+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Dancing With the Stars 16 Pool

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Dancing With the Stars 16 Pool

Just adding the last pool team.

19. Debb70
    Team Name: Alive & Jivin'
    Superstar Couple: Kellie and Derek
    Star Couple 1: Zendaya and Val
    Star Couple 2: Jacoby and Karina
    Star Couple 3: Aly and Mark
    Reserve Couple: Ingo and Kym
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I finally found time to make an avatar for Arielflies. Go, Twinkle Toes!

Last edited by Arielflies; 03-26-2013 at 05:10 PM.
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,

Thanks Pikachu. I won't use it as an avatar right now, but it will definitely be in all my pool posts It is gorgeous.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Pool registration is closed! I'll be back later with some pool statistics and a list of all people in the pool.

Does anybody know if the judges are still giving half scores this season? So far all the scores have been whole points but last season they introduced the thing where they could give 6 and a half and so on.

I usually don't count the scores from the first week of reality shows I do pools in. However, since the scores this week are based on the total from this week and last week, I have to include them.
    I don't think they are using half points. I think that was just for all stars because they were all good from the start - so they needed a way to further separate them.

I think if they were using half points again, we'd have seen in by now. Personally, I wish they were so that we could at least see a little more discrepancy among the dancers. There are too many receiving the same scores for dances that are not equal to each other.
    ilja likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Dancing With the Stars: 16 Pool Results
    Week 2

Welcome to the Dancing With the Stars pool for season 16!

Each week, I’ll post the scores and leaderboard. If you have any questions or spot any errors, please don’t be afraid to notify me.

This week, Dorothy withdrew from the competition due to injury. She won’t be penalized for having to leave the show for that reason so she got 0 points for her elimination.

Dancers’ Scores
    Aly & Mark: 55 points
    Andy & Sharna: 47 points
    D.L. & Cheryl: 38 points
    Dorothy & Tristan: 46 points
    Ingo & Kym: 50 points
    Jacoby & Karina: 53 points
    Kellie & Derek: 57 points
    Lisa & Gleb: 46 points
    Sean & Peta: 49 points
    Victor & Lindsay: 46 points
    Wynonna & Tony: 46 points
    Zendaya & Val: 60 points

Team Rankings
    1. Alive & Jivin’: 282 points
    1. The Dream Catchers: 282 points
    2. Paddle Pleasers: 280 points
    2. Roseland Ballroomers: 280 points
    3. Missing My Bad Boy: 278 points
    4. Sequins & Squabbles: 273 points
    4. Shake What Ya Mama Gave Ya: 273 points
    4. The Hot Tamale Train: 273 points
    4. Twinkle Toes: 273 points
    4. Twist and Shout: 273 points
    5. Tone Deaf with Two Left Feet: 270 points
    6. Sequin Overload: 269 points
    7. Fanny’s Pack: 265 points
    8. Dixie Disco Ballers: 262 points
    8. Smooth Chocolately Goodness: 262 points
    9. Chmerkovskiy Sandwich: 261 points
    10. Ilja’s Grinnin @er Pickins: 259 points
    10. JLuvs Jitterbugs: 259 points
    11. Irish Eyes are Smilin’: 258 points

Alive & Jivin’ and The Dream Catchers got the highest weekly score and start the pool at the top of the leaderboard. Way to go!

Sharing second place are Paddle Pleasers and Roseland Ballroomers. They currently have the same couples on their teams but they have different reserve couples so their journey up the leaderboard together will end when they lose a couple.

In third place is Missing My Bad Boy.

Fourth place is the hangout for the majority of the pool teams. Five teams ended up there, including Sequins & Squabbles, Shake What Ya Mama Gave Ya, The Hot Tamale Train, Twinkle Toes, and Twist and Shout.

Tone Deaf with Two Left Feet has fifth place all to themselves.

Also dancing alone is Sequin Overload, one point below them in sixth place.

Another team in the solo spotlight is Fanny’s Pack, currently in seventh place.

Two teams share eighth place—Dixie Disco Ballers and Smooth Chocolately Goodness.

Chmerkovskiy Sandwich is occupying ninth place all by themselves.

Another duo shares tenth place—Ilja’s Grinnin’ @er Pickins and JLuvs Jitterbugs.

Finally, bringing up the rear is Irish Eyes are Smilin’. Unfortunately, their eyes are a bit misty as they wave goodbye to their star couple, Dorothy & Tristan. Two other teams, Ilja’s and Chocolately, also had them as their star couple.

Many teams will be putting a reserve couple into play next week because of Dorothy’s early departure. Stay tuned and keep dancing!

So, if Dorothy and Tristan were our reserve people, we can pick another couple for our reserve slot?

Sorry if that's a dumb question . . . Just want to be sure. Never been in a pool, before.

AND pikachu, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK (here and ELSEWHERE on the board!! WE WUV YOU!!!!!!!!!!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Sorry, but you don't get to replace a reserve couple if they get eliminated before you can use them. On the positive side, it's better if your reserve couple goes out before you put them into play so that you don't lose points when they're eliminated, like you would if they got eliminated after you activated them.

It's perfectly ok to ask questions! Other people might have been wondering about that, too, so somebody needed to ask.

And you all are worth the effort to me. I love this forum and the people I've gotten to know here!!
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Sorry, but you don't get to replace a reserve couple if they get eliminated before you can use them. On the positive side, it's better if your reserve couple goes out before you put them into play so that you don't lose points when they're eliminated, like you would if they got eliminated after you activated them.

It's perfectly ok to ask questions! Other people might have been wondering about that, too, so somebody needed to ask.

And you all are worth the effort to me. I love this forum and the people I've gotten to know here!!
    THANKS, pika!!!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Too bad (for me that) the couples no longer get points for the encore dance, but I think it is better without that.

Thanks for all the effort to compile this. I find that I now cheer on couples based on the pool as much as any other reason.

+ Reply to Thread