+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Aly Raisman & Mark Ballas - Season 16

Re: Aly Raisman & Mark Ballas - Season 16

I'm not normally a fan of Mark or his dancing, but I find myself rooting them on. Aly has improved & gotten more confident.
    Olympic champions do well on this show, because the viewers already like them & want to see them do well.

I see Aly as a serious contender now. Even Mark isn't bothering me with her.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

Aly might have had fun doing the shimmy but that wasn't even close to a good Salsa. There were what two Salsa passes? Crawling on the floor and shimming is not even Salsa, and what they did do, I'm sorry the technique was terrible.
    Here's what a great Salsa looks like. The male is a Ballroom dancer, the female a contemporary dancer. They incorporated exciting strength moves that I think Aly could do with practice, and more importantly great side by side salsa and partnering.
    Amanda & Denys - Salsa - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I'm not normally a fan of Mark or his dancing, but I find myself rooting them on. Aly has improved & gotten more confident.
    Olympic champions do well on this show, because the viewers already like them & want to see them do well.

I see Aly as a serious contender now. Even Mark isn't bothering me with her.
    They just make me smile. Kinda like Andy did.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Aly didn't dance to the beat on her most recent dance. (I didn't watch any of her previous dances).

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Aly didn't dance to the beat on her most recent dance. (I didn't watch any of her previous dances).
    I thought she did pretty good according to my count. I couldn't seem to stop myself from continuous 8 counts. It about drove me crazy and kept me from enjoying the dance or the music.

I did notice in Mark's mom's video that she brought up Aly's problem with counting.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

FORT Fogey

What I mean is that Aly's steps during her dance weren't precisely on each beat of the music.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    What I mean is that Aly's steps during her dance weren't precisely on each beat of the music.
    Well to be honest, I'm not sure what I meant. It was hard to keep up with 8 beats. Sometimes I paused and sometimes I stopped at 4.

FORT Fogey

I'm not a bit concerned with counting....

What I will say is that with the body she has, she is dancing the routines well. It seems to me that the gymnists make sharp, in some ways almost robotic moves as a natural course of action perhaps as a result of all of those years of their training. It shows through. Also, they don't tend as a whole to have the kind of bodies that have long elegant lines that flow which make the dance routines such beauties to watch.

She is never going to be "poetry in motion" because of her body shape and those years of instilled training. I choose to view Aly in the perspective of her strengths and enjoy her from that perspective. As long as the routine comes out looking good, I don't care whether she can count or not. What's the big deal?
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

As a part-time defender of Mark, I was disappointed in him last night when he seemed to be throwing Aly under the bus with his comments on the out-takes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678