+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree395Likes

Thread: Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd - Season 16

FORT Fogey

Re: Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd - Season 16

The "DWTS insider" who claimed that Sean isn't a diva could be someone who's trying to protect the image of the Bachelor franchise. And, why would real stars, (with talent), be jealous of a reality TV show contestant? Also, if Sean had any dignity or self-respect, he wouldn't do a dancing show knowing he can't dance... anything for fame.
    rileymeboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    The "DWTS insider" who claimed that Sean isn't a diva could be someone who's trying to protect the image of the Bachelor franchise. And, why would real stars, (with talent), be jealous of a reality TV show contestant? Also, if Sean had any dignity or self-respect, he wouldn't do a dancing show knowing he can't dance... anything for fame.
    Excuses, excuses. So it's okay to believe one gossip article but not the other. Okay.

Real celebrities, you know, people like Denzel Washington, Leonardo DiCaprio, Angelina Jolie etc... wouldn't go on this show, so Sean fits right in with the rest of the people who've done this show. Also, isn't this show meant for b-d listers with little to no dance experience rather than for b-d listers with dance experience?
    ness and sparklete like this.

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44 View Post

I like this article, thanks for posting
    ness likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

To the Point

I am sure that if there is truth to the rumors that we will be able to tell in time and if it's true, but if I can't pick it up while watching the show, not an issue. Even if he's a egotistical jerk, as long as it doesn't affect my ability to enjoy a show, it's all good since I seriously doubt I'll ever run into him in real life. I think I'll pass on taking the word of anyone who would make TMZ their "go to" to spread the word.
    Florimel, ness, umngirl and 1 others like this.

Sean and Peta are dancing 8th tomorrow night. Does dance order mean anything?

FORT Fogey

Most of the people who responded on the TMZ site don't know who Sean is.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what Sean's dignity or self-respect --- or lack thereof --- have to do with the fact that love OR hate the idea, he IS a contestant on DWTS, knowing --- and cheerfully admitting up front --- that he can't dance.

He wouldn't be the first one that's popped up on this show without a lick of dance experience (admitted or NOT), and he will not be the last, for as long as this show runs. God knows, there've been ringers aplenty on DWTS, so all the negative foaming at the mouth now for ONE "Get it while it's hot!" contestant has me SMH and rolling my eyes.

Like biglove44 already pointed out: Isn't this show SUPPOSED to be for B-D listers with little to no dance experience, anyway? At least, that's what I thought when I started watching from the very first season.

And, to touch on what NCLurker said: If Sean IS a jerk on set, to Peta or any of the others, people with eyes and common sense will be able to pick up on that, most likely. Also, news about it from a reliable source will get out sooner, or later. Regardless of who's defending him, vilifying him or could give a happy damn about him one way or the other.

And if/when he DOES happen to behave badly and the info gets out from a reliable source, THEN I will have a major axe to grind with him and will have NO problem letting that be known, either.

In the meantime, I myself plan to keep on watching and rooting for him to see how far he can go and improve from his foxtrot debut, which I liked.

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Doing DWTS won't further Sean's career in the spotlight, (since he doesn't have a career in the spotlight), so why do DWTS, (knowing he can't dance), unless he craves fame.

These people get paid very well whether they can dance or not They're not dancing for charity. He's there to collect a paycheck he couldn't collect any other way at this time in his life.

And the exposure most definitely DOES help them, unless they make a fool of themselves. Sean is making contacts with real celebrities, producers, executives just by showing up each day. Talent is a pretty low priority with execs when it comes to some TV jobs, if you have a decent Q rating (viewer familiaruty with your name/face).

Don't think for a minute that any of the reality TV "stars" who come on DWTS don't know exactly what they're doing.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 03-25-2013 at 05:29 AM.
    NCLurker, waywyrd, ness and 3 others like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I can easily see this as a springboard for some exercise dvds or something.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

+ Reply to Thread