+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: 3/26 DWTS 16 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/26 DWTS 16 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

I'm so disappointed to lose Dorothy to an injury, as she was really the reason I tuned in this season. I do, however, completely understand her reasoning. As she pointed out, she has to think long term, and it just isn't worth the risk to her health to continue to compete. I also feel tremendously sorry for Tristan, whom you could tell liked Dorothy and was looking forward to working with her. He finally had a partner who was older but very fit and athletic, and she goes out on an injury. Why couldn't Nancy Grace have been the one to leave early and Dorothy be the one to stick around a while longer?

I also just don't understand at all why Victor was in the actual bottom two. Seriously? He may not be perfect, but he's a heck of a lot better than both DL and Wynona in terms of both skill and the ability to sell a dance. I know he probably doesn't have the fan base of some of the others, but virtually unknown contestants with some charm have managed to stick around for a while. I'd be tempted to throw him votes next week, just because I believe he wants to be there and is truly enjoying himself, besides being a better dancer than some others who were spared.
    BTW, biglove44, ilja and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

I just checked Dorothy's twitter account. Nothing from tonight but tweet after tweet from last night from her praising all of her competitors. Telling DL that was some kind of comeback, calling Andy Dick inspiring, referring to Ally as her "fellow Olympian." She's just a sweetheart. If she doesn't have to have the surgery immediately, couldn't they keep her around like they did Carson and have her do some of the interviews instead of Brooke? She couldn't do any worse than Brooke.

Oh, and I forgot to mention how surprised I was to see Kelly Pickler bolt from the stage like that to run down to Dorothy. Not that I thought it was out of character for Kelly--I don't know her well enough to know what would be in character for her--but that she beat everyone else to Dorothy by a long shot. I thought even Derek looked a little surprised at her rushing to give Dorothy an immediate hug. Not sure if she just felt especially close to Dorothy or if she's just the kind of person who's a hugger and wanted Dorothy to feel better. I suppose it's possible that they might have shared a bond because Dorothy's a cancer survivor and Kelly shaved her head in support of a friend with cancer. If Dorothy knew she'd done that, it wouldn't surprise me at all if she would have approached Kelly and praised her for doing so. Or maybe Kelly's just a big figure skating fan and was looking forward to getting to know Dorothy. Who knows.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Yay at Andy Dick doing better than I thought.

I hope he's inspiring enough to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I just checked Dorothy's twitter account. Nothing from tonight but tweet after tweet from last night from her praising all of her competitors. Telling DL that was some kind of comeback, calling Andy Dick inspiring, referring to Ally as her "fellow Olympian." She's just a sweetheart. If she doesn't have to have the surgery immediately, couldn't they keep her around like they did Carson and have her do some of the interviews instead of Brooke? She couldn't do any worse than Brooke.

Oh, and I forgot to mention how surprised I was to see Kelly Pickler bolt from the stage like that to run down to Dorothy. Not that I thought it was out of character for Kelly--I don't know her well enough to know what would be in character for her--but that she beat everyone else to Dorothy by a long shot. I thought even Derek looked a little surprised at her rushing to give Dorothy an immediate hug. Not sure if she just felt especially close to Dorothy or if she's just the kind of person who's a hugger and wanted Dorothy to feel better. I suppose it's possible that they might have shared a bond because Dorothy's a cancer survivor and Kelly shaved her head in support of a friend with cancer. If Dorothy knew she'd done that, it wouldn't surprise me at all if she would have approached Kelly and praised her for doing so. Or maybe Kelly's just a big figure skating fan and was looking forward to getting to know Dorothy. Who knows.
    I was thinking they could crown her prom Queen next week! I wish they would keep her around in some capacity.

As for Kellie's actions she does seem too be a down to earth nice person ... with compassion and a desire to let people know she cares.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I think Victor doesn't have a big fanbase and he's paired with a new pro, so that doesn't help. After seeing Witney in the troupe, I'm actually surprised they picked Lindsay over Witney to be the pro. I have nothing against Lindsay, but Witney just seems to have the bigger personality or charisma or something that is missing in Lindsay. Lindsay is also missing some curves- she's very thin and I remember on SYTYCD thinking her Latin dances appeared to be missing the hip action...basically because she is missing hips... I guess time will tell if I warm up to her.

I'm glad Andy was safe- his was my favorite dance of the night (did i just say that?!) and I'm liking Sharna very much. She seems genuine and supportive and they look like they are having fun.

I have a question. This is Sharna's first season as a Pro but they didn't introduce her. Was she part of the troupe before or something?

Also interesting that the bottom 3 were all the new pros. Sadly ... if Lisa goes next ... so goes Gleb.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I have a question. This is Sharna's first season as a Pro but they didn't introduce her. Was she part of the troupe before or something?

Also interesting that the bottom 3 were all the new pros. Sadly ... if Lisa goes next ... so goes Gleb.
    Wow, that sailed right over my head tonight, even while I was updating the Contestant thread!

Maybe all the pros have more of an effect on votes than people think...
    Shoepie likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I'm so disappointed to lose Dorothy to an injury, as she was really the reason I tuned in this season. I do, however, completely understand her reasoning. As she pointed out, she has to think long term, and it just isn't worth the risk to her health to continue to compete. I also feel tremendously sorry for Tristan, whom you could tell liked Dorothy and was looking forward to working with her. He finally had a partner who was older but very fit and athletic, and she goes out on an injury. Why couldn't Nancy Grace have been the one to leave early and Dorothy be the one to stick around a while longer?

I also just don't understand at all why Victor was in the actual bottom two. Seriously? He may not be perfect, but he's a heck of a lot better than both DL and Wynona in terms of both skill and the ability to sell a dance. I know he probably doesn't have the fan base of some of the others, but virtually unknown contestants with some charm have managed to stick around for a while. I'd be tempted to throw him votes next week, just because I believe he wants to be there and is truly enjoying himself, besides being a better dancer than some others who were spared.
    ITA about losing Dorothy; she is a class act. Was that her hubby in the audience? He's a handsome dude, and it was so sweet to see him tear up when she was speaking.

With regard to the bottom 2 -- it that always the 2 couples with the lowest scores? I always thought it was the bottom one plus some random team that they wanted us to think might be going home. I must be wrong about that; maybe they are being straight up about something!

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    Weren't Witney & Lindsay like best friends on SYTYCD?
    Yes.

It was good we got to see the newbies introduced and dancing so we could see their level of dance. All four passed.

Ah, Dorothy. I think she was hoping she would be eliminated so she wouldn't have to make an announcement. When that didn't happen she pulled the trigger. Ah, Dorothy, I'll miss you. I hope her operation is successful.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    ITA about losing Dorothy; she is a class act. Was that her hubby in the audience? He's a handsome dude, and it was so sweet to see him tear up when she was speaking.

With regard to the bottom 2 -- it that always the 2 couples with the lowest scores? I always thought it was the bottom one plus some random team that they wanted us to think might be going home. I must be wrong about that; maybe they are being straight up about something!
    No, it's not always the bottom two, but I thought that last night, Tom did specifically say the remaining couples were the two with the lowest scores. Nothing against Wynona or country music fans, but it really wouldn't be right if Victor, who may not be the best dancer there but can certainly move better than Wynona, goes out before she does. Same with Vanderpump and DL.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread