+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree395Likes

Thread: Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd - Season 16

FORT Fogey

Re: Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd - Season 16

I don't think Sean is trying to be comical as a dancer... he's not like a comedian trying to be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Hell, no, he's no diva.

As for being more relaxed now than when he was doing The Bachelor? Well, seeing as how he's not having to hide out and hide in with Catherine on weekends after, what, two, three months, yep, I'd say that a good enough reason for him to be more relaxed.

Also, let me be completely crass about it . . .

He's earning a nice little chunk of change to set himself up for his new life with his new wife. He gets to dress up in off-the-chain outfits and learn enough about dancing to be able to dance (?!) with Catherine at their wedding . . .

I'd be happy as a hog in mud and more relaxed, too, if I were him!!!!

And no, we ALL know there's no MBT in his foreseeable future, but YES, I'd like to have him around for at LEAST a couple more weeks, too!
    LOL ness, say it like it is girlfriend! I saw nothing crass in what you posted. Here's to next week
    ness and Photobabe like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I don't think Sean is trying to be comical as a dancer... he's not like a comedian trying to be funny.
    I think the funniest people are those that don't try to be funny. Sean is like a big floppy-eared dog out there trying to dance. He's not good, but I'm enjoying him.
    This isnít the Sound of freaking Music weíre watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    batchelorwatcher, I see Sean won you over!! He's not a good dancer, but he knows that as well as any of us. He does seem to work hard at trying and have a good time with it and not take himself too seriously. I can't help it, I do find myself laughing at him every week when he dances. There is just something a bit goofy in his movements.

Those who weren't fans to begin with are going to grab onto every negative that is put out there regardless of the source and/or verification. I have seen nothing to indicate that there is truth to those so-called rumors (I find that term to be VERY redundant when referring to TMZ) but I'm not looking for it. The Sean we have been shown hasn't exhibited any hissy fits, hasn't spoken harshly to Peta, hasn't been nasty to the judges. He has been very self-deprecating, generous with his praise of Peta, has seemed very congenial with the other contestants. I can't judge based on unsubstantiated rumors. He just seems like a, more or less, regular guy who has a normal amount of foilbles just like most of us. IMHO he seems like exactly what he has stated himself....a normal guy. He has had some extraordinary opportunities, but even with all that, he seems to still be more or less what he seemed in the beginning to me.
    I actually did a bit of research when the Diva rumors first started. Turns out that every article that I read on the subject (and there were plenty) all linked back to the one article that broke the news. There never was a second source. While I realize that journalism standards have changed (or is that disappeared) since I studied it back in the 70s, I do seem to recall that you needed at least 2 sources of corroborations before you could consider the news valid. With so many folks depending on unnamed sources these days, I take it all with a grain of salt.

Yeah, I know. I donít have a life if Iím spending my time researching bachelor Sean Diva rumors.
    ness likes this.

Sea and Peta have a VW next week. I think Sean could look quite good all dressed up, and I suspect Peta to be yelling FRAME! every few minutes. I am really looking forward to it , I want to see if he can pull this off
    ness likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Sea and Peta have a VW next week. I think Sean could look quite good all dressed up, and I suspect Peta to be yelling FRAME! every few minutes. I am really looking forward to it , I want to see if he can pull this off
    I can totally picture Peta yelling, "Frame!" at Sean all during rehearsals. It makes me chuckle actually because she yells and Sean just laughs at her. I'm interested to see what year of his life his dance will be based on. I suspect it might be 2012 for obvious reasons.
    ness likes this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I actually did a bit of research when the Diva rumors first started. Turns out that every article that I read on the subject (and there were plenty) all linked back to the one article that broke the news. There never was a second source. While I realize that journalism standards have changed (or is that disappeared) since I studied it back in the 70s, I do seem to recall that you needed at least 2 sources of corroborations before you could consider the news valid. With so many folks depending on unnamed sources these days, I take it all with a grain of salt.

Yeah, I know. I donít have a life if Iím spending my time researching bachelor Sean Diva rumors.
    Yep, ilja, I studied journalism back in the 70s, too, and you are absolutely CORRECT that, back in the day, you HAD to have at least two sources of corroboration before an article/story could/would be published.

Seems like that (and OTHER basic journalistic rules) has gone the way of the Model T.

And, Hon, it's not that you don't have a life . . .

LOL!

It's just that some of the stuff that's posted on here as gospel from "reliable sources" or "friends of friends" or bitter axe-grinders in an effort to stir the pot and get a rise out of people is SO self-serving and ridiculous at times, that just for one's own satisfaction, the eyebrow goes up and the fingers start to fly on the keyboard, in an attempt to provide a common-sense counterpoint to the boring, tiring idiocy and, perhaps, slow it down a bit.

At least that's the way I'M choosing to look at it!

rileymeboy, ilja and sparklete like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    If this was directed at me, I don't think I said ANYTHING to indicate that I thought this was the case. That being said.....carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    I can totally picture Peta yelling, "Frame!" at Sean all during rehearsals. It makes me chuckle actually because she yells and Sean just laughs at her. I'm interested to see what year of his life his dance will be based on. I suspect it might be 2012 for obvious reasons.
    They are apparently having a lot of fun during rehearsals.
    -Andy Rooney-

Ness, what we think of as journalism hardly exists anymore. We don't have Walter Cronkite or Huntley and Brinkley, or Peter Jennings, or Edward R Murrow anymore. (Those were just a few examples that came to mind first). Instead we have gossip mongers, paparazzi, and partisans with an agenda.
    ness and sparklete like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread