+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: 5/07 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/07 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Derek's Fred Astaire thing was okay, but GLEE already did a tribute to Astaire's dance using the same technique last season.

Interesting about the bottom, I wonder if Ingo was bottom 2? And yet, Jacoby seems to be needing a boost going into the semi-finals
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Is the adorable Peanut Radenmacher the next Disney Kid? He showed a ton of poise during his filmed piece. If that was an audition, I would hire him.
    I sure hope so! My nieces love the Disney channel and I might start watching it with them should Peanut get his own show!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Last year it was the Caveman Shuffle with Melissa and Tony. I picture Mark putting together similar outfits or something from the Lion King.

Did anyone else hear Len say (in the extended piece about the kerfuffle) that Derek's dance was no better than Sean and shouldn't be scored higher? He really did have the bit between his teeth, didn't he?
    Len lost his dignity; he really showed out, and he went completely over-board making a point which left him backtracking trying to justify his actions of giving a "7" to Derek the same as Sean who was voted off the show for a poor performance. Now, Derek who choreographed the routine that caused Len to go beserk and say deserved a "7" - in a piece of sublime irony - on the same show choreographed a Macy's number whiched is hailed as being worthy of an Emmy nomination on this board and on other boards.

Go figure

Those sly producers.....you can't ever count them out, and you can't count on them not to throw you under the bus either despite whether you are the head judge or what is not so fondly sometimes referred to as "their golden boy."

Do I believe Derek and Kellie were in the bottom 3? Not on your sweet life! Human nature and experience with this show tells me there was a backlash against Len's tirade, and there was an outpouring sympathy vote for Derek and Kellie. They were right up there at the top of the heap this week; however, it looked good for a shock, controversy, and to make Len look really bad when the Macy's dance choreographed by - none other than guess who? Derek! who Len had lambasted the night before for his choreography with a "deserving 7"- ended up in the bottom 3.

Gotta watch those sly, clever producers! Although sometimes "a cigar is just a cigar", sometimes indeed " things are not what they seem" in the land of Reality TV,
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Whoop whoop! Sean the Yawn is finally gone! So glad to finally have him off my television screen! I know he'll be back for the finale, but thank god I can just FF through his part lol. Here's to not having him on anymore reality shows that I watch!

Like the rest of you, I knew he was a goner the second Ingo was safe. Not sure why they did that. Do the producers really think we are that stupid that someone else was going home? Bah, lol. Loved that Z and V got the encore dance. I had no clue that she messed up her footwork. I thought it so funny when Val said that he didn't notice either lol. What a performer! I am also glad that the couples got the dances that they wanted. Loved Derek's routine too.

BTW - did ya'll see the commercial for The Bachelorette that ran during the show? Des looks totally adorable! Can't wait!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by live4romance View Post
    Can't wait to see Derek's Macy's dance, sounds great.

It was incredible .I just watched it again. EMMY calling for you Derek!!!

Anna spoke out about his Angelic waltz and a Demonic Paso! she called it 'amazing' and said Len ruined the whole thing

Who goes home next Ingo?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    And IF she does, I can't WAIT to see it!!!!

ness, there is a lot on you tube. I didn't know if you knew or not. I am glad you are happy
    ness likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I may have missed a bit of the show, but did Len say anything about his behavior? I did see some of it reviewed----you have to love how smoothly Tom carried on.

I saw Len laughing after the review, but it did look like he was getting personal in some of his comments. He said something to Bruno about not speaking unless he is standing up and I did see him point to Bruno's zipper and you know that had to be some kind of insult.

I didn't watch every minute of the show last night, but from what I saw, especially in the beginning, Len looked pleased as punch with himself. Even after they ran the replay of his behavior!

I just wish we could see a couple of episodes of this show without the BS. Could the show be so terrible if it was not doctored, manipulated and staged? I think it would be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    ness, there is a lot on you tube. I didn't know if you knew or not. I am glad you are happy
    Thanks for the tip, FM! I DIDN'T know, and I'll definitely check out YouTube!

Yep, I AM happy. I have really grown to like and appreciate Z. I was sour as a lemon about her when I found out she was --- yet again --- another Disney kid (and SIXTEEN YEARS OLD, to boot!). I wasn't thinking that lightning was going to strike twice (Kyle, anybody?), but BOY did it, with her!

For starters, first off, the girl could dance, straight out of the gate. Then she charmed me even more by coming across as what she is, a normal, typical sixteen-year-old. Who just happens to be insanely talented and apparently a real sweetie, personality-wise.

I mean, what's NOT to like and cheer on, if you're going to at least TRY to be fair about her?

Do I think sixteen-year-old Disney kids should be a DWTS staple?

Hell, no.

But regardless of the fact that I don't WANT to, I have to give the DWTS PTB props for Z's selection, and partnering her with Val.

I believe she can take it all, and if she does, I will be VERY happy about that!
    Last edited by ness; 05-08-2013 at 12:44 PM.
    ilja likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Thanks for the tip, FM! I DIDN'T know, and I'll definitely check out YouTube!

Yep, I AM happy. I have really grown to like and appreciate Z. I was sour as a lemon about her when I found out she was --- yet again --- another Disney kid (and SIXTEEN YEARS OLD, to boot!). I wasn't thinking that lightning was going to strike twice (Kyle, anybody?), but BOY did it, with her!

For starters, first off, the girl could dance, straight out of the gate. Then she charmed me even more by coming across as what she is, a normal, typical sixteen-year-old. Who just happens to be insanely talented and apparently a real sweetie, personality-wise.

I mean, what's NOT to like and cheer on, if you're going to at least TRY to be fair about her?
    Do I think sixteen-year-old Disney kids should be a DWTS staple?
    Hell, no.
    But regardless of the fact that I don't WANT to, I have to give the DWTS PTB props for Z's selection, and partnering her with Val.

I believe she can take it all, and if she does, I will be VERY happy about that!
    Well, to quote my dear Kellie. "Everybody likes their coffee different" and there's nothing wrong with that.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread