+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: 5/07 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/07 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Dancing is Derek's passion, as soon as I saw him, I knew he didn't just love dance like the other pros, I saw it as his passion . Even if I don't like his partner, and there have been a couple, he is often able to make me like them. I don't know what it must be like to be his partner, Brooke still speaks of it . I love Derek, his passion and his choreography

SYTYCD would be lucky to have him.
    I would love to have him on SYTYCD. It would be out of this world!!!
    mesachick and Fanny Mare like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I would love to have him on SYTYCD. It would be out of this world!!!
    Me too. My favourite show and Derek!! indeed.
    Shoepie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm just so happy it's on next week!! Who knows, maybe Derek will choreograph a number for SYTYCD. Louie has done quite a few, so why not Derek?
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I'm just so happy it's on next week!! Who knows, maybe Derek will choreograph a number for SYTYCD. Louie has done quite a few, so why not Derek?
    Mark has as well. So lets hope Derek will!!!
    -Andy Rooney-

I would love to see Derek move from DWTS to SYTYCD, where he would be free to let his creative choreography shine without being a rule breaker or a pet. It would be a great showcase for his talent. I'd even like to see him as guest judge there. I do not like the special treatment he gets on this show.
    Shoepie, Coco46 and EnglishCadbury like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I would as well, his genius choreography is wasted on this show.
    Florimel and Shoepie like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I would not like Derek to move to SYTYCD. He's my favorite of the pros and I don't watch that show, and him moving to that show would not make me watch it.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

I'd love for Derek to move to SYTYCD. I don't watch it and never will!
    renzii likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    When I first mentioned the possibility of another Emmy nomination for Derek in the show thread, it was the most casual of comments. I seriously doubt Derek choreographs his side dances thinking, "Hey, this will get me that Emmy!" He does it because it's his life, and he loves it, and he loves pushing himself into new territories within ballroon, and dance in general.

The worst that can be said about him is that occasionally, he tries to be clever about including just enough elements in the ballroom routines with Kellie (or insert any past partner here) so that he can choreograph a freer, wilder routine. And honestly, he only gets called on it half the time, not because he's a judges' pet, but because he's really good at balancing the seesaw and giving the judges what they need. Mark tries to do the same thing, but he isn't half as clever as Derek about balancing all the elements. (Plus, Derek takes more care to make his partner look good, where Mark tends to shine the spotlight on himself a little more).
    I totally agree.

FORT Fogey

Of course the show wants the recognition from an Emmy. All of the Reality TV shows do. The fact that Derek is gifted enough in choreography to perhaps provide them with one is incidental to the matter at hand. Why should Derek be criticised because he is gifted enough to give DWTS something to be judged in the race for an Emmy?

Now, in my not always granted humble opinion, there have been things to get Derek on, and I have been there to note them, but I don't see his choreography as one of them or really his dance ability either. Note his strengths, and note his weaknesses, but be fair in the assessments and be able to distinquish between them is what I feel.

Len flat out does not like props and all the creativity and flair that makes Derek's choreographies so enjoyable to watch. Len really prefers straight, excellent technique; however, this is 2013, and this is TV. This is a modern day audience not only clamoring for entertainment, but an audience that is accustomed now to a diet of flashing lights, and all kinds of video and sound tricks that I don't even know how to name.

Len has somehow got to go with the flow. He has to be able to find a happy medium which will allow for Derek's tremendous creative ability and yet will not at the same time play down his (Len's) own sense of the "right" technique. Len just simply has to do this, or Len is the one - not Derek - who will eventually end up looking bad - like a critical old fogey instead of the excellent, older professional experienced judge that he should rightfully be considered.
    NCLurker and ilja like this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

+ Reply to Thread