+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: 4/29 DWTS 16 Performance Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/29 DWTS 16 Performance Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    So, I need to get something clear. Are Kellie and Derek automatically safe for tomorrow night, or were they just given immunity from having to dance off?
    Already safe for tomorrow.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    There is no way the couples were not pretetermined. Best against worst (just like many professional sports) and Ally had her cha-cha dress on already. Then Z&V pick J&K because picking Shawn or Ingo would have been waaay too obvious and they already had Ally steamrolling over Andy anyway. As someone noted upthread, Z already had her jive shoes on, no footage was shown of them practicing the rhumba but it was mentioned that it would be difficult and Jacoby is also a crowd pleaser with his jive. A no brainer of a match-up there. Lastly, Ingo and Shawn, both of whom did the rhumba tonight, both who have are 'hip-action challenged' and both have been bottom2 already. Yup- definitely predetermined backstage. I'm pretty sure the producers think we are quite a dumb bunch!
    They really must think the viewing audience is dumb.

Why does Jacoby's mum get sooooo much TV time. She is very attractive, but I dont need to see her all the time.
    Tobi, Shoepie, Midol and 1 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I only saw bits and pieces but I love Val's attitude. Winning against the weakest dancer proves nothing. To be the best you have to beat the best, or in this case someone who at least presents a challenge.
    Florimel, ness and EnglishCadbury like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    Already safe for tomorrow.
    Thanks!
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Every week it looks more and more like Zendaya and Kellie for the final....And Val and Derek are both excellent, so this could be a real toss up in the end....

Loved Jacoby's lifts in his salsa! They were fabulous! 27 was fair!

That's all I got around to watching ....I'll catch the rest on the review show!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

First of all, I think CarriAnn was horrible tonight. She started off with a tacky comment that Brooke said, "A lady shouldn't say," and I agree because she made herself look foolish, not funny. And, then how rude she was to Kellie was ridiculous. Just because Kellie is sweet and timid doesn't mean she shouldn't be spoken to with some respect. Could you imagine if someone talked to CariAnn that way? She would practically stop the show over the cow she would have! It is also becoming more and more obvious of her lack of knowledge with the actual dance steps this season. She has obviously never taken ballroom dance herself and doesn't understand it that well. You can see Len's frustration at times when she makes comments that are obviously uninformed. I imagine that could be frustrating for the pros who have danced all of their lives.

Secondly, it really seems like Val has a stick up his butt this season too. He got all huffy when there was an internet contest to see who the viewers wanted to pick as a pro dancer to do that special dance. He practically insulted the viewers by saying it didn't matter who we like because they all work hard. And, I think his shots at Mark tonight were low-blows. It was extremely painful to even see Mark's face because of how much pain he was in. So, they picked Andy - someone was going to have to. And, there was no need to ridicule Ally, who is just a teenage girl for picking Andy and winning. He was being a pompous ass and had a superior attitude about the whole thing. I wish Karena had given him the rhumba, but she was too busy kissing his butt. What did that get her? A loss.

If the judges were favoring Kellie and Derek so much, they would have given them three 10's, not a 29. But, they left the door open for Val and Zendaya to get a 30 because she is capable of it. It was their own fault that they didn't accomplish that. Maybe that is what his real problem was tonight. Sour grapes and a big ol' baby because they didn't win like he thought they would (he's just so intense, you know). And, what a sense of humor! Brooke asks him if he is intense eating breakfast. A total opening for a joke. Intense cereal or pancakes. But, Mr. No Personality just says that no, he's not intense over breakfast. I hope this guy writes a book because the gems coming out of his mouth are too good to not be memorialized forever!
    Debb70 and alex2155 like this.

FORT Fogey

Secondly, it really seems like Val has a stick up his butt this season too. He got all huffy when there was an internet contest to see who the viewers wanted to pick as a pro dancer to do that special dance. He practically insulted the viewers by saying it didn't matter who we like because they all work hard.
    I missed that. I saw him being irritated with Brooke but didn't know about the contest. Who won that?

He is new so it makes sense that an older favorite pro would have been chosen.

FORT Fogey

Val won that contest, he thanked the fans, but he said the focus should be on the celebrities and that all the pros are great, no one pro should be centered out. I like that approach.
    Florimel, Shoepie, Bet2Win and 3 others like this.

FORT Fogey

I was disappointed in the scoring tonight. I thought Zendaya was lowballed, and the only comment from Len was Lift your Chin . Docking her 3 points for a very small criticism was overboard. I thought the dance offs were okay, kudos to Val and Jacoby for going head to head, rather than going for an easy win. Mark is a big boy, and this is a dance contest. Aly was dancing with Henry all week, there's no reason if he was in a lot of pain not to allow his substitute to step in. Andy could have faced off against someone who didn't get a 29.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 04-30-2013 at 08:36 AM.
    Bet2Win likes this.

+ Reply to Thread