+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 225
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: 3/18 DWTS 16 PREMIERE Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

  1. #211
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,412

    Re: 3/18 DWTS 16 PREMIERE Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    The only reason I was looking forward to last night was to see Ingo and Sean. I have loved Ingo since he first showed up on GH. And while he is so not my type (not a big fan of blue eyes and blond hair), for some reason he has always been the exception to me. Maybe it is the Australian thing!! It helps that he is a nice guy. I thought he did a great job last night and will stick around for a while.

    Sean - he danced like what I would expect a typical guy to dance like - who has never danced like this in the past. I do think he will get better as he gets more comfortable with himself and what he is doing.

    The rest I honestly didn't care for before watching the show. I will say today that I was pleasantly surprised last night. I enjoyed, for what they were, all the dances last night. I liked that it doesn't appear like we have any attitudes this season, at least not yet. I was really not looking forward to Andy Dick making a jacka** of himself again and cause controversy. Imagine my surprise when he started talking and basically said he was a jacka** in the past, admitted that he deserved the downfall he suffered, that he has now gotten sober and is grateful or any opportunity! Did I think he was a great dancer? No. But I was very surprised at the person who showed up last night. If he is serious and this was not an act, I am willing to give him a chance.
    The mood seemed lighter, maybe that's the cast, or the judges.I just hope it remains this way
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  2. #212
    FORT Fogey Midol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    My own private zoo
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: 3/18 DWTS 16 PREMIERE Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    Some quick thoughts:

    Disney girl - impressive and will be an interesting match with Val. Still, I think they should set the minimum age to 18.

    Ali - everytime I saw her on the balcony I said "she looks just like Bristol!" Same hair, same dress style, same makeup. Note to producers: don't do that!

    Andy - never heard of him but glad to see he was more pleasant than many expected.

    Football guy - pretty good, and will have a city voting for him.

    Dorthy - nice enough but based on that I have some concerns about her on more atheletic dances.

    Derek - okay, Derek is the bigger star of this couple--I don't know his partner. But she was very good. If she has fans she will go far.

    Sean - I just watch for his girlfriend.

    Victor - They traded Lindsay for Chelsie? Huh?

    Kym and some guy I don't know: Nicely matched.

    Judd & Lisa - no interest
    I just wanted to comment on the bolded...I was thinking the same thing! Not only the colouring, but, also how she spoke/her intonation...very flat. She almost seemed kind of bored. Aly, however, was a much better dancer than Bristol and I'm sure she will put in more effort based on her gymnastic/Olympic background. It is unfortunate that she may remind people of Bristol. I hope she was just nervous and perks up a little bit and we get to see some personality.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

    The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

  3. #213
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,412

    Re: 3/18 DWTS 16 PREMIERE Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I just wanted to comment on the bolded...I was thinking the same thing! Not only the colouring, but, also how she spoke/her intonation...very flat. She almost seemed kind of bored. Aly, however, was a much better dancer than Bristol and I'm sure she will put in more effort based on her gymnastic/Olympic background. It is unfortunate that she may remind people of Bristol. I hope she was just nervous and perks up a little bit and we get to see some personality.
    I never saw that .I think because of the way she moved. I read she was having real problems with her shoes, she isn't used to any heels at all. She did well
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  4. #214
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,412

    Re: 3/18 DWTS 16 PREMIERE Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I would like them to show a leader board at the end of the show to see where everyone stands. Saying who is on the top and who on the bottom is not enough for me.
    I thought they did show it Shoepie.Maybe not- here it is though.

    .Zendaya Coleman and Val Chmerkovskiy: 24

    Kellie Pickler and Derek Hough: 21

    Aly Raisman and Mark Ballas: 21

    Dorothy Hamill and Tristan MacManus: 21

    Ingo Rademacher and Kym Johnson: 20

    Jacoby Jones and Karina Smirnoff: 20

    Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd: 19

    Victor Ortiz and Lindsey Arnold: 18

    Lisa Vanderpump and Gleb Savchenko: 18

    Wynonna Judd and Tony Dovolani: 18

    Andy Dick and Sharna Burgess: 17

    D.L. Hughley and Cheryl Burke: 12
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  5. #215
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,599

    Re: 3/18 DWTS 16 PREMIERE Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

    What was with the dog anyhow? That was odd to say the least.
    The little guy was extremely cute, but I can't stand animals being used as fashion accessories.
    I have no idea who that woman was. Apparently a "Real" Housewive, although I just can't see the realness about her or any of the others I've seen. I've never seen the shows, just seen them when they've been foisted on the public outside of the shows.

    What's with her? What's her story? Do people like her? Does she drag that poor adorable little dog with her everywhere like a designer purse or something? Other than that does she treat the little guy well? Does he get to run around like a dog or put in a storage container when not in "use"?

    I'm more concerned about the little dog's welfare than about her dancing.
    Pandora2 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

  6. #216
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,412

    Re: 3/18 DWTS 16 PREMIERE Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    What was with the dog anyhow? That was odd to say the least.
    The little guy was extremely cute, but I can't stand animals being used as fashion accessories.
    I have no idea who that woman was. Apparently a "Real" Housewive, although I just can't see the realness about her or any of the others I've seen. I've never seen the shows, just seen them when they've been foisted on the public outside of the shows.

    What's with her? What's her story? Do people like her? Does she drag that poor adorable little dog with her everywhere like a designer purse or something? Other than that does she treat the little guy well? Does he get to run around like a dog or put in a storage container when not in "use"?

    I'm more concerned about the little dog's welfare than about her dancing.
    The dog has a better life than some children
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  7. #217
    FORT Fogey Midol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    My own private zoo
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: 3/18 DWTS 16 PREMIERE Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I thought they did show it Shoepie.Maybe not- here it is though.

    .Zendaya Coleman and Val Chmerkovskiy: 24

    Kellie Pickler and Derek Hough: 21

    Aly Raisman and Mark Ballas: 21

    Dorothy Hamill and Tristan MacManus: 21

    Ingo Rademacher and Kym Johnson: 20

    Jacoby Jones and Karina Smirnoff: 20

    Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd: 19

    Victor Ortiz and Lindsey Arnold: 18

    Lisa Vanderpump and Gleb Savchenko: 18

    Wynonna Judd and Tony Dovolani: 18

    Andy Dick and Sharna Burgess: 17

    D.L. Hughley and Cheryl Burke: 12
    Thanks Fanny. Interesting that the two football players are smack in the middle. I'm actually looking forward to an interesting season with no clear favourite.
    ness likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

    The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

  8. #218
    I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Where the Thunder Rolls
    Posts
    2,426

    Re: 3/18 DWTS 16 PREMIERE Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    The only reason I was looking forward to last night was to see Ingo and Sean. I have loved Ingo since he first showed up on GH. And while he is so not my type (not a big fan of blue eyes and blond hair), for some reason he has always been the exception to me. Maybe it is the Australian thing!! It helps that he is a nice guy. I thought he did a great job last night and will stick around for a while.

    Sean - he danced like what I would expect a typical guy to dance like - who has never danced like this in the past. I do think he will get better as he gets more comfortable with himself and what he is doing.

    The rest I honestly didn't care for before watching the show. I will say today that I was pleasantly surprised last night. I enjoyed, for what they were, all the dances last night. I liked that it doesn't appear like we have any attitudes this season, at least not yet. I was really not looking forward to Andy Dick making a jacka** of himself again and cause controversy. Imagine my surprise when he started talking and basically said he was a jacka** in the past, admitted that he deserved the downfall he suffered, that he has now gotten sober and is grateful or any opportunity! Did I think he was a great dancer? No. But I was very surprised at the person who showed up last night. If he is serious and this was not an act, I am willing to give him a chance.
    Good post. I'm with ya on the blue eyed blonde, they do nothing for me. Ingo looks so much better, he's like wine. Gets better with age!

    As for Andy, if he stays the course, he may have the same success as David Arquette. David has not done much of the things Andy has (or we just didn't hear about it) but his commitment to sobriety seemed to become stronger throughout his tenure on DWTS. We watched him thru his struggles, his attempts and his triumphs all without alcohol. I hope the same for Andy. I wonder how long he has been sober? I am not sure why people are wondering why Brooke went "there" Andy has been spiraling down for a long time, I am surprised he is still alive. But her question wasn't out of line. With an addict, the pressure of this show could undo all of the progress they've made. Whether it is due to the pressure from the media, schedule or the addict them self.
    ilja likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

    Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

  9. #219
    FORT Fogey Bet2Win's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,870

    Re: 3/18 DWTS 16 PREMIERE Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    The other surprises for me were Victor and Ingo. I'd never heard of either one because I am neither a boxing nor a soaps fan.

    Victor's down to earth attitude about himself will go a long way in the competition and I found his sense of humor about everything including himself to be uplifting. I'd like him to stay around so we can see him catch on to the various dances. He already knows how to use his entire body to maximum effect as a boxer and I want to see how he applies that to dancing.

    The other surprise was Ingo. I'd never heard of him and wow what a body he has. More than that what control he has over his body. I thought his dance with Kym was the most beautiful of the night in terms of pure physicality. I'm probably echoing a lot of soap fans when I say that I want to see more of him.


    BTW what was it with those awful lights last night? Not only were they distracting but several times so bright they obscured the dancers. If I want a light show I'll go to one. I just want to see the dancing. Period.
    I thought so too! I loved their dance. And since they added contemporary, Len better get a clue that there are a lot of lifts in contemporary dances. He scored them down because there wasn't enough dancing?

  10. #220
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,412

    Re: 3/18 DWTS 16 PREMIERE Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

    Len better get a clue that there are a lot of lifts in contemporary dances. He scored them down because there wasn't enough dancing?
    I love contemporary , I guess I just don't believe it belongs in a show that is ballroom. Len doesn't /hasn't scored contemporary, if he did he would be on SYTYCD.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 03-20-2013 at 02:23 PM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.