+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: 4/29 DWTS 16 Performance Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/29 DWTS 16 Performance Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    They really must think the viewing audience is dumb.

Why does Jacoby's mum get sooooo much TV time. She is very attractive, but I dont need to see her all the time.
    They show all the family or friends of the celebs each week. I know for all Bachelor fans seeing Catherine makes them happy and they certainly show her each and every week. She was even part of Sean's package. In my area I was shown Sean with Des (the week he let her go) advertising the Bachelorette show that starts at the end of May. I only watched a few episodes of Sean on the Bachelor so not particularly a fan of his, but I don't care if they show Catherine. I know many of my friends who do not watch the Bachelor think they show entirely too much of her and are put off by it. We see Andy's family, Ingo's family with Peanut, Zandaya's family, etc. I don't think Jacoby's mom is shown any more than anyone else. Jacoby's mom is obviously very proud of her son and loves to dance herself. She is the one who talked him into doing the show. I think they try to show everyone who has someone in the audience cheering them on. IMO what's fair for one has to be fair for the others.

They really must think the viewing audience is dumb.
    That comment I totally agree with. The fix was definitely on. The Immunity Dance was nothing, but a joke. It's a shame because I think we saw less quality with the dances because of the number of dances they had this week. The judge's comments were just as cruel to Andy as they had been to DL when they tried it with him. With all the different sites I looked at it just might backfire because I saw comment after comment where people were giving all their votes to Andy. IMO instead of doing all these gimmicks each and every week TPTB might consider changing the judges. Just let them dance like they use to. No wonder this show is losing viewers.

FORT Regular

The immunity dance and pairing up with definitely predetermined. Aly posted on twitter that she chose Andy because he wanted to do Cha Cha and so did Aly and Mark and no one else did. Seems like that is why Zen and Val chose Jacoby...they both wanted Jive.

Its pretty clear that the judges LOVE Zendaya...I think they definitely left the door open after Kellie and Aly for Zen to get a 30, but she definitely didn't grab the opportunity. The first part of her dance was kind of a mess. I actually thought three 9s was appropriate.
    maude~flanders likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    When CA started her critique, Kellie was not paying attention to her, and CA said focus, Kellie, focus. Is that what everyone is calling rude?
    Yes. A producer was probably in her ear, asking to reel her in to stay on time. I don't fault her for that.

Her critique of a tiny space between their bodies was absurd.

FORT Fogey

I guess I must have been watching another Paso doble, because I thought it was excellent.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Yes. A producer was probably in her ear, asking to reel her in to stay on time. I don't fault her for that.

Her critique of a tiny space between their bodies was absurd.
    No. Actually it wasn't a tiny space, I said it as they were dancing it was too far apart. Derek has got this note from Len when he danced with Nicole and Lil Kim as well. His Ballroom hold isn't correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    When CA started her critique, Kellie was not paying attention to her, and CA said focus, Kellie, focus. Is that what everyone is calling rude?
    Carrie-Ann deserves to be ignored. She really has to go.
    Florimel and maude~flanders like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I missed that. I saw him being irritated with Brooke but didn't know about the contest. Who won that?

He is new so it makes sense that an older favorite pro would have been chosen.
    Val did NOT win. Derek did, of course. Val was full of sour grapes.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    Val did NOT win. Derek did, of course. Val was full of sour grapes.
    Oh, I thought it was the twitter contest that Val won

It's so funny how each of us see things differently in regards to the dancing and to comments made by the pros and celebs.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    It's so funny how each of us see things differently in regards to the dancing and to comments made by the pros and celebs.
    Although I try to remain fair and make fair assessments, sometimes I fall victim. Who we personally favor flavors, sways, and influences the way we perceive things and the way in which we think. It is human nature. I have watched it countless times on the 4 boards I have been involved in from one degree or to another on this forun, the ABC Message Boards, the Fox Message Board, and the WB Board going back to 2000. It is always the same story.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

+ Reply to Thread