+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree395Likes

Thread: Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd - Season 16

Re: Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd - Season 16

He knows his dancing ability lacks in comparison to some of his other competitors, but I like seeing an improvement arc and I'm sure that's what he'll provide us with for his duration on the show. This was the first show, and like most premieres, there are lots of jitters and nerves. I watched his interview with George and Sean, like most contestants who do this show, feels better when the first one's over and they've conquered the dance floor (to varying degrees). He seems to be a hard worker and I do like how he takes the challenges head on without flinching.

As an aside, I loved seeing Catherine in the audience. She looked gorgeous!

He was better than I thought- he has the pelvic thrust down just fine
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

He is such a good sport and is obviously trying his best!

Whenever he goes out, I will have enjoyed him IMMENSELY!

Cat's got her a GOOD ONE!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

For someone who admits to having no dancing ability, I thought he did better than I expected. Sure he needs plenty more polish, but it was a good start with lots of room for improvement. I worry about him in latin dances, then again he has the jive week two which could be trouble. I don't think he is going to win, but I predict he makes it about halfway through the season.

On a sidenote, Cat looked gorgeous. It was awesome to see her sitting front row with his parents and all Sean's friends from Dallas there too. Also cute that her dress matched his costume.
    BTW likes this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

FORT Fogey

NCLurker, I also laughed when I saw Sean dance. It must be all about the money, since Sean did the show knowing he can't dance.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

He is not alone in not being able to dance prior to the show. That is pretty much standard for any celeb who goes on the show. Yes, there have been "ringers" - those with previous dance experience, but that experience is usually outside the ballroom genre.

It will be interesting to see those who are rhythmically challenged improve or stagnate week by week.
    biglove44 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    For someone who admits to having no dancing ability, I thought he did better than I expected. Sure he needs plenty more polish, but it was a good start with lots of room for improvement. I worry about him in latin dances, then again he has the jive week two which could be trouble. I don't think he is going to win, but I predict he makes it about halfway through the season.

On a sidenote, Cat looked gorgeous. It was awesome to see her sitting front row with his parents and all Sean's friends from Dallas there too. Also cute that her dress matched his costume.

I didnt see his parents She did look stunning, and I love the way Sean blushed when he was rehearsing with Peta -as I said before he doesn't take this too seriously, he wants to be able to dance with his wife

He won't be the first to go either!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I didnt see his parents She did look stunning, and I love the way Sean blushed when he was rehearsing with Peta -as I said before he doesn't take this too seriously, he wants to be able to dance with his wife

He won't be the first to go either!!
    His parents were sitting right next to Cat. They showed them several times.

I definitely agree that he won't be the first one to go.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

FORT Fan

Maybe he'll be the Jerry Springer of this season. Jerry wanted to be able to do well enough to dance with his daughter at her wedding. His waltz had everyone in tears because he got really good at it and won a lot of fans who either had had no previous idea who he was or who didn't like him based on his show. I was one of the latter and I too cried when he did his beautiful waltz.

Maybe this will be Sean's fate, ending up being able to dance well enough for his bride and picking up a lot of fans for his willingness to try hard and for his easygoing personality along the way.
    umngirl and sparklete like this.

To the Point

I love the fact that Sean does blush! That is something that you just don't see too very often. My daughter blushes and I love it.
    umngirl, inthegarden and ilja like this.

+ Reply to Thread