+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Dancing With the Stars 16 Pool

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Dancing With the Stars 16 Pool

The next season of Dancing With the Stars starts Monday, March 18th so you have until March 25th, before the second show airs, to register for the pool.

If you've never played before, here's how it works. You'll pick a total of 5 couples to root for during the season. When they get high scores from the judges and stay on to dance week after week, you'll earn points. One couple of your choice will be your superstar couple and earn double points. Three couples will earn regular points each week. One couple will be your reserve couple. They'll officially be on your team from the start but won't start earning points until one of your other couples is voted off the competition. Then your reserve couple will take their spot on your team and start earning points.

Keep in mind that we never get to know the total of the audience votes so pool scores are based on judges' scores. A couple popular with the audience may stay on the show for weeks even though they have poor judges scores and might not earn you as many points in the pool as a couple that continuously gets high scores from the judges.

So, you can choose to pick couples for your team that you personally like and want to do well or you can choose your team strategically, picking couples based on who you think will do well even if you don't like them personally.

Here are the couples you have to choose from this season:

Zendaya Coleman/Valentin Chmerkovskiy
    Andy Dick/Sharna Burgess
    Dorothy Hamill/Tristan MacManus
    D.L. Hughley/Cheryl Burke
    Jacoby Jones/Karina Smirnoff
    Wynonna Judd/Tony Dovolani
    Victor Ortiz/Lindsay Arnold
    Kellie Pickler/Derek Hough
    Ingo Rademacher/Kym Johnson
    Aly Raisman/Mark Ballas
    Lisa Vanderpump/Gleb Savchenko

This is a points schedule of how your teams will earn points during the season:

Still in competition: 10 points each week
    Carrie-Annís scores: from the show
    Lenís scores: from the show
    Brunoís scores: from the show
    Guest judgeís scores: from the show
    Voted out: -10 points
    Season winner: 30 points
    Runner-up: 15 points

You can post your picks in this thread or send them to me by private message. Here's a registration list to copy and paste to make signing up easier:

Team Name:
    Superstar Couple:
    Star Couple 1:
    Star Couple 2:
    Star Couple 3:
    Reserve Couple:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Re: Dancing With the Stars 16 Pool

Pikachu, I've managed to come up with five couples that I can have on my team without shuddering, at least at the beginning. I haven't yet picked a superstar couple from among them, nor have I picked a team name yet. But please do count me in.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Very good, Florimel! As usual, you can submit your team now and then make changes before the deadline, or wait until after seeing the first episode to submit your team.

I'm going to need to see them all dance one time to make a decision since I don't know a lot of the stars and the ones I do know, I don't particularly like.

I'm glad to see Tristan has a shot at winning this time! Athletes generally do well on the show so it's good that he's paired with Dorothy Hamill.

I'm not familiar with some of the pro dancers this season so that makes it hard to guess how they're going to do with their stars.

I'm in. I'll wait to see them dance once to pick my people though, since I don't know a bunch of these people. But definitely count me in too!

I want to jump in too, but I don't anything about how these people are going to dance. With the allstars you had a good idea of how they might performe.

I know I WANT to root for Lisa and Kellie. I hope they are good enough to be on my team! lol

I got my butt kicked last season. Maybe, I'll do better this time.

The good thing about getting your butt kicked in the pool is you can't hardly do worse the next season!

I won last season so now I have the pressure to do as well this season and that's hardly likely to happen. I can only go down from last season.

It's tough, because if I pick the ones for my team who I think will do best, they may not be my actual favorites. It's a tough call. I really hope Kellie is a good dancer, because I will rooting for her. And even though I want to support Lisa, I just can't see her being at the top.

Oh man, I have five in mind, but I'll wait and watch Monday before I submit! I'm liking Kellie, Jacoby, Dorothy, Ingo & DL...but something tells me Zendaya and Aly will go far...hmmm, not sure how I'm gonna do this!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Your five are exactly the five I have in mind, too, KrazeeKy07, and are probably the five I'll go with.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'll be brave and pick ahead of time:

Superstar Couple: Jacoby/Karina
    Team #1: Kellie/Derek
    Team #2: Aly/Mark
    Team #3: Zendaya/Val
    Team #4: Ingo/Kym
    Reserve Couple: D.L./Cheryl

Team name...will 'Missing My Bad Boy' work?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast