+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: 3/18 DWTS 16 PREMIERE Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/18 DWTS 16 PREMIERE Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Maybe he was just scared right down to his socks, but I was completely and TOTALLY astounded that he didn't even basically hear the rhythm of the song and at least move his feet in time to that.

Frankly, I think Wane Newton might've done better on HIS first dance outing with Cheryl.

ETA . . .

DL says he's been dancing 30 years?

There's no way in hell you could prove it by what he put out on the floor tonight.

Sounds about right.

Uh-oh . . .

NOT good.
    I think he said it's been 30 years since he danced ... which gives intro to the line about the judges harshness being like bullying a second grader.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

First question: WTH was Val wearing on his feet? Looked like he borrowed from Big Bird's closet!

I don't like contemporary, if I did, I'd watch SYTYCD. However, I did like the dances that Zendaya, Ingo and Dorothy did, in that order.

Had higher hopes for DL, but that was awful. Andy Dick was stellar in comparison.

Wynonna was a surprise. She moved better than I thought she would. I like that she is doing this for herself. You go, girl!

Kellie was very good, she will definitely go far. I love her spunky attitude.

Jacoby wasn't as great as I expected him to be, but he'll do aight. Love a man wearing purple.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Isn't that a Michelle O look?
    Nope.

Not in the sense that Michelle O originated that particular style and Cheryl's copying off her.

Cheryl was rocking a hairstyle that looks almost like an EXACT CLONE of one that Cher was profilin' back as early as 1964/65 (possibly earlier than that, actually, IIRC), As for Mrs. O? Her hair is much shorter than either Cher's from that era, or Cheryl's from tonight.

Bangs, all three? Yes. Longer? Cher (back in the early 60s), Cheryl (2013). Shorter? Michelle O (2013).

So, if anything, Mrs. O's stylist came up with a shorter version of a longer hairstyle that Cher had already been wearing back 48 or so years ago, at least.

Frankly, I was wearing a Michelle O style about 40 or so years ago, myself.

Back then, we called it a pageboy.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I think he said it's been 30 years since he danced ... which gives intro to the line about the judges harshness being like bullying a second grader.
    OK.

THAT makes sense, now!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I'm probably going to get in trouble for posting this but I can't help but wonder if the Mark hatred was this bad on here before he danced with Bristol.
    Now I'm the one who's probably going to get in trouble for asking ... but what was the reason for the Bristol hate and why would that spill to Mark? Did everyone think their dancing was that bad?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Some post-show thoughts:

- No matter how well her dances are scored, I'm going to enjoy watching Dorothy Hamill dance. She's exactly the same sweet person she was almost 30 years ago, only with a lot of life under her belt.

- Brooke showed she was as bad as ever by the way she handled her questions for Andy. She hit him over the head with a shovel on live TV with that addiction question. Sure he was already talking about it, but she didn't ask anything new, she just made him repeat the same apologetic things he'd already said in his video clip. He may regret being so open about it if he's going to have to trot it out like a 30-lb. headdress every week. He should have the same shot at keeping his dignity as anyone else there.

Overall, seems like a good bunch with some variety, but we could probably pick the final 4 now: Zendaya, Kellie, Jacoby and Aly.
    NCLurker, fireflyer and Alexxxx like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I'm probably going to get in trouble for posting this but I can't help but wonder if the Mark hatred was this bad on here before he danced with Bristol.
    No, there were plenty of people who have had problems with Mark for years. Some people resent him along with Derek and Julianne for winning so many trophies so soon while other pros like Maks went without, (which is funny since Julianne's been gone for years). Others love them all, and others like Derek but not Mark. There aren't any pros or stars who the board universally loves or hates like a mob. Everyone is free to voice their opinions as individuals.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Newbie

I am a huge Ravens fan and am pulling for Jacoby. I thought he did a great job and if they had not said it I would not have had a clue that he did not have as much practice time as everyone else. I heard a story about him and Karina practicing in a building in my area that includes a sort of daycare center and they took time with the staff and danced with the kids.

FORT Fan

I have to say, I have never been a Mark fan and never will be for one reason: he always upstages his partner with his weird faces and gestures and over-dancing. But something was different tonight. He actually looked different, and it wasn't just the hair. He also seemed calmer and not as flamboyant.

Or maybe I was just so distracted waiting for Ally to have a wardrobe malfunction that I didn't notice Mark for once. (Sorry, but that was one ugly costume she was wearing and I didn't think she had a prayer of getting through that dance without something popping out the top.) With Wynona, I was distracted by her teeny tiny feet which seemed way out of proportion to her body.

I thought Kellie and Derek were well matched, and Dorothy and Tristan as well. I hope both those couples go far.

Yeah...I think when it comes to pros, most of us vary greatly!

For instance, I've always liked Cheryl a lot, but I've seen quite a few people on here who are tired of her!

While I respect them all, I've never really cared for Mark. The camera mugging and out dancing his partner has always bugged me!

My only issue with Derek is that he has never gotten a DL type and while it isn't his fault that the producers never gave him one, that is why I have a slight resentment with him. But I would never take away from him as a pro...chroegraphy wise, he is possibly the best male pro, IMO! And since I do love Kellie, I probably won't complain about him as much as I normally do!

Anyways, got my votes in!

It's nice to have something to do on Monday nights again...I've missed you guys!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

+ Reply to Thread