+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: 5/6 DWTS 16 Performance Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/6 DWTS 16 Performance Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

I don't know. I did the rhumba when I was 16 along with every other popular dance and so did all my friends. I don't know anything at all about Zendaya; she may be exactly what she seems, but she is a professional actress. I like her very much and think she's an excellent dancer. But the majority of kids at 16 are not all that innocent and never were. My point is that I have no problem with her dancing the rhumba if they give her that dance and I trust Val enough to not go over the top.
    ness and ilja like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I don't know. I did the rhumba when I was 16 along with every other popular dance and so did all my friends. I don't know anything at all about Zendaya; she may be exactly what she seems, but she is a professional actress. I like her very much and think she's an excellent dancer. But the majority of kids at 16 are not all that innocent and never were. My point is that I have no problem with her dancing the rhumba if they give her that dance and I trust Val enough to not go over the top.
    He's a pro and a teacher, he should be able to teach a 16 year old. I also did that dance at 16
    ness likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    That's IT, exactly, Flo!

After seeing how Val's handled Z this season, I believe we ALL trust him enough that we know he's NOT gonna drive the car off the bridge with her sitting in the shotgun seat!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Len showed his rear end. I was embarrassed for him because he didn't seem to be able to control himself once he got started. A simple "too many gadgets and flashing lights and not enough dancing for me," with a docked point would have conveyed the point to Derek who is not stupid.Instead Len went on a complete tirade. If he has enough professionalism and personal integrity to re-watch that routine, Len is going to see that there was considerably more dancing in it than he first noticed. He simply zeroed in on what irritated him and lost it from there.

Three points seems excessive considering that Len went right along with the other 2 and docked Derek 1/2 of a point the season he and Shayne deliberately broke the rules and flaunted it in the judges' faces. There's nothing like keeping priorities in the right place now, is there? Len lost his temper and docked Derek 3 points over his own personal opinion, likes, and dislikes.
    I would feel this to be shameful if it were directed at Tristan or Kym the same as I feel at Derek.
    I thought Len's tirade was unprofessional and rude. Remember ... he is judging the star NOT the pro(s) who is responsible for the choreography.

HOWEVER ... it looked to me like Len was reacting to CA and Bruno yelling in disagreement and carrying on. They were both standing ... and he said something about them having to stand in order to talk and then something about someone's a$$. Kellie looked scared
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I've never danced...softball and cheerleading for moi! I'm no ballroom expert by any means!

Anyways, just saying they should just not do it, but I know if given the dance, they will nail it as always.

I mean, if Derek and Julianne can do it and it not be creepy (don't know if it was or not, just remember Derek saying they had danced it before)...then I'm sure Z and V would be no different.

And I sure hope she has hip-hop next week...she will blow it out of the park!!

I also hope Jacoby gets the charleston and Kellie gets the lindyhop...just seems like those dances would fit their personalities!
    ness likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    That's IT, exactly, Flo!

After seeing how Val's handled Z this season, I believe we ALL trust him enough that we know he's NOT gonna drive the car off the bridge with her sitting in the shotgun seat!
    I'm in total agreement!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I thought Len's tirade was unprofessional and rude. Remember ... he is judging the star NOT the pro(s) who is responsible for the choreography.

HOWEVER ... it looked to me like Len was reacting to CA and Bruno yelling in disagreement and carrying on. They were both standing ... and he said something about them having to stand in order to talk and then something about someone's a$$. Kellie looked scared
    THIS. I don't know what idiot is telling the producers that viewers want to see more arguing between the judges, but that idiot needs to be fired. The judging has become a sad free-for-all, and it's making all of them look like fools. It needs to stop.
    Florimel, ness, GabbyG and 2 others like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post

She did look scared didn't she? I think Lens acting is not very good
    Derek has surpassed this show a long time ago, his choreography is wonderful.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    THIS. I don't know what idiot is telling the producers that viewers want to see more arguing between the judges, but that idiot needs to be fired. The judging has become a sad free-for-all, and it's making all of them look like fools. It needs to stop.

I don't know either. But for a ho hum night- this was the most exciting thing to happen, other then Derek's trio
    -Andy Rooney-

Wow, I didn't expect Zendaya and Val to get kudos tonight from Len. He seemed to be down on her all season. This is the first time he's given her any 10's, so I'm sure they're grateful and relieved to finally get his approval on week 8.

I just loved the correct close dance position, the flow and the footwork of the Foxtrot, it was gorgeous beginning to end. One of the nicest Foxtrots' I've seen on the show.

And the Salsa was just incredible. What I loved is Val and Gleb showcased Zendaya as the star. That was great, no showboating or over dancing. The lifts and tricks were limited to only a few well chosen ones, the Salsa underarm passes and twirls were seemless, the humor in the dancing was subtle but fun, it was cute when Val and Gleb faced each other on a pass and went "woah, you're not my partner" we saw a little bit of hip hop and a little bit of Samba (those beautiful bachacatas again) but these little vingnettes all weaved into the Salsa theme were so good I had to watch it over a few times to catch the transitions. Fabulous. Well deserved 30.
    ilja likes this.

+ Reply to Thread