+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 128
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: 5/07 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

  1. #61
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,851

    Re: 5/07 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    No way is Kellie and Derek on the bottom. That's simply a production pick for dramatic effect!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    (or is that affect, I can never get that right)
    You got it right---generally Effect is for nouns and Affect is for verbs (although there are more esoteric uses when it is the reverse). An awkward sentence example...the effect of Ingo drawing the Charleston was to affect who went home.

    And yay, Ingo's safe another week.

  2. #62
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    57

    Re: 5/07 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    I'm not surprised that Jacoby ended up in the bottom 3. There must be others like me who are getting tired of his shtick. There are 3 things you can count on him doing - bare chest, leaping over his partner and/or sliding through her legs. In the trio dance he did all 3. I'm laying heavy odds that he does all 3 next week. He hasn't been challenged or improved much in the last few weeks.

    Speaking of challege, it seems clear that the producers didn't want anybody (or certain people) to have to do a dance they weren't comfortable with which might have happehed had they drawn for the dances. Thus the farce of having fans vote and, surprise, everyone got the dance style they wanted.
    Last edited by teatime; 05-08-2013 at 01:22 AM.

  3. #63
    Bloomin' FoRT Fanatic! ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roseland!
    Posts
    10,443

    Re: 5/07 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    So, if Zendaya was just a ringer like Nicole was, it would be okay? But it's a problem because she is a teenage ringer?

    And why is everyone acting like Kellie isn't almost on her level?! She has barely topped the leader board like most ringers do and she has stiff competition...fan or not, I just don't get it!

    I personally don't think it would be bad for this show. They have plenty of people who have won in the past that I didn't like (Jennifer Grey, Nicole S, wanted Mel B over Helio, Shawn, etc.)
    but I still watch. This is not that serious of a show... At least not to me, I guess!

    Anywho, I just re-watched the stars of dance and agree, Derek outdid himself and deserves an Emmy nod for that! It was great and I thought it was cool how you couldn't tell the box was moving!


    In one way or another, there are those of us that apparently have our personal axes to grind about various aspects of this show and/or the people that appear on it. Hell, I don't like a LOT of the crap that goes on on DWTS. OR some of the people that show up on it.

    But where have I been for the past 16 seasons?

    WATCHING THE SHOW!

    I liked Nicole fine. Ringer or not, I REALLY enjoyed her dancing, and she came across and read to me as a really sweet, hard-working person. Jennifer and Shawn? Didn't really care for either of 'em.

    And guess what? They ALL won, the world kept on turning, and more power to them. AND to me, for continuing to watch and have fun dishing about the show on this board with other regulars that I like, and whose opinions are interesting and matter to me.

    Our ideas and opinions here as a whole don't always dovetail, and so be it. They're not GOING to, and are not SUPPOSED to, because we're all different human beings with different viewpoints on things. And when our opinions DON'T mesh, like the reasonable adults that we are, we just agree to disagree and keep it movin' in a funny, lunatic way. We don't hit each other over the head with our gloom-and-doom take on a particular aspect of this show, or person on it, because if we did, then most likely none of us would still be here, enjoying ourselves.

    JMHO.

    As for Derek's "Dancing on the Ceiling" number?

    If there's no Emmy nod/win for THAT, then I'd STRONGLY be inclined to believe a fix was put in for there NOT to be!

    LOLOLOLOL!!!!!
    Last edited by ness; 05-08-2013 at 01:41 AM.
    ilja likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

  4. #64
    It's Not Unusual! KrazeeKy07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,392

    Re: 5/07 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post


    In one way or another, there are those of us that apparently have our personal axes to grind about various aspects of this show and/or the people that appear on it. Hell, I don't like a LOT of the crap that goes on on DWTS. OR some of the people that show up on it.

    But where have I been for the past 16 seasons?

    WATCHING THE SHOW!

    I liked Nicole fine. Ringer or not, I REALLY enjoyed her dancing, and she came across and read to me as a really sweet, hard-working person. Jennifer and Shawn? Didn't really care for either of 'em.

    And guess what? They ALL won, the world kept on turning, and more power to them. AND to me, for continuing to watch and have fun dishing about the show on this board with other regulars that I like, and whose opinions are interesting and matter to me.

    Our ideas and opinions here as a whole don't always dovetail, and so be it. They're not GOING to, and are not SUPPOSED to, because we're all different human beings with different viewpoints on things. And when our opinions DON'T mesh, like the reasonable adults that we are, we just agree to disagree and keep it movin' in a funny, lunatic way. We don't hit each other over the head with our gloom-and-doom take on a particular aspect of this show, or person on it, because if we did, then most likely none of us would still be here, enjoying ourselves.

    As for Derek's "Dancing on the Ceiling" number?

    If there's no Emmy nod/win for THAT, then I'd STRONGLY be inclined to believe a fix was put in for there NOT to be!

    LOLOLOLOL!!!!!
    Preach ness!!!

    That's why I love this board! It's great to see different view points on everything! When I respond back, I'm totally just stating my opinion as well, I'm not being rude or nasty...nor do I find anyone else to be at all!

    I actually think posting here maybe one of the reasons why I will always watch! I've been posting here since season 3...(Wow, 13 seasons and 7 years I believe, woah!) .

    And yes, for once I'll riot for Derek if no Emmy nod happens...yeah, I just said I'd riot for Derek!

    And I'm kind of glad everyone got the dance style they wanted...I'd hate to see how uncomfortable Ingo would've been with hip hop or Jacoby with flamenco.

    I'm sure Mark's Afro jazz will be out the box...lawd help us!!
    ness likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

  5. #65
    Bloomin' FoRT Fanatic! ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roseland!
    Posts
    10,443

    Re: 5/07 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    Preach ness!!!

    That's why I love this board! It's great to see different view points on everything! When I respond back, I'm totally just stating my opinion as well, I'm not being rude or nasty...nor do I find anyone else to be at all!

    I actually think posting here maybe one of the reasons why I will always watch! I've been posting here since season 3...(Wow, 13 seasons and 7 years I believe, woah!) .

    And yes, for once I'll riot for Derek if no Emmy nod happens...yeah, I just said I'd riot for Derek!

    And I'm kind of glad everyone got the dance style they wanted...I'd hate to see how uncomfortable Ingo would've been with hip hop or Jacoby with flamenco.

    I'm sure Mark's Afro jazz will be out the box...lawd help us!!
    Shove it on over on the riot bus, because I'll HAPPILY join you!

    I'm glad everyone got the dance style they wanted, too. I'm sure Ingo and Jacoby would've done their dead-level best, but there would've been a lot of pain and blood on the road to Ingo doing a hip hop number or Jacoby doing a flamenco.

    And life is just TOO short for that!!!!!

    Mark's Afro Jazz?

    Oh, brother!

    Was it Katherine that he did a kind of jungle-something number with, IIRC? I'm gonna be looking for bare feet, loincloths and maybe an afro-something on Aly's head. Don't think it'll be a wig, though, because God above only knows, she's got MORE than enough hair to make a wild-in-the-woods cloud out of!

    LOL!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

  6. #66
    Forum Assistant Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    20,767

    Re: 5/07 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Last year it was the Caveman Shuffle with Melissa and Tony. I picture Mark putting together similar outfits or something from the Lion King.

    Did anyone else hear Len say (in the extended piece about the kerfuffle) that Derek's dance was no better than Sean and shouldn't be scored higher? He really did have the bit between his teeth, didn't he?
    ness likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  7. #67
    Bloomin' FoRT Fanatic! ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roseland!
    Posts
    10,443

    Re: 5/07 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Last year it was the Caveman Shuffle with Melissa and Tony. I picture Mark putting together similar outfits or something from the Lion King.

    Did anyone else hear Len say (in the extended piece about the kerfuffle) that Derek's dance was no better than Sean and shouldn't be scored higher? He really did have the bit between his teeth, didn't he?
    Have the bit between his teeth?

    You ain't NEVER lied about THAT!!!

    He completely lost his freakin' MIND!!!



    And thanks for the reminder about Mel and Tony's Caveman Shuffle!

    I'd forgotten about THAT one!

    ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!

    Oh, and yep, I DID hear Len say that!!!!!!!!!!

    LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

  8. #68
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 5/07 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Not Necessarily the bottom two said it all. Oh good do you really think we care enough to get hoodnwinked!!!!!!!!!!!!

  9. #69
    Forum Assistant Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    20,767

    Re: 5/07 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Is the adorable Peanut Radenmacher the next Disney Kid? He showed a ton of poise during his filmed piece. If that was an audition, I would hire him.
    NCLurker, dzigner, ness and 1 others like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  10. #70
    Bloomin' FoRT Fanatic! ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roseland!
    Posts
    10,443

    Re: 5/07 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Is the adorable Peanut Radenmacher the next Disney Kid? He showed a ton of poise during his filmed piece. If that was an audition, I would hire him.
    That kid is a straight-up WONDER!

    Now, that child NEEDS to be on TV!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.