+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree395Likes

Thread: Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd - Season 16

FORT Fogey

Re: Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd - Season 16

Sean is meeting real celebrities, producers and executives... but, others from the Bachelor have done DWTS, and didn't get careers in Hollywood. I think Sean will likely just briefly extend his fifteen minutes of fame.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    These people get paid very well whether they can dance or not They're not dancing for charity. He's there to collect a paycheck he couldn't collect any other way at this time in his life.

And the exposure most definitely DOES help them, unless they make a fool of themselves. Sean is making contacts with real celebrities, producers, executives just by showing up each day. Talent is a pretty low priority with execs when it comes to some TV jobs, if you have a decent Q rating (viewer familiaruty with your name/face).

Don't think for a minute that any of the reality TV "stars" who come on DWTS don't know exactly what they're doing.
    Yes and I support their effort. We have no idea what doors have opened and what life experiences have lead reallity 'stars' in a new direction that they never would have had otherwise. We hear about some who work in the media but there are many who have benefited in way's not known to us. I would go for it too.
    ness likes this.

It's pretty funny how we get aggravated about reality "stars" doing this show and forget that the VERY FIRST SEASON DWTS featured none other than Trista Rhen Sutter (of Bachelor and Bachelorette noteriety) as a first contestant. Interestingly, no one said "Boo!" about it then. It was no big deal.

Yes, it would be fun to watch Brad Pitt, Diane Sawyer and Ryan Gossling on DWTS, but that just "ain't happening," so I guess we have to be satisfied with the people they give us. Many of the contestants are people that I've never heard of before. As the season progresses, I find people to root for as I enjoy their progression in dance and what they have learned from the experience. I like seeing how they cope wth being thrown into unfamiliar circumstances. They don't have to be famous for me to appreciate and enjoy them.

As far as being a diva, I think he truth will come out, one way or the other. I doubt it's true, but if it is, the show can throw him under the bus quickly, if they choose. (Remember Jake? They didn't sugar coat him, even though he had been on the same network's reality show.) And to make one more point, the reality show that he was previously on has a way of making people feel strongly about the lead. Some start out popular with fans and soon become the guy most everyone bashes and hates by the end. Sean started out, in my mind, one of the less popular leads. By the end of the show, he had won many people over and the ratings for his season were quite high. It seems unlikely that a diva would be able to accomplish that. Plus the host of his reality show has been known to throw ut snarky comments about the lead in his blog, when he chooses. None of that ever came out with Sean. So for now, I'm going with "innocent till proven guilty."

And as far as Sean making a fool of himself, if they offered me the kind of money he is rumored to receive for this short experience - which is more than I earn in a YEAR - I'd gladly risk "making a fool of myself" while laughing all the way to the bank.
    ness, Shoepie, justCoz and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Doing DWTS won't further Sean's career in the spotlight, (since he doesn't have a career in the spotlight), so why do DWTS, (knowing he can't dance), unless he craves fame.
    How about that fact that, as others have mentioned, he will make more in the 8 weeks doing the show than I make in a year? He gets to have fun for a short period of time, with his fiance's blessing, by the way, and in the process he gets to build a nice nest egg for them as they start their lives together. And this is a bad thing?

I'm sorry, I don't get it. When there is someone on this show who has dance experience we get lots of complaints about ringers. Now that there is someone with no dance experience, there are complaints about a lack of dignity? Wow, just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Jacegirl, the executive producer that I was writing about in my previous post is Conrad Green. His comments were in the article when I clicked on the link. Whoever leaked the information about Sean being a diva, likely is someone who deals with him directly, such as a cameraman or a director. The executive producer, (for the good of the show), will make positive statements.
    Maybe. Or it could just as easily be the mail room person at TMZ. What I have learned is that as long as the source it not named, it could be absolutely anyone - and could be grounded in fact or complete BS. I am very skeptical of any of the rags that publish something without any types of names or details. JMO.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-25-2013 at 01:26 PM.
    ness, Need40winks, umngirl and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I agree I like the original format the best, but next Monday they will have three dances. Sean won't be the only one having to learn the jive as the following are the scheduled dances and who will be doing them. I actually feel worse for Kellie as they were originally suppose to have the jive and had practiced for it and then it was switched to jazz. Since jazz is another new one along with contemporary, I would think that would be another hard one for both the pros and the judges as well. I hope this does not mean they are eliminating the Argentine tango as I loved that dance. I know they use to do another one along with the Argentine tango, but right now I am forgetting which one it was. I think this will be a hard week for all of them. The only one with any dance experience is Zendaya.

Jive:

Dorothy & Tristan
    Lisa & Gleb
    Sean & Peta
    Victory & Linsday
    Zendaya & Val

Quickstep:
    Alexandra & Mark
    DL & Cheryl
    Ingo & Kym
    Wynonna & Tony

Jazz:
    Andy & Sharna
    Jacoby & Karina
    Kellie & Derek
    I bolded who I think will obviously make the best showing with each of the dances.

So ... since comparisons are inevitable ... they have put Sean and Peta against Zendaya. I think it's manipulative.

By the way ... what is considered "jazz" in ballroom dancing?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

ness said:
    In the meantime, I myself plan to keep on watching and rooting for him to see how far he can go and improve from his foxtrot debut, which I liked.
    That's exactly the point of these rumors ... there are huge fans and then there are some like me who has never really cared for Sean ... but at this point have been somewhat positively impressed, and then there are those who don't know who he is. "They" are trying to turn folks like all of us against him and keep us from voting for him.

Remember ... right now there are some viewer votes "in the bank" for Sean (perhaps a lot) and there will be more from tonight, so maybe someone is trying to facilitate a decrease?
    ness and Shoepie like this.

Mohandas Gandhi

Yes, it would be fun to watch Brad Pitt, Diane Sawyer and Ryan Gossling on DWTS, but that just "ain't happening,"
    Hey ... maybe that's why Ryan Gossling is taking a break .... so he can go on DWTS,
    bee stung lips and nanarama like this.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    That's exactly the point of these rumors ... there are huge fans and then there are some like me who has never really cared for Sean ... but at this point have been somewhat positively impressed, and then there are those who don't know who he is. "They" are trying to turn folks like all of us against him and keep us from voting for him.

Remember ... right now there are some viewer votes "in the bank" for Sean (perhaps a lot) and there will be more from tonight, so maybe someone is trying to facilitate a decrease?
    echo . . .

What you've said makes a LOT of sense.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post

For me- It depends on how he does .IF ( if )he looks like he is really trying, I may throw some votes his way. While I am a fan I am not a huge fan, as I am of say Derek's. As for Sean dancing the same dance as Val and his partner,I am sure Val and Zen will kill it, she has danced before. Sean has not, but he will have to dance against all sorts of couples during DWTS. I take each one on their own merit
    ness likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    For me- It depends on how he does .IF ( if )he looks like he is really trying, I may throw some votes his way. While I am a fan I am not a huge fan, as I am of say Derek's. As for Sean dancing the same dance as Val and his partner,I am sure Val and Zen will kill it, she has danced before. Sean has not, but he will have to dance against all sorts of couples during DWTS. I take each one on their own merit
    I understand he will have to dance against all of them. I just question the timing. The positioning and the fact that in every dance assignment group ... there is a clear high (judges) scorer ... and it seems staged for this early in the competition. Look who Kellie and Derek are pitted against ... and Derek and Kellie got the Cha Cha last week ?

Who actually does the dance assignments? The producers?

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread