+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree395Likes

Thread: Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd - Season 16

Re: Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd - Season 16

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I don't think Sean was joking about the shower. Maybe he thinks that millions of viewers think he's desirable, and that the sweating and not showering is appealing. Why would he make such a statement unless in his own mind he thinks it's okay.
    Well, I guess we differ, I think there was more said after the shower, but it was cut out. I am pretty sure if he saw Cat in between rehearsals , as he did- he showered LOL
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I wouldn't necessarily admit it on national t.v., but I've gone two days without showering during a volleyball tournament along with most of the rest of my team. That definitely made for some interesting huddles on day two, but at least we changed our clothes. Maybe he was serious, maybe he wasn't. Either way, that face Peta gave him after he said it was priceless.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily admit it on national t.v., but I've gone two days without showering during a volleyball tournament along with most of the rest of my team. That definitely made for some interesting huddles on day two, but at least we changed our clothes. Maybe he was serious, maybe he wasn't. Either way, that face Peta gave him after he said it was priceless.
    She would not have needed to be told though -they dance pretty close.
    NCLurker likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I think it was definitely a joke. She was either asking him to raise his arm higher or They were getting ready to high-five ... and that was his joking response.
    All of these people know there is someone with a camera in the rehearsal studio ... so most want something interesting/memorable/funny for their little piece that is shown before they dance.

I did notice though, that in some instances, Sean was on the sidelines and looking serious ... maybe focusing on his dance to come?. The only time I saw an involved response from him was after Zendaya danced.
    nanarama likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Maybe he was worried. He should be - Peta is a lousy choreographer imho
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think so too! I had that "diva" stuff in my head, but watching the dancers who came before him surely worried him some.

I don't think he and Pita make a good couple. Maybe Cheryl or even Kim would have worked better for him.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

I think Peta did quite well with Donald Driver; he won.

My comments are most likely not going to be very popular with all those who love Sean, but this is about the performance I saw last night. I only watched four episodes of his previous show and certainly do not know him, but I again thought last night's performance was cheesy. I rarely agree with Len, but I did last night. I am not blaming the cheesy factor on Sean, but wish Peta would emphasize dance more than she has so far. First the CPR routine and then when Sean just laid on the floor as she danced above him. A few little pats on her behind - that type of stuff has nothing to do with Sean dancing. He didn't do badly when he was on his own, but he did not seem in time to the music. He did seem to be trying and having fun. I think I mentioned last week that I wasn't sure about his musicality. Maybe that is why she is doing all the extra stuff. I don't really know.

Even Bruno who we all know started out with his "save me, save me" likes men who are good looking and muscular. He did get serious enough to point out that it was more of a lindy hop routine than a jive and need to see more turn action that would make it more of a jive.

CA said it was a solid performance, but did say that when doing the same choreography as her he is not exactly in sync. He falls out of the music. She also said that she can tell he is not really feeling the music and needs to work on that and when he does watch out. I think that will be his hardest problem IMO because there are people who don't ever feel the music.

Len said to be honest he didn't get it at all and that is how I felt as well. He went on to say that the theme of the dance took over and nothing really above jive. More about sharks, looking through binoculars and we are here to judge dancing, not clever things and theatricals. That was when someone yelled out about him being cranky and that was the end of it. As, I mentioned earlier I agreed with Len and the constructive parts that Bruno and CA mentioned.

Again, my comments are only based on the performance and has nothing to do with Sean being or not being a good guy and jmho.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 03-26-2013 at 01:46 PM.
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I think Peta did quite well with Donald Driver; he won.
    I was thinking of her and Gilles, and now her and Sean. I guess I am not a fan . But you are right , with Donald she proved to be good.What happened?
    Even Bruno who we all know started out with his "save me, save me" likes men who are good looking and muscular. He did get serious enough to point out that it was more of a lindy hop routine than a jive and need to see more turn action that would make it more of a jive.
    Peta should have known that.!
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I was thinking of her and Gilles, and now her and Sean. I guess I am not a fan . But you are right , with Donald she proved to be good.What happened?

Peta should have known that.!
    My impression was that it was Gilles who was pushing the envelop on the too sexy. This didn't appear to be the same kind, gentlemanly Gilles as before, and there were quite a few negative comments made. In my opinion, Gilles was still the excellent dancer he had been in his previous season and perhaps even better (as evidenced by the difficult and amazing Bollywood dance), but changes in his attitude and demeanor as well as questionable exhibitions, in my opinion, might have caused him to lose a significant portion of his fanbase.
    nanarama and ilja like this.

+ Reply to Thread