+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: 5/6 DWTS 16 Performance Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/6 DWTS 16 Performance Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Frankly, I didn't care what Len says or does not say tonight. I have lost all respect for him. He didn't like the dance because he thought important elements were missing? Fine. That's something only a student of ballroom would know. So, make your comment and cast your vote. Indulging in name calling and shouting does not make anyone else agree with you. In fact, it validates their disagreement.
    Len ruined last nights show for me.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

FORT Fogey

Add me to the list of those who thought it was orginally a joke on Len's part-----but he went totally out of control and the look of Kellie's face was priceless. She deserves a major apology from Len....but so do the rest of the us.

Oh please please... let this be the week that we say goodbye to Sean the Yawn! Both his dances were off, especially the trio. Wow, what a freaking hot mess that was! Even the girls were off! I am not a fan of his blaming his coloring on not being able to dance either. I know so many guys that can dance amazingly, and guess what... they are Caucasian! Hello Mark, Val, Max, Gleb, Derek, oh wait - ALL of the pro guys on DWTS are white! What a stupid comment.

Anyway - I hope he's gone.

Zendaya was a ball of fire last night! So good!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Add me to the list of those who thought it was originally a joke on Len's part-----but he went totally out of control and the look of Kellie's face was priceless. She deserves a major apology from Len....but so do the rest of the us.
    Kellie put her arm out to Tristan- she is such a sweet person. I think Tristan thought they did a wonderful job( which they did ) so seeing his face , it looked like WTH Len ???
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands View Post
    Yes, Derek is DWTS favorite but the guy is good. I've never seen him try to steal the limelight from his celebrity partner. Mark, on the other hand, is the one that does that. Ive never seen Mark get called out by Len, or the other two judges for his antics. Kellie and Z are the best dancers by far, but I fear neither will win because the judges have already made their choice and it is Aly. I would like to see how great a job Derek would do choreographing some of the really bad celebrity dancers some of the other pros get.
    Yep, I've been one of the ones saying that Derek is the DWTS pet. But what I'm trying to figure out is when I've ever said that he's not good. Also, I've never once said that I've ever seen him try to steal the limelight from his celebrity partner because like him or not, if you're gonna tell the truth on the guy, you have to admit that he does not do that.

Matter of fact, one of the reasons I can and do appreciate and respect the hell out of him is that he DOES, ALWAYS work with whoever his partner is and whatever her strengths happen to be, and spotlights HER. Even if his partner's NOT a ringer, he improves them and makes them the absolute best that they CAN be.

But yeah, in his way, he works his little tricks and antics, too. The fog machine. for one. In another example, deliberately choreographing a Broadway dance when a Broadway dance was NOT what was called for. He got called on the carpet for doing that with Nicole, IIRC. After he did, in an effort to try to cover up/smooth over what he'd done, he stuck his nose in the air at the judges' critique and said: "We did what we did for the FANS!"

Yeah, Derek, like we were so stupid that we actually BOUGHT that!

And facts are facts: Derek, not once, not EVER, that I recall right now, has gotten a total dud/stinker for a partner. While other pros, OTOH, consistently HAVE.

Case in point: Dear Edyta. And frankly, THAT'S why I think she finally got fed up with that state of affairs and quit the show. Good as she is, she never even had a fighting chance at the MBT because of the partners she ALWAYS got saddled with.

And I will lay money down and bet that we will never, EVER see Derek get assigned a dud partner, or go out after two, three dances. If I'm proven wrong sometime in the future, then I'll own that, too.

But that ain't gonna happen, in this lifetime, or any other, I believe. He's the Golden Boy. He's the one that gets the ringers, at least a good 90% of the time, anyway.

And no, I don't believe that's fair.

Mark? My opinion is that he usually doesn't get partners of Derek's caliber. So at one point, I believe he used the overdancing, the mugging, the spats as misdirection to draw your eye to HIM, rather than whoever his not-so-great dancing partner happened to be. Now, I think he mostly still does it as a matter of habit and because, try as he might, he is NEVER going to outshine his brother from another mother, Derek. Much as he wants to. I think he'd like to BE Derek, but that just is NOT going to happen. Unless TPTB throw him a Hail Mary bone and he gets a ringer and winds up with a 3rd MBT THAT way, that is.

Aly winning?

Sure, it could happen.

I'm not seeing it, though.

I think it's a tossup between Z and Kellie.

I'm really thinking Z might take it all.

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 05-07-2013 at 11:06 AM.
    Florimel likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Did Len make a fool out of himself while judging Derek/Kellie last night? Yes. However, I think CA and Bruno also make fools of themselves. The actions of all the judges has gotten out of hand, over the seasons. The spotlight should always be on the non pro dancers and not the team of judges. That said, I realize it's not a perfect world and the show would probably be boring without personalities of ALL those involved coming to the forefront. Whatever.

I'm really thinking Z might take it all.
    I agree ness

Have they critiqued Zendaya once? how about the sneakers?? nope comfy shoes. Where was the salsa in the trio??

She dances sing and acts on her own show- if they want her to win, Derek has to work even harder- everyone uses that stupid fog machine .I am glad Derek dances outside of that box -otherwise this show would even more predictable than its been for the past few weeks.
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

I think maybe I need to watch the Len blow-up again, because last night I thought it was all an act; staged and acted out by all three of them.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    You know what? I'm hoping DWTS has enough dignity to not even give a sixteen year old the rumba. Fair or not, I think the right decision would be to not even make them do it!

Should they have it, however, I'm sure Val will come up with a way to keep it age appropriate and beautiful. I doubted him once and I'll never do that again. He is a wonderful chroegrapher!
    See this is the main reason I made a choice to not watch this season. I don't care, 16 or 61, if you choose to be on this program you should have to do every dance. I totally agree a Rumba is just not right for a 16 year old to dance with a 30 something. I can not/will not critique a child and as a competitor on this show I would have to so I took a break. The judges can't either or else will come off sounding like bullies. If ABC continues to add Disney kids to the cast I will make this break a final one.
    When I get the chance I do sort of try to keep up with the recaps on here though.

IIRC didn't Len call out Derek & Shawn last year over Derek's Samba? That unfortunately goes with the territory Kellie.

BTW...I will admit I did love Derek & Nicole's Broadway inspired Quickstep.
    Last edited by PA Snow Bunny; 05-07-2013 at 11:38 AM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I agree with PA Snow Bunny above. While the youngsters under 18 are quite good, I don't feel comfortable with them as contestants. I'm not sure why, but it takes the sauce out of the show for me. It's not appropriate, IMO. I also think the mental pressure is not right. That said, I think that Zendaya has done well. It's a lot of work and stress for someone her age though.

I'm still not convinced Zendaya will win it though.

+ Reply to Thread