+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree395Likes

Thread: Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd - Season 16

Re: Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd - Season 16

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I completely agree! And the contestants of the Bachelor/Bachelorette ARE completely forgettable once their season is over. Sooo, when the offers are coming in.. one must take advantage. Just like they mentioned of wanting to get married ON TV... where they met. Not adding the tab will be on ABC.

Did I also not hear that DWTS is only going to do one show a year instead of two as they have been doing previously? Which really means that they only pick the most current/relevant reality stars and Sean would be passe. Not to mention, it also would probably be harder to stop his regular life once again and do another show. He/they are in the groove at the moment so I really don't have a problem with it as long as they are both on board.
    ness likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Here's what I don't understand about the viewpoint that Sean shouldn't be on DWTS so that he can spend time getting to know the "love of his life:" don't most people in love have a JOB?????

It's been said that DWTS reheasal time is about 5 hours a day - far less than a 9-5 job. Mix into that the opportunity to be paid 6 figures for working a relatively short amount of time, anyone would be CRAZY to pass that up!

I would take the money and enjoy the experience.
    Most people that have a lick of common sense WOULD, I think.

Me, included!

As many others have pointed out: Love is GREAT, but love don't buy no house or pay no bills.
    Last edited by ness; 03-21-2013 at 04:44 PM.
    MountainBreeze likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I am going to just comment on his dancing and will say that he didn't flow well at all. He didn't appear to have natural rhythm. Some people just have it from the beginning and others don't. I actually saw more natural rhythm in Andy Dick with the fox trot that Sharma choreographed. It may get better for Sean as it was only week one. I also didn't care for the routine that Peta choreographed for him. I thought it to be a bit cheesy. I really enjoyed Peta with Donald Driver when he won, but did not care for the routines that she did for Giles last season. Giles was a natural dancer and I thought he did so much better when he had Cheryl as a partner. I hope that Peta goes back to the type of choreograph that she did with Donald. jmho Sean was not the worst as I think that honor goes to DL, but he was not the best. Definite need for improvement, but that could be said for others as well. I will take and wait and see attitude.
    ilja and Midol like this.

FORT Fogey

From what I recall of Sean's dance, he has a sense of rhythm, he can dance to the beat. (By contrast, Denise Richards has no sense of rhythm at all). What Sean's dancing doesn't have is grace.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    From what I recall of Sean's dance, he has a sense of rhythm, he can dance to the beat. (By contrast, Denise Richards has no sense of rhythm at all). What Sean's dancing doesn't have is grace.
    He will learn, like a lot of them. He has already said he can't dance, also like a lot of them
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think he looked pretty crappy on the dance floor. He's very stiff, there's no fluidity there at all. I make no bones about the fact that I think Sean is boring as all get out, and he hasn't shown me anything to make me feel differently about that yet....

BUT

to me the best part of the show is when someone starts out horrid, but improves each week. I remember Rob Kardashian who started out so bad it seemed he'd be one of the first to go, but he ended up lasting until the end. If Sean improves then I will give him all the props in the world regarding his dancing and would be happy to see him continue on in the competition. I still think he's a big bore though. [edit for non dancing comment]
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-22-2013 at 12:32 AM.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

One thing Sean has going for him, and it will be helpful in the ballroom dances, is that he has pretty good posture. I think he does better when in hold than not. I worry what the latin dances will look like. But considering I don't think he is going past the halfway point (unless he gets much better), we probably won't have to see much of the latin dances. In regards to this week, I can't decide if having the jive next is a good or bad thing. It probably beats having jazz though.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    One thing Sean has going for him, and it will be helpful in the ballroom dances, is that he has pretty good posture. I think he does better when in hold than not. I worry what the latin dances will look like. But considering I don't think he is going past the halfway point (unless he gets much better), we probably won't have to see much of the latin dances. In regards to this week, I can't decide if having the jive next is a good or bad thing. It probably beats having jazz though.
    I don't think at this point, one is better than the other. The good thing is, he's about where Andy Dick and DL are, they both haven't danced before either. Sean will do his best, family will cheer him on, and iI will throw him a few votes
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Hey, guess what, folks? This is STILL the DWTS forum and we STILL don't want talk about the Bach in here. The staff has deleted a mess of off topic posts in here tonight.

Please use this thread to talk about Sean on DWTS. The Bach season is over and we've closed the discussion threads for that show for a reason. Please stop trying to bring the discussion here.

If the thread veers off topic again, infractions are going to be issued for ignoring a moderator warning.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fan

Sean was on Jimmy Kimmel last night talking about his experiences with DWTS so far. He seems very down to earth and willing to admit that he knows nothing about dancing and is willing to learn.
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread