+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: 4/9 DWTS16 Results Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Re: 4/9 DWTS16 Results Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Yeah, I think it was time for Lisa to go. I was relieved Victor is still there because he finally got under my skin and I really like him now.

As for Gleb, while I wouldn't mind having him to look at on a stranded island, I wouldn't care to have him around in the event I had a medical emergency. I used to pass out quite a bit when I was younger and no one ever said, ilja, are you all right that I know of anyway. It was always something to the effect of, ilja, wake up!!!
    So true.

Bless Gleb's heart, I STILL SMH when I think about him asking Lisa --- OUT COLD ON THE DAMNED FLOOR! --- if she was OK.

Wow.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

To the Point

Re: 4/8 DWTS 16 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    An encore dance with many lifts. hmmmm Carrie Ann must be having fits. Did she knock down their score last night for them? I don't think she did. Who knows. It is her thing, Len and Bruno don't care at all.
    Lifts are allowed in contemporary. There are certain styles they are allowed in and some they aren't.

Re: 4/8 DWTS 16 Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    An encore dance with many lifts. hmmmm Carrie Ann must be having fits. Did she knock down their score last night for them? I don't think she did. Who knows. It is her thing, Len and Bruno don't care at all.

Lifts are permitted in Contemporary. If someone else already said that here, I apologize.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I may be alone but I want DL to stick around. I want to see him build some confidence and see that he is capable of dancing. I want him given more than insults but both motivation and actual criticism other than cruel insults.
    Yeah, I don't like when the judges choose a whipping boy each season to take out their frustrations. Remember Michael Bolton? Ty Murray? Critique the dance, don't verbally abuse someone. Why the judges haven't figured out that the public will vote in droves in protest, I don't know.

Yet, I get the impression (from the very little I've seen) that DL is not exactly happy dancing. It doesn't seem that he is trying his best, well that is the edited version. If he is happy and enjoying this, I hope he sticks around. If not, he can go home and let someone who is enjoying the experience, stay.

OMG! Zendaya must have the longest legs ever. Stacy Keibler had long legs, Z is giving her a run for her money. Her outfit emphasized the loooooooooooong legs and it looked kinda weird? How she manages those kicks and flicks I don't know. Has she done a jive yet?

I did happen to see the dance with that young girl and Derek. Love the song, Grace Potter is so awesome. Darnit, I just checked in for a few and I'm in tears? That was beautiful.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I am so glad that Wynona and then Lisa went. For once the ones that deserved to go have gone when they should have gone.
    Florimel and Pandora2 like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Yeah, I don't like when the judges choose a whipping boy each season to take out their frustrations. Remember Michael Bolton? Ty Murray? Critique the dance, don't verbally abuse someone. Why the judges haven't figured out that the public will vote in droves in protest, I don't know.

Yet, I get the impression (from the very little I've seen) that DL is not exactly happy dancing. It doesn't seem that he is trying his best, well that is the edited version. If he is happy and enjoying this, I hope he sticks around. If not, he can go home and let someone who is enjoying the experience, stay.
    OMG!

How COULD I possibly have forgotten Michael Bolton? WOW, they did him dirty!

And Ty? They were rough on him at first, too, but IIRC, they eventually warmed up and critiqued him like they had some sense.

Far as DL goes . . .

I believe he underestimated the work it'd take to respectably pull off a decent appearance on DWTS for the first show. From what I recall, he actually stated --- or it WAS actually stated --- that he'd not practiced enough for that show.

OK.

I could tell for the SECOND show, that he'd put more work in. I could also tell that he had absolutely NO sense of rhythm. AT all. The lack of rhythm was was present from the first show too, of course, but was absolutely overshadowed by the glaringly obvious lack of practice.

And The Stooges STILL more than ripped him a new one after the second show. Just got NASTIER. Which, IMHO, was NOT professional, OR necessary. Two wrongs don't make a right. DL paid for his sins from choosing to not practice as he needed to for the first show. He apparently learned his lesson and corrected that failure on his part for the second show.

And The Three STILL chose to be dirty, insulting and hateful to him.

After all that, if I were him, I can't honestly say that I'D'VE been happy dancing on this show, either.

Still, I can see the improvement. After his showing this week, I think he'll be more comfortable and will gradually continue to do better. He certainly seemed more comfortable out there this week, anyway, to me.

We all know he's not going to win. But he came in, rectified his major mistake from the beginning, and is still in there swinging. I give the man a LOT of credit for that. Had I been in his shoes, I might've cussed those sons of biscuit eaters out at the second go-round, told 'em what the could do with their MBT and taken a hike, if they'd abused me like they did him.

By the time he DOES go, I bet he'll at LEAST have acquired SOME dance knowledge and gotten some degree of assurance in himself in regards to dancing.

And most of all . . . He won't have allowed the "judges" and their insults to have run him off.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I think people believe because he is a comedian he is a strong person and can take anything. In reality most comedians are hiding pain from a rough upbringing,abuse etc with jokes and are not that confident unless they are in their element.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I think people believe because he is a comedian he is a strong person and can take anything. In reality most comedians are hiding pain from a rough upbringing,abuse etc with jokes and are not that confident unless they are in their element.
    The tears of a clown.

Gotcha.

Valid point.

Then again, Michael Bolton is not a comedian, and they wore his ass out, too.

The Stooges just don't have a CLUE about the difference between what is SUPPOSED to be a valid, useful critique, versus TRYING to be witty and funny, and having THAT morph into hatefulness and cruelty, is what it boils down to.
    Last edited by ness; 04-10-2013 at 01:47 AM.

One thing I always forget to take into consideration is how hard it must be to learn the actual routine- not performing it correctly. Some people have a good memory and some don't. It always surprises me how quickly a pro team can put together and memorize a dance even with all the other routines they have bouncing around in their head- sometimes 3 routines a night. Now with the celebs, they have to memorize the routine and learn the dance moves and perform like they arne't counting it out in their head, trying to remember to have a heel lead, keep the frame, nice arms, butt in, and smile like you've been doing it for years. I give them credit for trying...all of them!
    ness, Moontat, ilja and 3 others like this.

Brilynn Rakes and Derek were simply wonderful. What a beautiful beautiful dancer she is!! wow

Not bad seeing/hearing Andrea Bocelli either

Good show.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast