+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: 5/6 DWTS 16 Performance Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/6 DWTS 16 Performance Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    I've never danced...softball and cheerleading for moi! I'm no ballroom expert by any means!

Anyways, just saying they should just not do it, but I know if given the dance, they will nail it as always.

I mean, if Derek and Julianne can do it and it not be creepy (don't know if it was or not, just remember Derek saying they had danced it before)...then I'm sure Z and V would be no different.

And I sure hope she has hip-hop next week...she will blow it out of the park!!

I also hope Jacoby gets the charleston and Kellie gets the lindyhop...just seems like those dances would fit their personalities!
    Danced?

Nah, me either. And no softball or cheerleading, BTW! LOL!

And I've always been the first one to say that I don't have any personal ballroom dancing experience, but have watched and loved it for YEARS (ESPECIALLY those PBS shows!)!

Yep, they'll knock it out of the park. And I clearly remember Derek and/or Julianne saying THEY'D danced the rhumba. And they're such pros, even though they're sis and bro, I can easily see them pulling off that dance without the "Ewww!" factor coming anywhere near them.

And I also agree with what you've said about who winds up getting what dance. We all know Z can handle a hip hop routine, Kellie will blow the roof off the place with a lindy hop, and Jacoby will, too, if he gets a charleston!

I think this'll be REAL interesting!
    KrazeeKy07 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Watched the trio Paso again, it deserved a 40

Bruno was spot on ( for a change) it took my breath away. It was so nice to see Tristan dance something wonderful and different
    NCLurker likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Len said they didn't perform a required move in Paso; in the skybox, Derek said they did. Maybe the fog obscured it? At first I thought Len was setting Kellie up for a joke and would give her a 9 or 10, but he kept going, then stood up, started screaming, and like others, my mouth also dropped open. When his score came up I really thought he would throw the 4 paddle the way he sounded.

As Tom declared - a bad day care center once the other two got to their feet and everyone screamed at once.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Len said they didn't perform a required move in Paso; in the skybox, Derek said they did. Maybe the fog obscured it? At first I thought Len was setting Kellie up for a joke and would give her a 9 or 10, but he kept going, then stood up, started screaming, and like others, my mouth also dropped open. When his score came up I really thought he would throw the 4 paddle the way he sounded.

As Tom declared - a bad day care center once the other two got to their feet and everyone screamed at once.
    Reading lips is not a skill I ever developed, but I watch with my mom, and she said Len called Derek a curse word (hint: involves the word hole.... ) when the mics were off and K&D were heading to be interviewed. When Tom made a joke about Len, she said he also called Tom a bad word. She wouldn't even give me a hint as to what that was.

I don't know what in the world possessed him tonight to behave that way. I have never seen him act like that before. When he stood up and was basically screaming, he got so red in the face that I thought he was about to have a stroke! I hate it too when rules are broken and styles of dance are ignored or deliberately performed incorrectly, but I honestly didn't really notice tonight because the dance was entertaining to me. If it really was so blatantly wrong, he still shouldn't have acted like THAT. I think he temporarily lost his mind.

Aly has been my favorite all season, but I have to say, I think after tonight I am Team Zandaya. She is amazing! Hopefully Sean is directed to the EXIT door tomorrow night. They have their Bachelorette commercials up and running now, so no need for the judges to prop him anymore.

I seem to remember a couple years ago that performed a rumba, but it wasn't your typical 'get-a-room' rumba. If I recall it had something to do with a dad and daughter or saying goodbye or something. I can't remember who did it- does anyone else? I remember thinking that it was creative, but it just didn't work for me. I'm sure Z and V could do a fine 'age-appropriate' rumba, but I would be surprised if they could also make it a WOW dance as well. They have surprised me this whole season....so maybe.

I thought Derek's idea to take his first dance and connect it to his second dance was pretty cool- they were so opposite of each other. Kellie gets bonus points for her quick change being so good that I had to rewind to make sure I was wasn't crazy by thinking she started in a white dress. I can totally see the producers picking up on that in the upcoming seasons and having all the couples 'tell a story' between both of their dances.

Peta gets a 10 for running down those stairs at breakneck speed in those heels. That was the best part of that dance.

I will probably get hate mail for saying this, but I'm not minding Mark as much this season. He ususally drives me absolutely nuts, but he seems toned down a bit this time around. I'm convinced it's because he has grown his hair back and isn't constantly taking his shirt off and acting like a mini-Maks poseur. For whatever the reason, it's for the better.

To the Point

You know, Len was really ridiculous last night. If he didn't think it deserved a 10, fine give them 9, or even an 8, but a 7 was beyond ridiculous. This show is suppose to be about the celebrity much more than the pro and Len punished Kellie because he was ticked at Derek. I'm not sure exactly what he was ticked about but he acted like an adolescent throwing a temper tantrum. And yes he did call someone an a$$hole and I couldn't catch the rest. I actually think Len got even more ticked off when Derek, Kellie & Tristin laughed at how angry he got during the critique. And yes, the fog machine has been Derek's toy, but I don't think it had a thing to do with hiding footwork as someone alluded to earlier...that hasn't been an issue w/Kellie. These three were incredibly entertaining and no way did they really deserve a 7!

Loved Z's trio. It was tons of fun.

Sean needs to go. I have been very impressed with his attitude through this whole thing. He really does just seem like a nice guy.

If Ingo goes instead that wouldn't surprise me either. Ingo & Sean have similar issues.

Aly, sweet as she is, just still seems a bit clunky to me, but she really has improved.

Jacoby needs to find some new tricks!
    Arielflies and Photobabe like this.

FORT Fogey

I have not always agreed with Len's judgments, but prior to this season, I respected him. As the head judge and the judge with the actual ballroom knowledge, experience as well as age, he has always conducted himself with a sense of decorum even during the season that it was reported that he was being treated for some type of cancer. This season, however, Len has become increasingly and un-necessarily nastier in his judgments until last night he completely lost it and engaged in what was basically a temper tantrum resulting in cursing and taking out his evidently built up resentment in the professional on the contestant. As one poster succintly put it in a comment section, "That outburst ruined the evening's viewing for my family. We feel that Len owes DWTS and the viewers an apology."
    Since the other two flounce around and carry on somewhat on a regular basis, we have come to expect shenanigans from them, but I don't expect the type of behavior we received from Len last night, so I think I agree with the poster.
    JunkieGirl and Need40winks like this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Maybe because Len IS the only one of 'em qualified to judge actual ballroom dance, he'd had ENOUGH of playing footsie with the DWTS pet? I mean, come on. I think Derek's talented and knows his stuff. And I LIKE his stuff. But facts are facts. He uses his Golden Boy of The Ballroom status to push the envelope where others would not DARE, and SELDOM gets TRULY called out for his antics.
    Yes, Derek is DWTS favorite but the guy is good. I've never seen him try to steal the limelight from his celebrity partner. Mark, on the other hand, is the one that does that. Ive never seen Mark get called out by Len, or the other two judges for his antics. Kellie and Z are the best dancers by far, but I fear neither will win because the judges have already made their choice and it is Aly. I would like to see how great a job Derek would do choreographing some of the really bad celebrity dancers some of the other pros get.
    NCLurker and Need40winks like this.

Wild night! I was so shocked by the big scene that I thought it was a big joke. Even when I went to bed, I kept thinking it was joke. I guess not. I wonder if Tom's comment on someone not taking their meds was right. ?? I wonder what Len will have to say for himself tonight.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Wild night! I was so shocked by the big scene that I thought it was a big joke. Even when I went to bed, I kept thinking it was joke. I guess not. I wonder if Tom's comment on someone not taking their meds was right. ?? I wonder what Len will have to say for himself tonight.
    He needs to apologize to Kellie, if no one else. That was just nuts.

+ Reply to Thread