+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree395Likes

Thread: Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd - Season 16

Re: Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd - Season 16

So Sean explained the shower thing because he was serious. The first day was because he got a spray tan and couldn't, with the second day basically being laziness.

And Jaceegirl, I agree about last night. Sean did good with what he was given but Peta isn't quite as on this season with her choreo as I remember her being with DD. Hopefully that will change next week if he makes it through. Although I hate that next week is already a themed one.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    My impression was that it was Gilles who was pushing the envelop on the too sexy. This didn't appear to be the same kind, gentlemanly Gilles as before, and there were quite a few negative comments made. In my opinion, Gilles was still the excellent dancer he had been in his previous season and perhaps even better (as evidenced by the difficult and amazing Bollywood dance), but changes in his attitude and demeanor as well as questionable exhibitions, in my opinion, might have caused him to lose a significant portion of his fanbase.
    Yes, good points. I too like the Bollywood number, I think he got too big for his britches. Peta just seems off, although Sean is not Gilles. Gilles had danced before, Sean has not.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    So Sean explained the shower thing because he was serious. The first day was because he got a spray tan and couldn't, with the second day basically being laziness.

And Jaceegirl, I agree about last night. Sean did good with what he was given but Peta isn't quite as on this season with her choreo as I remember her being with DD. Hopefully that will change next week if he makes it through. Although I hate that next week is already a themed one.
    Oh no! He needs to be quartered and hung!!!

Just kidding.
    NCLurker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    My comments are most likely not going to be very popular with all those who love Sean, but this is about the performance I saw last night. I only watched four episodes of his previous show and certainly do not know him, but I again thought last night's performance was cheesy. I rarely agree with Len, but I did last night. I am not blaming the cheesy factor on Sean, but wish Peta would emphasize dance more than she has so far. First the CPR routine and then when Sean just laid on the floor as she danced above him. A few little pats on her behind - that type of stuff has nothing to do with Sean dancing. He didn't do badly when he was on his own, but he did not seem in time to the music. He did seem to be trying and having fun. I think I mentioned last week that I wasn't sure about his musicality. Maybe that is why she is doing all the extra stuff. I don't really know.

Even Bruno who we all know started out with his "save me, save me" likes men who are good looking and muscular. He did get serious enough to point out that it was more of a lindy hop routine than a jive and need to see more turn action that would make it more of a jive.

CA said it was a solid performance, but did say that when doing the same choreography as her he is not exactly in sync. He falls out of the music. She also said that she can tell he is not really feeling the music and needs to work on that and when he does watch out. I think that will be his hardest problem IMO because there are people who don't ever feel the music.

Len said to be honest he didn't get it at all and that is how I felt as well. He went on to say that the theme of the dance took over and nothing really above jive. More about sharks, looking through binoculars and we are here to judge dancing, not clever things and theatricals. That was when someone yelled out about him being cranky and that was the end of it. As, I mentioned earlier I agreed with Len and the constructive parts that Bruno and CA mentioned.

Again, my comments are only based on the performance and has nothing to do with Sean being or not being a good guy and jmho.
    I like Sean and agree with much you have said. I suspect he does not have that much musicality and I don't feel like Peta is really trying to teach him how to dance with the routines he has been given so far.
    NCLurker, rileymeboy and Jaceegirl like this.

When Cheryl got Gilles, he had never danced before and I agree they were a better pair, but I always liked Gilles, even with Peta. I just don't particularly like her choreography, even with Donald. I think Donald would have won with pretty much any of the female pros that year.
    umngirl likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    When Cheryl got Gilles, he had never danced before and I agree they were a better pair, but I always liked Gilles, even with Peta. I just don't particularly like her choreography, even with Donald. I think Donald would have won with pretty much any of the female pros that year.
    DD was definitely winning that season no matter what in my opinion. But I've been one of his biggest fans for years.

I think Sean can do more so I hope Peta picks it up next week.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Sean was tweeting( laughing) about his fake tan. He's right, it doesn't look good. Why they have to have so much, I don't know.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I don't think Sean was joking about the shower. Maybe he thinks that millions of viewers think he's desirable, and that the sweating and not showering is appealing. Why would he make such a statement unless in his own mind he thinks it's okay.
    As a joke?
    ness, bee stung lips and biglove44 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    As a joke?
    Sounds logical and commonsensical to me!
    biglove44 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post

In the end, some things seemed to wind up being better left unsaid. I'm sure he meant it in a humorous way, but remarks about personal hygiene can go either way - they can be amusing or fall terribly flat, resulting in embarrassment. Also, Sean is experienced with editing and reality tv. It was too good of a thing to add any further explanation to the remark we heard. ( I truly need a "rolls eyes" emoticon to end this discussion.)
    NCLurker and biglove44 like this.

+ Reply to Thread