
    Season 6 - Jason Taylor and Edyta Sliwinska
    Season 7 - Warren Sapp and Kym Johnson**
    Season 8 - Gilles Marini and Cheryl Burke
    Season 9 - Mya and Dmitry Chaplin
    Season 10 - Evan Lysacek and Anna Trebunskaya
    Season 11 - Kyle Massey and Lacey Schwimmer
    Season 12 - Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
    Season 13 - Rob Kardashian and Cheryl Burke
    Season 14 - Katherine Jenkins and Mark Ballas
    Season 15 (All-Stars) - Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough

3rd Place
    Season 1 - Joey McIntyre and Ashly DelGrosso
    Season 2 - Stacy Kiebler and Tony Dovolani
    Season 3 - Joey Lawrence and Edyta Sliwinska
    Season 4 - Laila Ali and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
    Season 5 - Marie Osmond and Jonathan Roberts
    Season 6 - Christian De La Fuente and Cheryl Burke***
    Season 7 - Lance Bass and Lacey Schwimmer
    Season 8 - Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani
    Season 9 - Kelly Osbourne and Louis Van Amstel
    Season 10- Erin Andrews and Maksim Chmerkovskiy****
    Season 11 - Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas
    Season 12 - Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas **
    Season 13 - Ricki Lake and Derek Hough **
    Season 14 - William Levy and Cheryl Burke
    Season 15 (All-Stars) - Kelly Monaco and Val Chmerkovskiy

* Derek Hough was the first professional dancer to win 3 times
    ** Kym Johnson(2 wins 2 2nd), Mark Ballas(2 wins 1 2nd 2 3rd) Derek Hough(3 wins 1 2nd 1 3rd), and Maksim Chmerkovskiy are the only pros to make the finals 4 times
    *** Cheryl Burke has made the finals 6 times, more than anyone else(2 wins, 2 2nd, 2 3rd)
    ****Maksim Chmerkovskiy is the only person who has made the finals 4 times but has never won( 2 2nd 2 3rd).

link
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Sadly, watch the powers that be manipulate the ratings to where Z&V get knocked out the next round or they find a way to where the true "golden boy" (Derek) wins. I like his partner well enough; however, I'm tired of the show trying to always make it where Derek or Mark has a guaranteed spot in the final three. It's really annoying when you can clearly see too that anyone who is not named Derek, Mark or Cheryl wins this contest they are given dancers who either have to drop out or are bad enough dancers they're eliminated early the next season.
    I get irritated about these two with the best of them, but I think this is a bit unfair. Cheryl has not won since season 3. In fact hasn't Kym now won twice as well? And this season, I think both Derek and Mark have partners who are very popular with the fans. I think both of them will probably be in the finals, and not because there was manipulation, but because their stars have fans. The only time it really felt blatant to me in the past was that winner take all cha cha for 15 points that pushed Mark and Chelsea into the finals a few seasons ago. Otherwise, I think they just tend to be partnered with more popular (or controversial, in Bristol's case) stars.

Actually, Kym's won three times, too. She's won the American version twice (Donny Osmond and Hines Ward), and the Aussie version once (with somebody named Tom Williams).
    EnglishCadbury likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

The stars are the pros. I haven't voted for Derek if I didn't like who he danced with. But I believe on this show( now) the pros are the stars.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I admit I haven't watched the show for a while, and yesterday it was just sheer luck I was home to see it.

Based on what I was hearing in the comments afterward - Len felt in his opinion that Derek didn't have enough of the style of dance in his dance and it was worth knocking him down to a "7." Now, sure Sean also got a 7 in his scoring, but to me that doesn't matter - if a judge feels the way he or she does about their scoring, so be it.

Honestly, I felt it a bit refreshing to see that even Len is getting a little irritated with the cheats Derek and Mark have put into their dances and is knocking them for it. If Carrie-Ann knocks a point or two off for a "lift" - even in many cases there ISN'T one - then Len is entitled to vote the way he did for his own reasons.

And honestly this season - it is looking to be a Derek and Mark for sure final with one other person, whom I hope is Zendaya and Val. Yes, I know she is Disney and can be seen as a "ringer" but she's doing this at 18, not after many years such as Jennifer Gray for example.

I hope Zendaya and Val get the recognition they deserve. Yeah, I have voted for Derek before and his partners, but I'm getting tired of the Derek show. Spotlight dances for what? Emmy consideration when they've yet to get one? That dance tribute has been done before. And Derek does cheat the dances, there's no question about it. There is no way Kellie would be able to do basic steps when she leaves this show, it's all showdancing no real grasp of Ballroom fundamentals. It's okay when you have outstanding partners like Nicole or Jennifer, these ladies had amazing foot placement and dance awareness. But others, well, it's the run of the mill dance that Derek keeps the partner in hold because doing anything side by side would expose weakness. On the other hand Val is drilling basics into Zendaya and I could not get over the improvement from her Viennese Waltz to the Foxtrot. That girl will actually be able to perform a Foxtrot socially when she finishes this show. It's not a dance of poses and weebles woobling, it's Foxtrot feather steps, pivots and telemarks. As for Kellie's Paso Len was a bit harsh, but it was again a situation of half measures, no Chaissez Capes, just a shape or two to hint at technique.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 05-08-2013 at 03:06 PM.
    Florimel and jadewarlock like this.

Was the Jamie that danced with Derek the same Jamie from SYTYCD a few seasons back....I think she may have been paired with Hawk at one point. Or maybe I'm nuts....could be!

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Was the Jamie that danced with Derek the same Jamie from SYTYCD a few seasons back....I think she may have been paired with Hawk at one point. Or maybe I'm nuts....could be!
    Yes, she danced the hummingbird with Hok( season 3) it was exquisite
    Maybaybie and ilja like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread