+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree395Likes

Thread: Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd - Season 16

Re: Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd - Season 16

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I bolded who I think will obviously make the best showing with each of the dances.

So ... since comparisons are inevitable ... they have put Sean and Peta against Zendaya. I think it's manipulative.

By the way ... what is considered "jazz" in ballroom dancing?
    Jive:

Dorothy & Tristan
    Lisa & Gleb
    Sean & Peta
    Victory & Linsday
    Zendaya & Val

Quickstep:
    Alexandra & Mark
    DL & Cheryl
    Ingo & Kym
    Wynonna & Tony

Jazz:
    Andy & Sharna
    Jacoby & Karina
    Kellie & Derek
    Echo hope this helps. I think it will be interesting and I guess it will be subjective. This is new territory for everyone this year so I guess it will be a work in progress. I read this on the official DWTS Site.

Judges will be looking for the following elements in the “Jazz” dances: jazz hands, kicks, leaps, rolled shoulers, quick turns and sideways shuffling. It’s destined to be a night of high energy the ballroom with all three dances!

Yet, I also read some comments from people who certainly know more than I do as I know nothing about jazz other than what I have seen on SYTYCD, but the following are some things various people said.

That is only the TACKIEST description of Jazz I have ever heard (coming from a competitive jazz dancer). I can’t remember the last time I have seen jazz hands other than in something related to Fosse. And rolled shoulders and sideways shuffling are nonsense as well. I’m seriously scared of what we’ll see for jazz dances if that’s what the judges are looking for.

Based on the description, it looks like for Jazz they mean the Broadway/Chicago musical type.

Also as a former competition jazz dancer, jazz hands died about 20 years ago. These should be really interesting to see, especially given the way they’ve butchered contemporary.

I think once we see what they perform tonight and what the judges have to say we will know a lot more.

I understand he will have to dance against all of them. I just question the timing. The positioning and the fact that in every dance assignment group ... there is a clear high (judges) scorer ... and it seems staged for this early in the competition. Look who Kellie and Derek are pitted against ... and Derek and Kellie got the Cha Cha last week ?

Who actually does the dance assignments? The producers?
    I dont know who does. Maybe they draw straws.
    I still say it doesn't matter that much, not for me .Others might think differently of course
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I understand he will have to dance against all of them. I just question the timing. The positioning and the fact that in every dance assignment group ... there is a clear high (judges) scorer ... and it seems staged for this early in the competition. Look who Kellie and Derek are pitted against ... and Derek and Kellie got the Cha Cha last week ?

Yes, it is suppose to be the producers.

I honestly think the producers have a few pairs in mind at the beginning of the season that they would like to see make the finals or at least go far in the competition. I also think they try to make sure these groups aren't in direct competition too much, i.e. dancing the same dance or dancing back-to-back. So it appears they are splitting up the frontrunners into different dance styles so we aren't judging them against each other, but against "lesser talent" as they view it. Just my $0.02.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Yesterday I read on Twitter that Sean and Catherine flew to Calgary for the weekend. I did not see Peta in the background in their airport pictures. Whether or not this ties into the article I don't know and I haven't looked at twitter today. Neither made any mention of the TMZ article in their tweets.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

At the beginning of the dance, when Sean was laying on the floor, it looked awkward... as if he was going to watch TV or play with his dogs. I laughed at that part. Towards the end of the dance, Sean appeared to be walking around, instead of dancing. Maybe he didn't have the stamina to do a dance that was non-stop high energy. Is Sean going through the motions for the paycheck, or does he crave fame... maybe it's a little bit of both. Also, it was very inconsiderate of Sean to not take a shower for two days while rehearsing with Peta.

I just figured he was joking about the shower since that would be quite difficult not to notice on someone who has had the kind of workout as these dance rehearsals.
    Shoepie, Photobabe and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I just figured he was joking about the shower since that would be quite difficult not to notice on someone who has had the kind of workout as these dance rehearsals.
    Of course he was.

I think he was way better than last week, these two look like they are having fun. OTOH I do think Peta is making him work at something he isn't familiar with- good for her..I enjoyed them , far better than say DL . Plus I loved seeing Cat booing Len
    Shoepie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

To the Point

I love Sean. I am one who does buy that he is a good guy. That being said, he still has plenty of work to do.

Also, I just watched it on youtube since I didn't watch it very closely last night, and I totally took his comment about not showering as him messing with Peta. Who knows....
    bee stung lips likes this.

FORT Fogey

I don't think Sean was joking about the shower. Maybe he thinks that millions of viewers think he's desirable, and that the sweating and not showering is appealing. Why would he make such a statement unless in his own mind he thinks it's okay.

+ Reply to Thread