+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: 4/2 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/2 DWTS 16 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I am a singer, not a dancer goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who the hell even knows her as a singer?! Good ridance singer not a dancer. What a repugnant woman. Does she and her mom even make the chart. Again,I have to admit I had a bad day and gong for it.
    I didn't enjoy her, and I am glad she is gone. Its that simple.
    dzigner likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    Ingo has V. Waltz as well.
    Thanks!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    What a fun show! All the dancing including the Queen and King taking a turn on the floor with the troupe. I loved the male fight dance (those are always so dramatic) and thought they should have danced to West Side Story. The Stars of Dance was magical, I couldn't see the wires and shook my head at how they worked the props. I loved the comedy as well, starting with Carrie Ann and Len deferring to Bruno because they couldn't decide on the encore dance. I laughed so hard when it was clear Bruno chose the dance that sent him spinning last night. He, and the audience, had such fun with it.

Ah, Huey Lewis - the Marin boys close to my heart. It was so good to hear that song again. Demi, for a youngun, has some good pipes and I enjoyed her song. I once again laughed when Tom and Brooke were in the skybox looking down at the stage preparation and he commented that he hoped the set-up would be done before "Body of Proof."

The right person went home. I don't remember seeing a truly genuine smile from her...she wants to get the heck out of there and get back in the recording studio. As far as the controversy with DL and Len - I'm with Len, he is telling it like it is and DL needs to grow a thicker skin. Perhaps to lower his vote count next week, Len can spout rainbows and bunnies, otherwise voters might continue to side with DL.

As with AI this year, the women are better. Other than Jacoby I don't see any of the men advancing into the final four.
    Arielflies:

The Stars of Dance didn't use wires etc. They videotaped the dance before the show(as Tom said before they showed it) and when they showed it to us they ran it backwards. (But they didn't tell us that part. The viewer had to guess that's what was going on.)

I thought it was very clever and quite entertaining.

FORT Fan

As for Wy--I think once she realized on Monday's show that the judges were going to actually be criticizing her she decided to leave the show and asked ABC that they cover her leaving by saying she was "voted off." That's the only way IMO that she could have left this early because as so many here have said her fan base would have carried her for quite a while yet.

This is my own idea about how/why she left. I haven't read it anywhere else. After that "If looks could kill" look she gave the judges on Monday night I think she decided she didn't want to stick around for any more of that kind of negative critique. I doubt if anyone has ever criticized her like that in public before and she didn't want to stick around for more of the same.

I think she came on the show thinking that she would get a lot of coddling and pity etc for what "She's been through" in the past year and when she didn't she decided not to stick around and actually try to dance.

My opinion only of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Glad Wynona was eliminated it was the right choice I think for the show and for her. Still I wish she could loosen up and enjoy herself she is only 48 yrs old and she moves as if she is 68.
    I thought she was older than that. She movies very old
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I also thought the country fans would have kept her longer. I remember Billy rRy Cyrus almost begging people not to vote for him since he thought he would be gone sooner and he had a tour starting...LOL

One could argue that the two biggest "stars" have now gone home. Fortunately for TPTB we've had enough time to get to know the less famous dancers and will continue to watch.

I wonder what Tony was thinking when he designed this last dance for Wy. It didn't seem to highlight any of her strengths (whatever those might be). I would have put her out there every week in country & western gear unless it was a waltz. Tony has brought out the best in many poor dancers that were no better than Wy, so while I'm glad she is gone I still don't understand the reasoning behind that last dance.

As for the others, Victor could be a real surprise if he continues improving, maybe outlasting Sean and Ingo. Hopefully Lisa goes next.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    One could argue that the two biggest "stars" have now gone home. Fortunately for TPTB we've had enough time to get to know the less famous dancers and will continue to watch.

I wonder what Tony was thinking when he designed this last dance for Wy. It didn't seem to highlight any of her strengths (whatever those might be). I would have put her out there every week in country & western gear unless it was a waltz. Tony has brought out the best in many poor dancers that were no better than Wy, so while I'm glad she is gone I still don't understand the reasoning behind that last dance.

As for the others, Victor could be a real surprise if he continues improving, maybe outlasting Sean and Ingo. Hopefully Lisa goes next.
    Don't forget that Wy most likely had veto power over his ideas. The guy they went to see was a friend of hers and I wonder if she did that to give the guy's tour or concert or whatever some publicity.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    Arielflies:

The Stars of Dance didn't use wires etc. They videotaped the dance before the show(as Tom said before they showed it) and when they showed it to us they ran it backwards. (But they didn't tell us that part. The viewer had to guess that's what was going on.)

I thought it was very clever and quite entertaining.
    I know that part, but what about the scarves and the umbrella? Even in forward time they would have to be on wires.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    English is Bruno's second language and he likes to talk in a big exuberant manner and he sometimes misses little nuances that maybe OK in Italian don't go over so well in English he never means to be hateful and mean.
    I was only talking of Len. I have no issues with Bruno. Scary but I understand every word he says lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread